runes, sigils and food for PVE

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

30/30/0/10/0 (zerker armor and trinkets) seems the way to go but I am still undecided between runes and weapons.

With this last patch engis can accumulate quite a lot of damage modifiers, so what do you think is best:

a)more personal dps: force/night/unded & strength sigil, scholar runes bersker weapons and explosive powder, and dps food.

b)more group support: accuarcy &strenght sigils, 2 mad king, 2 strength, 2 fire runes, givers weapons and condiition duration food.

Just looking at efective power in gw2builder is a tradeoff of 2000 units.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Engineer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Scholar/ruby force/night/slaying slaying potion

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Engineer

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

With this last patch engis can accumulate quite a lot of damage modifiers, so what do you think is best:

a)more personal dps: force/night/unded & strength sigil, scholar runes bersker weapons and explosive powder, and dps food.

I would have to go with option “a” myself. Based upon my own experiences you will often run into the problem of overlapping combo fields as many dungeons go smoother with “group stacking” at specific locations. I have found the base damage increase to be more beneficial as you often have other party members stacking might concurrently with you. However, this is all a matter of flavor and you must ultimately decide what you enjoy doing more. Support is great when you have reliable groups who know how to combo correctly, while dps is the appreciated in any situation.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Scholar Runes or Ruby Orbs and for Sigils Battle, Force, Slaying, Night or Bloodlust. Pick one and two of them.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Ryn.6459

I just read in warriors forum that runes of strength have been fixed. Very good option then

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

fixed? was it bugged? o.o

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Engineer

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Ryn, just wanted to find out if you actually bought the Strength runes to find out if the 6th rune works & to see how its going?

edit – ya ment strength, not warrior lol

(edited by Hebee.8460)

in Engineer

Ryn.6459

If you meant runes of strenght, no I haven’t.

I just hit level 80 on my warrior and I’ve started gearing him up. I just realized that warrior do more dps and better support. I don’t think I will be playing my engi on the near future. Sorry.

in Engineer

Posted by: Leviathan.9850

Leviathan.9850

Wow, warrior do more dps and is better at support than engineer? Who’da thunk?

Hannelora – Engineer; Fan Lei Fa – Ranger
[Xian] Terracotta Army – Desolation server

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

If you meant runes of strenght, no I haven’t.

I just hit level 80 on my warrior and I’ve started gearing him up. I just realized that warrior do more dps and better support. I don’t think I will be playing my engi on the near future. Sorry.

let’s better not talk about passive damage…

in Engineer

Ryn.6459

I PMed you, as I don’t want this post degenerate to a engi Vs warrior.