so what does everyone think of scrapper?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

so far i find it underperforming in pvp
in pve its ok until you bump into monsters like the mushrooms that spam aoe at their feet and then keep spamming from range , and sadly this seems to be most of HoT .

shredder gyro seems next to useless and bomb gyro doesnt have crit damage scaling

its fun and all but doesnt have that WOW feeeling like the other specs the best i found in the spec was function gyro during pvp so all in all if i were to rate this spec i’d give it a low 4 out of 10 , it wasnt much of an upgrade asides from function gyro , it was just an addition of 4 skills and a hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: bluesnacks.2301

bluesnacks.2301

I like the hammer

Though for the life of me I can’t figure out WHY they even bothered to put gyros in if they know they’re too bad to use. Like seriously, great concept, but if they KNEW that they were this poor they might as well have just given us a hammer and told us to kitten off somewhere without utility skills; because it’s already like they don’t exist. Stealth is okay sometimes, and shredder also at rare times. Stealth toolkit is neat, but that’s the only gyro on my bar and it’s just for that. The others just aren’t worth the slot because they not only suck at their roles, they can’t even follow properly, which at this point means that they intentionally made them suck this way and don’t intend on changing the following.

anyways, it’s a fun class otherwise

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

I’ve only dabbled with it so far, but I’m not willing to give up the Burn damage from my Pistol, Rocket Boots and Bombs and the ability to stack Bleeds with the inexpensive Superior Rune of the Krait via Pistol and Elixer Gun. I also think Fumble is an underrated Condi.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is there any Condi damage with Scrapper? I’m really relying on the ability to AOE Condi’s in the new maps.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

Hammer is the best thing happend since gw2 start
Lav it

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Hammer good thats all.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: Angier.1047

Angier.1047

Actually, I quite like the gyros. While shredder and blast is severly undertuned, bulwark, medic and purger are quite nice and useful. Stealth is gimmicky at best, tho and I prefer the mortar still.

So I don’t think that the AI itself is what makes gyros a burden but their undertunedness moreso.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Hammer is obviously nice. Good defense for a melee weapon, and also packs quite a punch via cc-chains.
The traits are definitively nice.
Even after the nerf, adaptive armor performs quite awesome for buying me time against condi-builds (and 300 toughness is still noticable). Mass-momentum & recovery matrix both are awesome traits, and the other build-options the traits open are very interesting (gonna try out a superspeed, regenerating, knight build tonight).

The gyros…
Welp, me I’d say. Bulwark doesn’t care about our armor rating & eats full dmg, letting it die quite quickly, so I usually use it for its reflect & superspeed. And for that purpose its awesome.
Tried out shredder in the beginning, but after learning that its daze only pulses once, I abandoned it.
blast gyro is crap, and the stunbreaker on its TB doesn’t makes it better. I rather run slickshoes or elixir S.
Purge gyro? Gets killed by condis faster than me, and therefore often has only 1 tick when summoned… and the TB is pointless as well. Ironically its abysmal performance caused me to run elixir C in most of my scrapper-builds, a utility I rarely used before.
Medic? I actually like it, and if I’m not running elixir H for HgH builds, I see me often picking this heal, especially for the mobile, long-duration waterfield that aoe-buffs protection… Delicious.
Sneak? I came to love it actually. In PvP its the ultimate troll ability, both for active & defensive play (blinking in & out of stealth is so much fun ), and despite my worst fears, it doesn’t aggro npc’s in PvE, making it the ultimate skip-tool, if you can tell your party to follow the gyro rather than yourself.
So yea, so far I think the scrapper is okayish.
If we ever see a fix of hammer #3 & gyro movement, I guess it could become awesome.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: thatrobotguy.3690

thatrobotguy.3690

Hammer is great, gyros are all terrible (function gyro is good in PvP only, really needs a lot of work to be usable in open world PvE )

in Engineer

Posted by: Alone.1784

Alone.1784

Function gyro is a joke of an added utility.

Gyros are unusable.

Hammer is alright but I sure don’t want to be in melee in HOT.

Trait line is alright but they screwed up the other lines so bad I find it basically unusable.

Overall I’d say it’s just above Beserker for least usable elite spec.

