petition anet to make coated bullet baseline

in Engineer

Posted by: kkiutt.3619

kkiutt.3619

ok i heard they were suposed to make coated bullet baseline for engineer pistol, giving it the piercingability but they didnt.

and as most of you know almost everyone using pistol would take that trait.

so please repli or whatever this topic to start a petition for anet to actualy do it!

in Engineer

Posted by: Jabronie.3049

Jabronie.3049

Coated bullet was by far my favorite trait. Figthing was always very action packed, trying to get at least three opponents in line. Most times the dps was quite a bit lower than with my warrior, but now and then, when the stars aligned, damage counters were popping up everywhere and it was time to shine.

How can they take such a fun trait away? Limit it to a fixed number of opponents if it is to strong in certain situations, but don’t take it away.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Actually, I think it should be rolled into Chemical Rounds.

Chemical-Coated Rounds.

Pistol Shots Pierce and have 50% increased condi duration.

Rifled barrels needs to be base though.

in Engineer

Posted by: Fluffy Jesus.3789

Fluffy Jesus.3789

Pistol 1 was also supposed to be counted as an explosion.

in Engineer

Jabronie.3049

@ Arioso: That would be way too strong for condition builds. Maybe reducing condition duration for every additionally pierced opponent would work though.

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Would not be a massive patch without ANet goofing something. I swear their “CVS” seems to be a pile of sticky notes on the conference table…

in Engineer

Arioso.8519

@ Arioso: That would be way too strong for condition builds. Maybe reducing condition duration for every additionally pierced opponent would work though.

Well, if it’s base, we have the same problem as with combining the two into one trait.

As for pistol 1 being an explosive,
Pistol 1 exploding, and Coated Rounds would NOT synergize well at all. because the bullet only explodes at the end of the bullet’s path. (and an explosion at each target it passes through would be INSANE if it didn’t)

So, if we got one or the other, which one would you rather have?

Explosive pistol rounds or coated pistol rounds?

(edited by Arioso.8519)

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Pistol 1 exploding, and Coated Rounds would NOT synergize well at all. because the bullet only explodes at the end of the bullet’s path. (and an explosion at each target it passes through would be INSANE if it didn’t)

what? coated bullets made p1 explosions proc on every direct hit on the initial shots path.
if it hit 5 targets, it exploded 5 times.

Why would we get one OR the other? that is how it worked before, and it STILL SUCKED.
having both was the only thing that would have made it remotely viable.

in Engineer

Jabronie.3049

Coated pistol, no doubt. I want to be always on the move.

Damage wise it would of course depend on the radius of the explosion and the explosion damage, which is better. But gameplay wise explosions would mean tryin to click the opponent in the center, or tab through, to hit as many as possible and optimize dps. That doesn’t sound to be half as much fun.

in Engineer

Arioso.8519

what? coated bullets made p1 explosions proc on every direct hit on the initial shots path.
if it hit 5 targets, it exploded 5 times.

Why would we get one OR the other? that is how it worked before, and it STILL SUCKED.
having both was the only thing that would have made it remotely viable.

Well I was thinking that procing that many ‘on explosion’ traits at once on pistol might be a bit much, but all that really does in the end is bring it to around the level of the grenade kit, now that I think of it.

Since Pistol/Pistol has pretty poor utility some heavy condi might open the gate to a no-kit or one-kit condi build instead of a grenade/bomb juggling one. HGH and pistols explosives/Alchemy/Firearms kinda thing.

So I think I’ll have to disagree with Jabronie, Pistols and Rifle could use some buffs for those that want to no-kit engie. Maybe even a “Traveling light” trait that decreases gun recharge time for every utility slot that DOESN’T have a kit on it. A bit late for that, but that sounds like an interesting trait to me, might have to be grand-master since it changes playstyles potentially.

(edited by Arioso.8519)