runes of balthazar any good for wvw?

in Engineer

Posted by: Fai.6093

Fai.6093

hi guys,

i kind of fell in love with those runes in pvp.
for wvw i am playing pretty standard 30/10/0/20/10 (nades/bombs).
atm i am using perplexity, but i wonder why no1 (or only few ppl) is using balthazar runes?!

i think of going perplexity for solo and balthazar for grp play.
your thoughts?

in Engineer

Posted by: Sergiowp.4736

Sergiowp.4736

I use Balthazar…. i have used perplexity before. Engis can apply Confs pretty well. when you’r cds are up then you have to wait to reapply. With a engie you can apply burning almost 100% of the time. so i would go with balthazar

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80! I am posting from my frand’s account!

They are not that good because you can achieve 100% duration for all your condis through food buffs, giver weapons, nightmare runes, etc. That includes burning. They are a good choice, however, if you decide for whatever reason not to use food buffs.

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Myrix.6347

Myrix.6347

Hello frands! Vee Wee here #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80! I am posting from my frand’s account!

They are not that good because you can achieve 100% duration for all your condis through food buffs, giver weapons, nightmare runes, etc. That includes burning. They are a good choice, however, if you decide for whatever reason not to use food buffs.

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Well you don’t have to assume he won’t use food! Maybe he likes saffron bread.

Anyway! Runes of grenth are also fun for a condition engi when coupled with hydromancy sigil. Runes of balth are getting some hate at the moment but i don’t know how you feel about that.

in Engineer

Posted by: Fai.6093

Fai.6093

I decided to give grenth a try.
Does the chill duration also work on the chill when I get struck / swap weapon or use a heal?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Does the chill duration also work on the chill when I get struck / swap weapon or use a heal?

yes, but remember it goes in full seconds (since chill stacks duration like burn and not in ammount like burning).
So in order to make that 2 second chill into a 3 second chill, you’ll need the runes of grenth and 2 giver’s weapons, or the ruunes of grenth and 4 points in Explosives traitline, or the runes and the chill duration sigil together with your sigil of Hydromancy… etc.

People hate chill, that’s why I love it

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

yes, but remember it goes in full seconds (since chill stacks duration like burn and not in ammount like burning).
So in order to make that 2 second chill into a 3 second chill, you’ll need the runes of grenth and 2 giver’s weapons, or the ruunes of grenth and 4 points in Explosives traitline, or the runes and the chill duration sigil together with your sigil of Hydromancy… etc.

People hate chill, that’s why I love it

But chill doesn’t tick ……

A 2.75 second chill will chill them for 2.75 seconds

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Wahoo what is your suggestion on runes and sigils ma frand?

in Engineer

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

For WvW I really like Scavenger Runes, the lifesteals help your sustain quite a bit and add damage. Undead are also an option, but I think the lifesteals are much better than the small toughness boost.

If you prefer might stacking Runes of the Noble (I think they got renamed, the ones that give might duration and might on heal +condi damage) are very good.

With the improved proc chance, Nightmare runes are also a possibility.

Perplexity works as well, but I think they’re cheese.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Wahoo what is your suggestion on runes and sigils ma frand?

Hello frands! Vee Wee here #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Personally I use Adventurer Runes for condi roaming! I also think Noble, Nightmare, Scavenging, Antitoxin, and Perplexity are solid choices! I really dislike Undead and the condition duration runes are pointless in WvWvW because you can already achieve 100% condition duration! For Sigils I use Battle/Energy! If you take Invigorating Speed, you can substitute Energy for Geomancy, Generosity, Purity, Tormenting, Bursting, Corruption, Ice, or Leeching! I would only use Ice if you have 100% condition duration!

Hope that helped! Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in Engineer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

For WvW I really like Scavenger Runes, the lifesteals help your sustain quite a bit and add damage. Undead are also an option, but I think the lifesteals are much better than the small toughness boost.

If you prefer might stacking Runes of the Noble (I think they got renamed, the ones that give might duration and might on heal +condi damage) are very good.

With the improved proc chance, Nightmare runes are also a possibility.

Perplexity works as well, but I think they’re cheese.

I never been a fan of scavenging 975 life steal after you heal and a chance to proc after your hit then attack is so low not saying it should be more of a life steal. It’s just that I think people go scavenging mostly because of the 7% conversion.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Engineer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’ve been running Antitoxin. Use those babies, some -C. Duration food, and Tuning Crystals. Tormenting/Energy on my Pistols, Fire/Ice on Rifle, need to get another decent Sigil on Shield (but I’ve honestly not used it much as of late.)

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I’ve been running Antitoxin. Use those babies, some -C. Duration food, and Tuning Crystals. Tormenting/Energy on my Pistols, Fire/Ice on Rifle, need to get another decent Sigil on Shield (but I’ve honestly not used it much as of late.)

When running P/S I often like to use torment/fire sigils. The both proc AoEs. Combined with fragmenting shots AoE, the auto attack AoE damage can really add up.