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

love everything apart from the utility and heal gyros. those are absolute trash.
hammer is a dream, traits are great, the fun gyro is really clutch, and sneak gyro is useful for wvw.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

can’t decide whether to stop maining engi or simply play without scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

I’ll copy what I said in the other topic:

SO…. after nearly a week.
Hammer is fine, little tweaks to do between animation and skill effect on rocket charge (evades finishing sooner than the animation [last attack])
TRAITS
Minor adept: Function gyro useless in pve, slow and useless in pvp as we can’t chose between using it or using the self stomp. Poor core elite spec function as said again and again and again in MANY threads.
Major adept: No choice to do, without hesitation we chose Recovery matrix.
Shocking speed is too much situational and bring ONLY 3 sec of superspeed for allies -> USELESS.
Stabilization core is also too much situational with a PvP perspective in which Recovery matrix will be far more useful.
Minor Master: Decisive Renown, again too much situational, and again only designed for rallying/stomping in a PvP perspective, again only 3 sec of superspeed -> not really useful.
Major Master: Expert examination will only be played if gyros are, and it will never be a real choice against the two other possibilities, Mass Momentum and Rapid regeneration are great

Minor GrandMaster: I want to say LOOOL, why? Basically without the scrapper spec the engi is limited in terms of stun/daze: 2 at best. So the scrapper brings one stun and dazes if there is the hammer combo 5-3 OR if there is use of gyros. As a consequence, this elite spec MINOR TRAIT “improves” the dazes provided by the elite spec. It is a funny circle, why not just increasing the basis dazes provided by gyros and the hammer combo? And not talking about the 25% reduction on daze or stun. This minor grandmaster is a placeholder, and it’s as a shame as the function gyro, minor adept and decisive renown minor master.
Major grandmaster
adaptative armor: great trait nerfed to 60 robu..lol for around 4 strucks we get 240 < 400 previously…
Final salvo: lightning field + 3 sec superspeed, why?? It seems that the WHOLE spec has been designed around Hammer 3.
Perfectly weighted: why stab on evading attack, why not dodge like the revenant?

GYROS
Since they can live in pve it is “nice”.
In PvP: medic gyro can be iteresting against healing turret but still testing.
I don’t see the point of the shreeder gyro, seriously a field is never lasting long enough to get it useful and too much rng in the strikes.
Blast gyro is useless since it can’t be affected by the ferocity etc.. of the engi.
Sneak gyro could be useful in stronghold.
Gyros are poorly designed they do not give enough improvement, or use against the elixirs or kits. And even the toolbet skills are useless against the toolbet skills of gadgets (slick shoes vs blast gyro)

========

Overall I am disappointed, I feel that this spec has not been designed with passion or love but much more around limited skills and ideas which do not reflect the enormous potential of the engineer. The whole spec is constructed on the hammer, half of the traits are too much situational and focused on rallying/stomping, gyros are very much limited considering the ratio: skill effect against cooldown + AI + hp +timer system (fuel lol). The core mechanic of the elite spec is just nonexistent by a poor and so much limited design and even not fully thought when chosing between using it or doing a self stomp.
Such a shame for the engineer class, It deserves much more passion and interest in gameplay design.

The only thing I can say is that the name is really well chosen: this spec has been made with scrap. Hopefully the team behind the scrapper will give it some reworks and more love.

(edited by Nieguen.6235)

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Methinks you’ve not seen Druid. :P

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: Djealo.7369

Djealo.7369

Altough I think gyros need some serious work, I like scrapper a lot. The first 2 days I was like mweh, but after a week I’m enjoying it. I play a bruiser build with hammer (awesome!) and flamethrower. The medic and bulwark are quite nice gyros as well and situationally the sneak gyro can be very useful. Traits are near-good, just needs a little tweaking. All and all a good elite if they make something special of the function gyro and other gyros.

in Engineer

Haralin.1473

… Hopefully the team behind the scrapper will give it some reworks and more love.

I hope another team with more passion will work on the engie not the same team which does it now, maybe devs who play engi as main and in all 3 game modes not just sPvP.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: Alone.1784

Alone.1784

I’ve actually been enjoying druid. The pet damage changes have been amazing and thier trait lines are so much better then ours. One dedicated to long bow, one to healing, and one to pet damage. I’ve found staff a great weapon to pair with long bow as I used to use greatsword just for mobility. This is all open world pve opinion.

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

I like the hammer.

That’s about it.

in Engineer

Killyox.3950

I’ve actually been enjoying druid. The pet damage changes have been amazing and thier trait lines are so much better then ours. One dedicated to long bow, one to healing, and one to pet damage. I’ve found staff a great weapon to pair with long bow as I used to use greatsword just for mobility. This is all open world pve opinion.

Seen a druid who killed with pet and focused on healing it while doing some dmg as well.

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

The hammer is nice. Not amazing, but still nice. It can’t work standalone though, forcing us to take kits yet again though (despite being supposed to use gyros), if only for range purposes.
The elite spec function is nonexistant for the most part, and clunky to use in the few cases where it could have been useful. A few gyro can be useful as long as you stand still (cause they can’t even follow properly). Some are just terrible. Blast Gyro is the worst skill this game has ever seen, and half the time it doesn’t even work. I’ve seen it crash into a wall while i was aiming it at a champion that i had a few feets from me. Shredder…i’ve tried to use it, but no, it is just bad. Even the toolbelt is more useful than the gyro itself.
And while some traits are nice, they’re already getting nerfed to mediocrity.
So, essentially, nothing different from before.

in Engineer

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I just know there’s no point equipping Hammer when I mostly use kits, and the Scrapper traits don’t help me at all with kit usage.

Drones need to be permanently out, like Minions.

Shame, cos I actually managed to drop an Ascended hammer last week, the only Ascended weapon I own.

in Engineer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I love scrapper.

Hammer is great.

Traits are well done. I just wish there weren’t like… 3 traits based on ressing people.

Gyros… Some are more or less useful in a way but they still need work.

-Sneak: Pretty good now. Could still use some better tracking so it follows a bit closer.

-Bulwark: Same as Sneak Gyro. Good but needs better tracking still. This one is one of the best out of them all at the moment.

-Medic: needs to follow better and have a bigger aoe range. Other than that this one is pretty good.

-Purge: haven’t tested this one too much really. Haven’t done anything that requires a lot of cleansing so far. The cleansing itself is alright but condi cleansing in general is something people want on demand. Not somethign they want to have on contantly to have it cleanse at certain intervals.
Also no indication of how big the purge range is.

-Shredder: pretty useless because how kittenty Whirl Finishers are. Would be really good if it followed the scrapper, making the scrapper a walking whirl finisher.
Also Whirl Finishers should become more accurate and some need a more useful effect.

-Blast: SLOW. The dart part just makes it really slow. I’d love it if the dart would just get removed and that we could just use the gyro whenever, even when CCed, just like all of the other Gyros.
That way we could use it tas some kind of counter pressure. Enginer already has a lack of stunbreaks. This wouldn’t be a real stunbreak but it could force the enemy away for a second to give us some breathing room.

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

welp i dint leave a longer opinion on this so i ll go over my opinion on gyros

Sneak: gyro actually benefits from having erratic movement , think about it if it 100% perfectly followed yoou your enemies would simply have to melee or aoe at the gyro to kill you by having it stay still while you’re in range of its aoe stealth you can kinra run in and out of the circle and get stealth safely i used this alot in stronghold successfully

bullwark could use better tracking as this is the one gyro you want hugging you at all times, the toolbelt skill is great specially combined with medic’s i used it mostly for rezzing allies

medic i find it to be fine and good toolbelt , i also noticed it seems to fly over to injured allies to heal them when i had full or near full health ??? if thats so that is great

shredder : this one i find useless whirl finishers are pretty weak , they are random and gyro only does 2 per second so unless your enemy sits ontop of the gyro it is not going to do much

bomb gyro , it had One job explode itself on enemy but it doesnt scale with ferocity , and seems pretty erractic it seems to fail its attacks 50% of the time in actual combat and gets dodged or blocked another good 20% if it does spawn properly

most of the scrapper traits are a joke

theres no incentive to chose an adept trait over Recovery matrix

Decisive renown , like seriously you expect us to get our own allies killed on purpose or something?

the Major traits i have no complain towards because they open up a whole can of choices such as flamethrower+ mass momentum or having the trait that gives swiftness on crit+ rapid regen, or rapid regen+Final salvo etc

Impact savant asides from the minus durations this is a joke ,seriously how many stuns does an engineer have overall ? hammer has 1 second stun thats a 1/4th second gain ,net turret overcharge has a 2s stun that one gains half a second at least and supply crate has another 2s , so basically in other to benefit Fully from this minor grandmaster we have to run supply crate and possibly put net turret in a utility slot

Perfectly weighted is just way too situational

in Engineer

Posted by: Karma.3064

Karma.3064

I tried scrapper about three times before i finally made the push to finish the elite spec. The first few times i just couldn’t get into it. Figuring out the utility skills were a real pain in the tail ((because you know, its a char scrapper XD)). Finally finished the spec itself last night and i was mostly disappointed as i just couldn’t figure out the sustain on it. I spent about 3 or 4 hours yesterday, sitting in front of a champion hero point with a buddy as we tweaked builds and tried new things until i finally came across a set up i enjoyed and was able to solo Champion mobs fairly easily.

Since then i’ve done some fractals, map bosses, and more HoT content and i actually am enjoying Scrapper. Granted, the only Gyro i’m running is Bulwork and my heal/2 other utilities are Elixers, its still a fun brutish class to play. My elite skill i’m not too sold on. Mostly using Supply create for the medkits and possible healing turret drop if i don’t need a range option.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I honestly think Scrapper is a lot of fun. Most gyros still need a lot of work, but I’ve been having fun with Shredder gyro in open world PvE and the stealth gyro is really handy as well.

Function Gyro also still needs a bit of work, but it has saved the day in a good number of situations, which is pretty awesome.

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

I honestly think Scrapper is a lot of fun. Most gyros still need a lot of work, but I’ve been having fun with Shredder gyro in open world PvE and the stealth gyro is really handy as well.

Function Gyro also still needs a bit of work, but it has saved the day in a good number of situations, which is pretty awesome.

Fun i admit that it is but it is seriously lacking in pvp performance when you compare it to reaper or dragonhunter wich seem to require no skill at all Compared To scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I like the hammer, though it took some getting used too.

Then I met bulwark gyro and fell in love. I can cast it in a pinch and take 1/2 damage for a period of time, and have a 20% uptime on a reflection dome around me. This has become on of my favorite skills in WvW. I find it great for protecting siege when attacking, as well as my allies.

Between this and hammers 6s cool down reflect I not only fail to take a fair amount of damage, but I send it back to my enemy.

Function gyro is of such limited use in PvE that it could not exist. In WvW it is so poor to us its functionality that I am a little curious what they were thinking. I say this because it is so terribly difficult at times to target a downed player to revive or to spike or to target an enemy to spike. They really need to add a targeting function that can be set to the desired keys, that tabs through downed players if they are going to make a elite specialization that is based around focus spiking and reviving.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

gyros do not have armor whatsoever ae vulnerable to crits and condies
thus useless in wvw wich was the one thing the spec was gonan be for TEAMPLAY but nope paper gyros

in Engineer

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

I haven’t had a whole lot of time with the Scrapper, but from what I’ve used in BWE3, I like it, for the most part.

Medic Gyro: Needs more heal and a Condi removal. Possibly a pulsing water field like the healing turret, too. The tool belt skill is really good, but still outclassed by the healing turret

Purge gyro: No… just no. The Condi removal is too infrequent, and poison fields are rather weak. Yeah pair it with rocket charge for some weakness, but you can slot in another gyro, like shredder gyro, and take expert examination for the weakness, and 5 stacks of vulnerability.

Blast gyro: I like it. A very hard-hitting un-blockable launch. Yeah people complain about what if you’re blinded, but that’s kind of the point of the condition, isn’kitten Even if the dart does miss, you still got a daze from the self-destruct.

Shredder gyro: Another gyro I like. Lots of whir finishers. Being the only ground targeted gyro, you could pair it with its self destruct function to essentially be a daze grenade. Plus, spare capacitor is an excellent skill

Bulwark Gyro: Once I get it unlocked, I think it will make a great addition to my build. You get a 50% damage reduction for 15 seconds. If you apply protection to yourself and the gyro, you can become quite durable. It’s tool belt skill is really good, too. With kinetic battery, you can get a good amount of reflects

Sneak Gyro: This one I can see getting a lot of play, if only for its tool belt skill. A 6 second reveal every 20s (17 if you go into tools) is the nightmare for every thief. Perms-stealth is a good thing as well, especially in dungeons.

Now the hammer: I like it. Free might stacking and vulnerability on your enemy is amazing. Also, I like having another reflect and whirl finisher on a short cool down. Rocket charge is a spectacular skill, and with thunderclap and expert examination could be used to stack a lot of vulnerability and weakness, which would devastate a lot of direct damage classes.

Traits: Overall, really good. A few standouts (in either direction): stabilization core i find rather useless. Shocking speed would be good without an ICD, since super speed doesn’t stack anyways. Because of mass momentum, we will see so many more players camping on FT1. I would also like to see rapid regeneration start off lower, and scale with healing power; also, making it only work while moving would balance it out nice. Expert examination is an excellent trait, and I will most certainly run this trait. As for the grandmasters, It’s kind of a tossup now that AA has been nerfed

in Engineer

Karma.3064

Bulwark Gyro: Once I get it unlocked, I think it will make a great addition to my build. You get a 50% damage reduction for 15 seconds. If you apply protection to yourself and the gyro, you can become quite durable. It’s tool belt skill is really good, too. With kinetic battery, you can get a good amount of reflects

The damage reduction is actually only 4 seconds long every 3 seconds. So you don’t actually have a complete 15 seconds of damage reduction. More like 3 separate occasions of 4 seconds of damage reduction.

If i’m understanding it correctly, you should get blast of 4 seconds of damage reduction when you pop it. A second blast 7 seconds into the duration, and a third blast at 14 seconds in.

So basically 1 to 4 seconds damage reduced, 4 to 7 seconds nothing, 7 to 11 seconds damage reduced, 11 to 14 nothing, 14 to 18 seconds damage reduced.

I THINK this is the way it should work but i’m not completely sure i did the intervals right.

in Engineer

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

The damage reduction is actually only 4 seconds long every 3 seconds. So you don’t actually have a complete 15 seconds of damage reduction. More like 3 separate occasions of 4 seconds of damage reduction.

If i’m understanding it correctly, you should get blast of 4 seconds of damage reduction when you pop it. A second blast 7 seconds into the duration, and a third blast at 14 seconds in.

So basically 1 to 4 seconds damage reduced, 4 to 7 seconds nothing, 7 to 11 seconds damage reduced, 11 to 14 nothing, 14 to 18 seconds damage reduced.

I THINK this is the way it should work but i’m not completely sure i did the intervals right.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bulwark_Gyro

The way I’m reading it from the wiki, you get watchful eye for 4 seconds every 3 seconds. Unfortunately, watchful eye doesn’t stack. Also, the gyro doesn’t go on CD until it’s destroyed.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Fun i admit that it is but it is seriously lacking in pvp performance when you compare it to reaper or dragonhunter wich seem to require no skill at all Compared To scrapper

It’s actually really beastly with the right build. That’s pretty much why it got nerfed already.

in Engineer

Karma.3064

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bulwark_Gyro

The way I’m reading it from the wiki, you get watchful eye for 4 seconds every 3 seconds. Unfortunately, watchful eye doesn’t stack. Also, the gyro doesn’t go on CD until it’s destroyed.

Right, but the question is, when does the 3 second interval start? Because of the way the skill reads, i think the 3 second interval starts each time after the 4 seconds of damage reduction. If its not this way, why even put the interval in? They could just say Watchful Eye lasts 15 seconds or until the gyro is destroyed.

in Engineer

Killyox.3950

3s intervals are… 3s intervals.

BOOM 1,2,3,BOOM,1,2,3,BOOM

You get buff for 4s but it doesnt stack so you always have only 1sec advantage over interval so with 15s duration the most you can get is 19s watchful eye IF 15th secon applies watchful eye.

in Engineer

Karma.3064

3s intervals are… 3s intervals.

BOOM 1,2,3,BOOM,1,2,3,BOOM

You get buff for 4s but it doesnt stack so you always have only 1sec advantage over interval so with 15s duration the most you can get is 19s watchful eye IF 15th secon applies watchful eye.

Thats such a strange wording to it then. I guess i could see it if the 15th second one actually gives you another 4 seconds. I guess it would make sense for that but if it doesn’t……..seems like such a pointless way to word it. lol Guess the real question is…..does the Bulwork Gyro have to be out to keep the damage reduction up?

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

My post release scrapper feedback:

Hammer

• #1 Attack Chain, feels like the last attack should be a tiny leap, like how #3 is when used in melee. Would work great with the first adept trait and add more value to using the attack chain.
  • #3 Rocket Charge, much better than in the betas, but can still doom you if the enemy charge up a heavy attack while you are stuck in this skill. I’d like to see it split into a 3 step attack chain so we can stop it when we want or change target easier.
  • #2, #4 and #5 are all in a good spot.

Gyros

• Detonating gyros needs to go away. Sacrifice is in flavor for Necromancer and is the mechanic of Mesmer. Engineers should be about creating life, not blowing it up.
  • In place of detonating, add a ground targeted command skill that sends the gyro to a specific location and changed to a Return command that returns the gyro to orbit around you.
  • Gyros gets to easily stuck in terrain and sometimes decides to run away because they can’t find a proper path to the player. For example, jumping ontop of a bed inside a house can make gyros run upstrairs to the floor above.
  • Why is the fuel “mechanic” here in the first place? Are there any cases where long lived gyros are to powerfull? They die right away in PvP/WvW anyway, so the fuel is only there for PvE.
  • Shredder Gyro feels like a turret, it acts in no way like a gyro.
  • Blast Gyro does what so many existing engineer skills already does more effectivly and suffers from to many downsides of beeing a gyro. I would remake this skill completly into a suportive dmg buffer that buffs you or allies like how the purge gyro removes conditions.
  • Purge Gyro is fine in very specific cases, but lacks utility. Could be worth using if the toolbelt skill did something.
  • Medic Gyro would be good if the Purge Gyro was worth taking on it’s own. As it stands, we need the condi removal from Healing Turret.
  • Bulwark Gyro is pretty great.
  • Stealth Gyro suffers a lot from the general gyro problems listed above, but works well in niech situations.

Toolbelt skills

• I feel like all the Gyro toolbelt skills (except Detection Pulse) should act like Reconstruction Field or Defense Field (medic and bulwark toolbelts). In other words, a field that follows the scrapper and is activated instantly.
  • Chemical Field lacks utility to make Purge Gyro worth the slot, I’d rather just take Elixir Gun for the stunbreaker, escape, range option and condition removal.
  • Bypass coating is undertuned in so many aspects, the cooldown is long, the radius is short, the super speed durration is short. It also have a cast time so it only works as a stunbreaker if you are hit CC that don’t move you.
  • Detection Pulse does nothing in PvE, even when it’s supose to. This skill needs to reveal stealthed NPCs.

Traits

• The traits are all to focused on Lightning fields and super speed, this makes most of them useles on their own.
  • Function Gyro is lacking in functionality. There are tons of good ideas (and bad) for how to improve on it so I won’t go into that here. The visual indication needs to be larger (especially on Asura).
  • Shocking Speed don’t need the cooldown and is to focused on the hammer (we have a hammer trait in the grandmaster slot, no need for more).
  • Recovery matrix should trigger on Cleansing Burst instead of placing Healing Turret, it should also not trigger on A.E.D before the heal happens.
  • Decisive Renown is terrible and the cooldown does not help it. It feels like an empty trait slot
  • Mass Momentum power converter is decent, but the might on stability feels like it is balanced around Juggernaut. Having a Elite-spec trait balanced around another trait in another traitline that only works with ONE utility skill is a waste and bad design. This trait is unfit for any other build.
  • Impact Savant and Expert Examination does very little when we don’t have much stuns or dazes. Both feels like another Hammer trait.
  • Final Salvo and Perfectly Weighted should not be in the same tier. Final Salvo does very little if you are not running hammer for leaps, Shocking Speed for super speed on leap and Rapid Regeneration for health from super speed. I would remake this trait completly into something more simple like improved gyro stats (cooldown reduction, life time extention, passive boons for the gyros, etc).
  • Perfectly Weighteds dmg incresse is boring. The evade for stability is nice, but the stability should not last shorter than the traits cooldown.

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

It’s to bad that Gyros aren’t just Kits which can be equipped without going into the Scrapper Trait line. Sort of traveling turrets.

And I wish that the Hammer would work with the Backpack Generator Trait.

