really quick scrapper

really quick scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: iggy.3910

iggy.3910

so, before investing a fortune in the commander stuff, i wanted to run this by the great people of the forum. I’m thinking of using this for open world, fractals, etc..

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUBtoiVXBmXB0ehlJjS8ZKgAIc7Smwi+vz7AH-TxBEABJcBA0Z/BmU+xuOAAeAAbpEke1fIFgJisA-e

Pros:
– quickness up more than 30s/40s (elixir U’s cooldown), which means >70%. All self sustained.
- tons of fury => ~80% crit chance most of the time (didn’t really do the math on that one)
- constantly > 10stacks of might….i would say it averages aroun 17 stacks.
- some survivability with the inventions line
- could switch to firearms for some more crit and 2% damage per condition
- toss elixir U reflect
- magnificent hammer utility
- can replace the blast gyro slot with whatever the party needs
Cons:
???

why is this not a thing?

really quick scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Hi bro
I actually use this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUBtbhVXBeeBEqilJjieuz7AX8ZKgAIc7SmwC-TVSBQB7b/hIoE8bTYOo6P3THwVU+8gHAQRUCBgLAApACcqF-w
As you can see, we have really similiar builds.
And yea this is a thing!! But not many ppl know it. This build are not focused on team play, but it shine in open world or wvw.

If you want know cons i can put there some:
-not team based(many boons you apply only yourself)
-lower dmg(even if you reach 100% quickness up time-and this is real)
-toss elixir U is tricky, if you need reflect, murphy rule say-if you need reflect wall you get smoke wall.

I will write pros with my build:
-perma protection
-perma 25 might stack(no sigil, no FT, only toss elixir B,HGH..)
-on demand 80% quick uptime
-perma fury
-perma regen
-60% 3stack stability uptime
-perma swiftness
-10% resistence uptime
-1 free utility slot for current situation demand(wvw-> necro = elixir c, warrior-bulky gyro etc.)
-high sustain

In your build try to take always elixir gun. Acid bomb make great dmg and EG profit from hgh 3 times(TB, acid bomb, super elixir).

My crit chance is somewhere around 92% if I remember right. But still, even if you put everything into the offensive option, you will have medium dps and not party based. So for fracs-condi engi. For open world/wvw-your build.

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

(edited by David.5974)

really quick scrapper

in Engineer

iggy.3910

murphy rule say-if you need reflect wall you get smoke wall.

true!

Hi bro
I actually use this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUBtbhVXBeeBEqilJjieuz7AX8ZKgAIc7SmwC-TVSBQB7b/hIoE8bTYOo6P3THwVU+8gHAQRUCBgLAApACcqF-w
As you can see, we have really similiar builds.
And yea this is a thing!! But not many ppl know it. This build are not focused on team play, but it shine in open world or wvw.
If you want know cons i can put there some:
-not team based(many boons you apply only yourself)
-toss elixir U is tricky, if you need reflect, murphy rule say-if you need reflect wall you get smoke wall.

I will write pros with my build:
-perma protection
-perma 25 might stack(no sigil, no FT, only toss elixir B,HGH..)
-perma fury
-perma regen
-60% 3stack stability uptime
-perma swiftness
-10% resistence uptime
-1 free utility slot for current situation demand(wvw-> necro = elixir c, warrior-bulky gyro etc.)
-high sustain

In your build try to take always elixir gun. Acid bomb make great dmg and EG profit from hgh 3 times(TB, acid bomb, super elixir).

My crit chance is somewhere around 92% if I remember right. But still, even if you put everything into the offensive option, you will have medium dps and not party based. So for fracs-condi engi. For open world/wvw-your build.

Nice to find out it works.
I don’t like nades and I don’t like to join the meta bandwagon just because meta is meta and we all have to meta.
All the condi engi does for the team is add might which with the ps warriors and the revs is plenty to go around … for free basically.
One of our engies brings to the table reflects, cleanses and ccs.
I will probably change elixir B with eg for more cleanses and retal.

You sure? I mean, I guess it is a bit lower than the meta, but is it really considerably lower?

How do you get 80%? You have just the trait wich lasts 6s/10s => 60%

really quick scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

How do you get 80%? You have just the trait wich lasts 6s/10s => 60%

- 60% from trait, and elixir U (12sec/40sec)= 30%? meaby 20% I am not sure.

-One of our engies brings to the table reflects, cleanses and ccs.
I will probably change elixir B with eg for more cleanses and retal.

-On slothy I bring converting condi to boons,reflects are minor … but slick shoes works pretty well.

-And yea dmg is much lower. This one si focused more for solo play. In raid you get boons from herald/chrono/ps warr, here you will make your boons yourself but with cost of passive effects. So this is really strong build for solo, but medium or lower for team play. (In fracs and dungeons this can work)

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

really quick scrapper

in Engineer

iggy.3910

In your build you weren’t using elixir U, so that’s why I asked about the quickness uptime.

I have no idea on the actual damage, but I will roll this and let you know how it goes.
Probably I will get a lot of kitten from the meta bandwagoneers, but eh…that’s life.

really quick scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Toad.8043

Toad.8043

I am enjoying your build. It is most fun and easy and effective for grinding PvE (map exploring, gathering ascended mats, karma train, etc).

I am having mixed results in PvP, but’s that’s due more to inexperience using it. Right now I do better with the power-hammer build… but your build can transition into modified power-hammer on the fly.

I am seeing a potential wvw frontline use for it as well, but with PVT gear of course.

I think what I like best about it is that having all the utilities in your build isn’t strictly necessary to make it work, which allows a lot of tweaking for the various game modes.