should i keep playing engineer ??

in Engineer

Posted by: cryonic.4826

cryonic.4826

yeah i been reading some of the stuff on the forums and honestly i like the idea of this class but after reading a few of these topics is engineer broken ? is he unplayable how are we in pvp how are we in pve

in Engineer

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Engineers perform relatively well in PvP and PvE. We’re also pretty strong in WvWvW,

Most importantly, Engineer is fun to play. I honestly don’t care if a class is even in the current Meta or not, given that it only really applies to the top players anyways. If you have fun, then stick with it.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

in Engineer

Posted by: cryonic.4826

cryonic.4826

Engineers perform relatively well in PvP and PvE. We’re also pretty strong in WvWvW,

Most importantly, Engineer is fun to play. I honestly don’t care if a class is even in the current Meta or not, given that it only really applies to the top players anyways. If you have fun, then stick with it.

can you show me some build ideas or something im alittle lost on how to actually play this class

in Engineer

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

the list of builds you will lose to is longer than the ones you can beat.

also http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash is streaming right now, have a look

in Engineer

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This ^^. There are certainly “better” classes in PvP, but none are as fun as engi.

in Engineer

Posted by: sunnypsyop.3025

sunnypsyop.3025

The theory is great, but so many of our utilities and abilities are bugged it’s not even funny…

GF Left Me Cos Of Ladderboards [WTF]
:: |SPvP | Rev | Engi | ::

in Engineer

Posted by: Adjust.6903

Adjust.6903

I have to admit my only 80 is my engi and I benched it awhile ago to level a warrior and elementalist both of whom I greatly enjoy.

I am curious however how well engi does in general now as I’m itching to play it again. Solo queue, wvw and dungeons Are my thing, so how are we guys?

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

I have to admit my only 80 is my engi and I benched it awhile ago to level a warrior and elementalist both of whom I greatly enjoy.

I am curious however how well engi does in general now as I’m itching to play it again. Solo queue, wvw and dungeons Are my thing, so how are we guys?

PvP :
Annoyed.

I feel like rolling any other class (except Ranger) is just better.
And I have 10x more engi games than any other class.

WvW Roaming :
Limited but okay.

Feels like only Zerker/Knights spec works for decent duelling and roaming.

WvW Zerging :
Better than prepatch! Much better!
But I don’t enjoy zerging.

Dungeons :
Meh feel outclassed by the usual. Especially now that vuln is so common.

(edited by GrandHaven.1052)

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

yeah i been reading some of the stuff on the forums and honestly i like the idea of this class but after reading a few of these topics is engineer broken ? is he unplayable how are we in pvp how are we in pve

Dont listen to whiners.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Derenek.8931

Derenek.8931

Go to gwskills.net and look up my flame juggernaut build. He can do over 60k damage in one hit. I once hit a boss for 100k.

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Go to gwskills.net and look up my flame juggernaut build. He can do over 60k damage in one hit. I once hit a boss for 100k.

That is not one hit……………………………………………..

Flamethrower auto is a continues hit that adds your damage up from the first hit to the last. It only resets if you stop attacking with AA for a second or 2.

If you use it on indestructible golems you can rack it up to the millions, does not mean your damage is that high.

This post hurt my brain!

(edited by GrandHaven.1052)

in Engineer

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

PvP :
Annoyed.

I feel like rolling any other class (except Ranger) is just better.
And I have 10x more engi games than any other class.

WvW Roaming :
Limited but okay.

Feels like only Zerker/Knights spec works for decent duelling and roaming.

WvW Zerging :
Better than prepatch! Much better!
But I don’t enjoy zerging.

Dungeons :
Meh feel outclassed by the usual. Especially now that vuln is so common.

I roam in WvWvW on a Dire/Rabid engineer and duel pretty effectively (If I do say so myself). In PvE I switched to Firearms/Inventions/Alchemy, but for WvWvW roaming Dire/Rabid with Explosives, Firearms, and Tools is a powerful combination.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

in Engineer

Posted by: Adjust.6903

Adjust.6903

Got all day Friday to mess with builds I’ll finish up on Ele and warr and try some builds out on engi.

in Engineer

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

That is not one hit……………………………………………..

Flamethrower auto is a continues hit that adds your damage up from the first hit to the last. It only resets if you stop attacking with AA for a second or 2.
If you use it on indestructible golems you can rack it up to the millions, does not mean your damage is that high.

This post hurt my brain!

This post hurt my brain!

Not surprising at all.

in Engineer

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Engineer is still one of the most interesting, versatile classes in GW2. Trouble is, seemingly Anet had three guidelines when reworking the engineer traits;

• find synergizing ones and either kill the synergy or place them in the same line and tier, so they will exclude each other;
  • identify those must-have augmenting traits almost everyone uses with the respective kits or weapons, promise to include them as baseline and then omit it;
  • rid half the remaining traits with bugs.

And then return to their trademark passive-aggressive “what, I’m not talking to you” communication style for weeks while the engineer community begs for life signs.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Imho there is a good deal of whining going on (not just here).

In PvE we are in the same spot we have been in a long time. Not “meta” but not bad. We aren’t treated like necromancer or ranger. We are in the middle. So if you play engineer no one will bother you. If you have xyz account points even less likely.

WvW. Simply put we are likely better roamers now then we ever were before but that is only if you roam to flip camps. dual, and get away. When it comes to roaming I still do it in mostly celestial and I have no issues with zerkers or anything like that.

PvP. YMMV. If you get beat blame yourself first. Look at your skills vs the other guys. If you are losing a lot it could be you could be your class, build, the other guys class build etc. If you want to face roll to just face roll got to the pvp forums and see where the complaints are targeted and play that class. Even in that case YMMV! You might get beat all the same.

One last thing some personal observations about engineer. This to me seems to be a love or hate class. Right now I will get bored on most other classes. Engineer is the only one that actually interest me and it has been that way for a while. The game play is just so different. The other thing is our builds can vary widely. There is not best build in the world for this class. Half the “best” builds come from the best player, with the best timing, who have spent the better part of 3 years on one class. You most likely will not pull off half the things they do.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele