pve dps postpatch

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

As I will not able to play til next week…

How is dps in 30/30/0/x/x postpatch Vs 30/5/0/10/25 prepatch?
Grenadiers builds.
With leaked notes I claimed that we were.going to.be buffed. Some people claimed otherwise. So…

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

What about read patch notes sometime?:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Ryn.6459

?

I did it. Is not so clear, at least to me, if the former crit damage from tools is wirse than.the damage modifiers that we.get now in firearms

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Posted by: Vvash.4290

Vvash.4290

I experimented with some different condition builds but not at my computer right now so haven’t had a chance to test it or remember what I used.

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

With this new update, would it be better to go full zerker now rather than (i think) rampager or rabid for dungeon speed clear groups?

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

I swapped my spec to 30/30/0/0/10 and noticed I melt mobs in my rampager gear. I kept celestial trinkets though so it could be better. Id even consider zerk gear would be better.
I didn’t actualy take a calculator or write all the numbers down, I just noticed mobs were falling way faster.

(edited by Hebee.8460)

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

30/30/0/0/10 Grenades/Modified Ammo got a nice boost this patch. From my testing Zerker and Rampager DPS is about equal. In PvE you’ll prolly be ahead with Zerker gear just cuz the mechanics of conditions. I run half Rampagers half Zerker for fun.

Rabid would be lower.

Blood~

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

(edited by Bloodgruve.6038)

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

I’d imagine you can keep maybe 5 to 6 conditions on a mob (bleed, vuln, poison, burning) should be consistent, maybe cripple blinds and such will also increase the damage, maybe up to 8.

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Posted by: lin.6487

lin.6487

whats better for PvE and WvW for rifle engi armor gear wise. all zerk or mix of zerk with some other gear?

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Bloodgruve.6038

Rifle would probably be Zerker in PvE and Zerker/Knights/PVT in WvW depending on your play style.

Blood~

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Ryn.6459

Blood, what do you recommend? to go full zerker getting as much as possible damage modifiers or to increase boon and condition duration?

EDIT: talking of weapon, sigils, runes and food.

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

You should test. I know I had a 17 Might grenade build which was very easy to buff (as in, no time taken from DPSing) and of which I was quite proud. It had perma Fury and stacked 20+ bleeds all alone with the Might making them tick for 90+ damage.

To my surprise it took about 40 seconds to kill the veteran giant with it and (roughly) the same time with a non buffing, ruby-orb-instead-of-boon-extension-runes.

The increase in raw damage from the orbs (power, crit chance and crit damage) seems to simply make things a wash.

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

Since you started talking about WvW.. How do you guys feel about 30/30/X/X/X with celestial gear grenadier build? or is knight+zerker better? (not interested in going full zerker in wvw).

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Bloodgruve.6038

Best numbers I’ve gotten since patch have been with either Zerker or Rampager’s 30/30/0/0/10, they seem to come out the same in solo testing. Zerker would probably come out slightly ahead in PvE depending on group makeup.

The link is what I run personally. P/P would be good with Rampagers for more Burning but I don’t have ascended pistols yet so I use rifle.

Stack up vulnerability and go to town, Net Shot and Glue Bomb both work here. Keep as many different conditions on the target as you can for more Modified Ammo.

Hair Trigger can be substituted for Sitting Duck if you easily maintain high stacks of Vulnerability.

If I pug I’ll run a Might/Vulnerability stacking build. Drops your personal DPS down but increases overall DPS. 30/30/0/10/0 Fire Fields and 4 to 6 blasts depending on how you wanna run it.

Blood~

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Ryn.6459

To my surprise it took about 40 seconds to kill the veteran giant with it and (roughly) the same time with a non buffing, ruby-orb-instead-of-boon-extension-runes.

The increase in raw damage from the orbs (power, crit chance and crit damage) seems to simply make things a wash.

Well, that’s true but I think the proper comparation is not between your dps. We should compare how much are you increasing the party dps Vs your personal dps lost.

That being said, going with max damage gear your dps can only increase if any other player is giving you boons.

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Ryn.6459

~

Second one is my actual setup; but I go with giver’s weapons and koi cakes, 4 might increasing runes and 2 condition increasing runes (mad king instead of hoelbrak). So I got 100% condition duration and 50% might duration.

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Bloodgruve.6038

Nice, I forgot to change the food to 20% boon duration for 90% might duration. It does seem to make dungeons run faster and easier.

I wish they’d change how conditions work. I hate seeing my bleeds fall off or my burning stop ticking because someone else has a higher burn on…

Blood~

pve dps postpatch

in Engineer

Posted by: Aidan.4602

Aidan.4602

I haven’t tested all numbers and everything, but it feels to me that damage is indeed bigger. Mobs die faster and when I was trying out hot-joins, people also died faster. Although, it may just be a coincidence.

Aidan Vilesight, a Charr engineer – Desolation