rifle mod ?

rifle mod ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ledddawe.8964

Ledddawe.8964

does thsi trait add dmg when im useing granades ? u know my weapon is rifle and only useing my utility soo it should

rifle mod ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

I’m 99% sure that it’s only rifle. Because kits, like grenades, have their own 10% damage buff.

rifle mod ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Tested by myself – no it doesn’t. You can also check the damage at the tooltip with and without trait. The rifle skills change, yet any kit won’t.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

rifle mod ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Any trait that is “X weapon deals Y% more damage” only affects skills from that weapon. That applies whether it’s a 1H weapon or a bundle or a weapon equipped under a bundle. The trait language could be a bit more transparent, I guess, a lot of them make it sound like you only need to have the weapon equipped and everything will benefit.

rifle mod ?

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Well it may be confusing since equiping an ascended rifle / pistol WILL increase kit’s damage by 5%.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

rifle mod ?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Well it may be confusing since equiping an ascended rifle / pistol WILL increase kit’s damage by 5%.

thats a completely different modifier from +10% damage when using X

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

rifle mod ?

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Yea ofc and I know it. However it might be confusing for new players since they keep in mind “if i use my ascended rifle, my kits become stronger” or something like that. Same goes for sigils while using a certain weapon.

The point is, it increases rifle skills and not skills while using a rifle.

rifle mod ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

err… We’re talking about the trait mod.ammo. in firearms right? trait XI?
Because it was changed some time ago to give its dmg-buff to all weapons and kits being used. Dunno if that also goes for utilities, but at least all kits and weapons should be correctly buffed by it, not only the rifle (like in its old version).

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

rifle mod ?

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

It hasn’t been changed and it does NOT improve kits damage.

rifle mod ?

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

let me check the previous years patchnotes.
I’m 99% sure that I’ve read the actual note, saying it got changed

rifle mod ?

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-December-10-2013
There you go.
It says:
Firearms XI—Modified Ammunition: This trait now works regardless of the equipped weapon.

Unless that is one point on our long buglist, the trait SHOULD work properly with every equipped weapon.

rifle mod ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-December-10-2013
There you go.
It says:
Firearms XI—Modified Ammunition: This trait now works regardless of the equipped weapon.

Unless that is one point on our long buglist, the trait SHOULD work properly with every equipped weapon.

There’s also a trait actually named Rifle Mod. It’s Firearms IX, and boosts Rifle damage by 10%.

rifle mod ?

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

Oh… yea sorry, I play on the german UI^^
Ofc this one does not improve other kits’ dmg.