sniping

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: StarNightz.8496

StarNightz.8496

Shouldnt engineers have skill like snipe? Like you do more damage if a person holds that skill longer? Like in one of the human heart quest u get to train with soldiers and one of them is rifle training and u get to hold ur shot until release. Do you guys think this is good idea for enginners? Plz share your opinions with me

Kimditcher

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

No, warriors get kill shot. They are the sniper class if you are looking for one.

Engineer rifle damage skills are short ranged only by design, except for the autoattack. Though I find the autoattack does more damage than the other skills anyway by the time I take animation and skill activation time into account.

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

We have a Rifle in name and appearance only.
For all other purposes we have a Shotgun.

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: ClaviculaNox.8762

ClaviculaNox.8762

Yea, Engineer as CriSPeH said, sadly it’s a shotgun with no snipping
If u want to snipe, pick warrior

I’m not Obsessed , I’m POSSESSED!

sniping

in Engineer

StarNightz.8496

Awwww wtf….and worriers can use rifle?!

Kimditcher

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

You must be new here, and yes they do get a long range skill called killshot. That’s probably the closest this game will ever get to sniping, unless one day they decide to add a sniper kit.

sniping

in Engineer

StarNightz.8496

Oh…wow I lvled my engineer to lvl 36 hoping there will be a sniper kit better make worrier now

Kimditcher

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

In a far future, there could be some sort of sniper kit placed as an elite skill which would work like this lame mortar of ours. But besides, every class wants sniping skills so.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

I think this is what you’re looking for…

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Engi’s have a scope skill that gives more damage when you stand still. Similar principle since it simulates targeted shots but it is currently bugged so it doesn’t work.

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

I think this is what you’re looking for…

LOL fun vid! saddest part is that he’s not even using the strongest rifle build haha :|

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

Can u link said build?

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

our longest ranged attacks are THROWN hand grenades. and thats pre-trait that increase the range even farther.

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: Makarei.4316

Makarei.4316

sniping, man the engineer is starting to sound like an army dude, while were at it lets give engineer a tank. though if you want a serious response, id like the mortar cannon to have longer range.

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

@Alkaholic.3875

Go

Signet of might, rage, for great justice, on my mark. all berserker with runes of scholar and sigil of bloodlust

it’s really glassy for warriors standars, but then again i only use it to troll on PvP, highest crit so far 19.8k on a ranger. R.I.P
should go higher now with boon hate and if you find someone glassy enough

(edited by google.3709)

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: Crunkmagnet.3908

Crunkmagnet.3908

Shouldnt engineers have skill like snipe? Like you do more damage if a person holds that skill longer? Like in one of the human heart quest u get to train with soldiers and one of them is rifle training and u get to hold ur shot until release. Do you guys think this is good idea for enginners? Plz share your opinions with me

I can’t say I agree. Engineers are based around combat engineering. This seems like it would go against that idea to me.

sniping

in Engineer

StarNightz.8496

Yah I found out worriers can use rifles too and they have killshot ability so im good now lol very new to this game akd did not know w can use rifles too

Kimditcher

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: Vargaz.1957

Vargaz.1957

killshot should’ve been engies not warriors. wtf are warriors doing at 1500 range?!? prolly the metrosexual kind with UGG boots and a backpack that can only fit an iPhone….

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: Crunkmagnet.3908

Crunkmagnet.3908

killshot should’ve been engies not warriors. wtf are warriors doing at 1500 range?!? prolly the metrosexual kind with UGG boots and a backpack that can only fit an iPhone….

Killshot REALLY doesn’t fit the engi style… We’re combat engineers, not snipers.

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

I would rather Scope get switched to a more shotgun oriented trait.

Plant Feet
Xcrit% for targets 200m or closer with Rifle.
or
Both Barrels
X% chance to fire double shots with Rifle.

Embrace the Shotgun ppl it will make you feel better.

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: Skewjo.9243

Skewjo.9243

Plant Feet
or
Both Barrels

MMMM i like both of these 8D

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

We have a Rifle in name and appearance only.
For all other purposes we have a Shotgun.

Pretty much this. Engineers are defined by equipping only guns (and kits). Yet we aren’t the snipers…that’s warriors….who are defined by being able to equip nearly everything. So…there’s that.

I just rolled a warrior that I’m planning on leveling purely ranged sniper. We’ll see how that goes.

Having said that, I’d love for our rifle to have something a little more sniper-esque. We can trait it for long range, and yet it’s got pretty much only auto-attack to rely on for damage. #3 hits hard, but only from close range (shotgun??). #2 is control, #4 is escape, and #5 is mobility. So we have a weapon that can be traited to long range, yet can only deal damage from range with 1 skill. Never understood that. Rifled Barrels trait is more useful for pistols imo.

Plant Feet
or
Both Barrels

I’ll embrace the shotgun when they start putting traits like this in. As it is, it’s a boring weapon to dps with. It’s a control weapon. Til then, I’ll stick to my pistols.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

(edited by Seras.5702)

sniping

in Engineer

Posted by: Skewjo.9243

Skewjo.9243

So we have a weapon that can be traited to long range, yet can only deal damage from range with 1 skill. Never understood that. Rifled Barrels trait is more useful for pistols imo.

It increases jump shots range to 900 which allows you to scoot around the jp like a mad ninja. Also net shot longer range is nice.