[sPvP Build] Healing Bomb Bunker/Team Fighter

in Engineer

Posted by: dunneryb.4907

dunneryb.4907

Hey guys,

Been messing around in sPvP with a really fun build that I wanted to share with you guys. It’s a bunker-y build for Engineer that focuses on healing power, regen, and elixir-infused bombs.

http://intothemists.com/guides/3619-healing_bomb_bunkerteam_fighter

I was looking for something that wasn’t the 30/10/0/20/10 condi meta that everyone is running in sPvP. I think I found something with a really fun and reactive playstyle, and can be quite infuriating to enemies when you keep just getting healed back up, and saving allies from near death.

I’d love to discuss this, or any changes any of you would have! Always looking to improve the build.

Thanks!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

I use this spec (with a couple tweaks) all the time in spvp.
You kill very little but you can hold a point for a bloody long time.

The tweaks I consider are:

1. Med kit for HT. Remember, you gain regen on each activation of a heal on your runes (short cooldown). And the heal increases with healing power much more.
HT on a point is often killed quickly.

2. If using the HT, I will often take the new Experimental turrets for Automated Response and the thumper turret (protection) for tool kit. When you drop the supply crate you get might, vigor and swiftness. The thumper turret now gives about 40% uptime protection. It also can be used to quickly blast the water field of the HT.

Overall, I like the Med kit approach better because on a point, turrets often don’t stay up.

in Engineer

Posted by: dunneryb.4907

dunneryb.4907

1. Totally makes sense! I like being able to prep the 40+ seconds of regen nice and easy, however, and I’m not sure I’d be able to stack it as fast with Med Kit. Nice thing about Med Kit is it’s amazing tool belt heal. I mean, it’s almost up to bar with some classes 6 slot heal.

2. I didn’t even think of that!! That could add a ton of interesting possibilities, plus vigor is ALWAYS in demand, and with this build, more bombs and heals. The only thing about taking Thumper Turret, is that you lose Tool Kit, and the utility that Tool Kit can bring (pull, block, AoE cripple, hard hitting attack + confusion) – not sure if the protection is worth it, since we get protection on CC, with almost no cooldown.

I wonder what an Elite Supplies/Experimental Turrets combo would be like …. How fun!!

in Engineer

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

I have played this build for a while:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqelUUpPr1axdLseRiaBNqzE6MmjAIyPmlPFBA-TJRDABH/AAA4EAcVZAV2fAA

It is similar to yours but, w/ speedy kits minus AR and celestial ammy (post patch) or clerics (pre-patch)

I have also tried the following:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqelUUpPr1axdLseNSaBF6NujBIyQulPOhAA-TJRDABH/AAA4EAcVZAV2fAA

I like speedy kits. I will try your build tonight.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I prefer Melandru runes when I bunker— conditions can be a serious problem as an engi, even with HT, elixir gun and transmute. Also, settler’s amulet over cleric’s, but this may be because I usually end up bunkering home. 1v1s will go on forever with cleric’s, but with settler’s you can get a good confusion spike with prybar/concussion bomb/static shot, along with burning from fire bomb (tip: use throw wrench through fire bomb for more burning), and poison pressure from pistol. I also take Power Shoes over Reinforced Shield, but you don’t need to if you have someone to give you swiftness before the match starts, or if you’re taking med kit.

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Don’t take Med Kit over healing turret.

Swap out the runes for rune of water. You get an extra condi removal and extra healing when placing down a healing turret for everyone nearby.

Practice placing healing turret, overcharging, then picking it back up again. You get 6 seconds of regeneration, 2 condi clears, and about 6,6001400 healing every 14 seconds. About 5k of that healing goes to allies as well.

The overcharge of the healing turret also grants regeneration and acts as a water field. That can be used in conjunction with Shield #4 or Rifle #5 for another 1700~ healing for yourself.

Instead of keeping a long stack of regen, which can be removed by necros and such, you have constant application of regen so any boon removals you encounter won’t become a problem.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Healing turret is far superior to Med Kit, especially with all the conditions going out.

The build I have been running is similar but runs Melandru runes and Settler’s amulet. Also I drop AR from alchemy to pick up Speedy Kits and swap out the shield trait from inventions to pick up Elite Supplies. The goal overall is high uptime on vigor, fast movement from point to point, and of course domination of a point. It normally takes about 3 players to pressure me off a point, and even then it’s a long fight. In one fight, I sped over to the other team’s home point and bunkered it against 2-3 players. They did finally kill me, but by then the score was 354 to 50.

You can view my build here. Most of what I picked up about bunker engi came from Voz’s Immortal Bunker build on intothemists.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

This build looks like it would be good in PvE as well. What kind or armor do y’all think would compliment this build?

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

in Engineer

Posted by: jolllly.1320

jolllly.1320

This build looks like it would be good in PvE as well. What kind or armor do y’all think would compliment this build?

I’ve tried it before, but it is really hard to kill anything if you are just running around exploring. However, you can be decent healer-dungeon support if you swap tool kit for elixir gun. I was running with a mix of Temple karma armor to try to max healing, toughness and power, but I don’t claim to be an armor stat expert by many means.