(edited by Soon.5240)

in Engineer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

Gyros

• Detonating gyros needs to go away. Sacrifice is in flavor for Necromancer and is the mechanic of Mesmer. Engineers should be about creating life, not blowing it up.
  • In place of detonating, add a ground targeted command skill that sends the gyro to a specific location and changed to a Return command that returns the gyro to orbit around you.

If you do this you lose the potential daze given by destroying gyros (their only useful utility….) plus you give more ground targeted skills. I think we have more than enough useless ground targeted skills (cf MedKit).
Gyro detonation should use the traits in explosives line and do better damage when detonating.

I am playing engineer for explosions, weapons and alchemy, not for “creating” life, if I want this, I go to play Druid.

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I like the hammer, though it took some getting used too.

Then I met bulwark gyro and fell in love. I can cast it in a pinch and take 1/2 damage for a period of time, and have a 20% uptime on a reflection dome around me. This has become on of my favorite skills in WvW. I find it great for protecting siege when attacking, as well as my allies.

Between this and hammers 6s cool down reflect I not only fail to take a fair amount of damage, but I send it back to my enemy.

Function gyro is of such limited use in PvE that it could not exist. In WvW it is so poor to us its functionality that I am a little curious what they were thinking. I say this because it is so terribly difficult at times to target a downed player to revive or to spike or to target an enemy to spike. They really need to add a targeting function that can be set to the desired keys, that tabs through downed players if they are going to make a elite specialization that is based around focus spiking and reviving.

Hmm, somehow I had similar observations when trying it out in PvP. I can definitely see how potent the reflect dome is, even more so in WvW. Although, I’m wondering what utility skills are you also running, as the gyro will have taken a utility slot and slots are rather scarce for engineers atm.

Function gyro is definitely in a weird place, and can be a pitfall of overly specific design. I think it’s easy to conclude it seemed mostly to have pvp in mind as there is as you noted, almost nonexistent in pve. I’d imagine the ranged stomp/res would have application in WvW but the nature of that mode makes it rather hard to accomplish in practice beyond small pvp’ish skirmishes.

I would be on board for a special kind of targeting for the function gyro, however I don’t know if they think it’ll make pulling it off too easy and how it’d impact pvp or whatnot. This really gets down to an issue of intent and also pve remains to be a problem.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Engineer

Posted by: Stasticeel.2745

Stasticeel.2745

I like it. Melee means death a lot of times in the new content. But in PvP I like it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Druid is far better than berserker. The DPS buffs it gives the party alone are worth it. WIth a proper rotation, a condi druid can maintain decent damage and buff for stupid amounts of damage in fractals

in Engineer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

honestly in pve I cant stop dying. Its the only elite spec I have considered not playing my berserker set (tried sinister, huge mistake for obvious reasons).

I actually like everything about scrapper but for some reason I get PUMMELED

in Engineer

Killyox.3950

I play scrapper with Soldier gear :P Zerker would be suicide on Scrapper. Unlike Rev he has bigger survi problems due to lower amount of evades.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

I play scrapper with Soldier gear :P Zerker would be suicide on Scrapper. Unlike Rev he has bigger survi problems due to lower amount of evades.

I play my Scrapper in full Zerk and I don’t die that much in PvE.

Far Shiverpeaks

in Engineer

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

I’m actually enjoying druid more, that’s how bad it is.

Seriously tho. As people have been pretty much unanimously agreed on since the only BWE we had;
Hammer good but in need of adjustment.
Gyros terribad as predicted.
Gyro toolbelts, better than the gyros but still not great.
Minor traits worthless outside of PvP or too situational to care about.
Other traits are a mixed bag. If they were a halloween bag, they’d be a mix of chocolates, sweets, mini-toothbrushes and razorblades. Which is pretty much a metaphor for scrapper generally.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

I use the scrapper trait line for the traits for PVE. I use Mass Momentum with Juggernaut for a flamethrower build. Adaptive Armor is nice because I use berserker stats.

I don’t use a hammer, rifle is better for PVE.

I also use the stealth gyro because it’s really good.

That’s it. Gyros are disappointing, I expected a cooler and better integrated mechanic. Summoning a friendly minion with horrible pathing is not cool. I wanted gyros to be “closer” to the character and be more permanent (not skills that last 15 seconds).

Function gyro is pretty useful in PVE in my experience. But I have no idea what other classes got, very possible that their new mechanics are more interesting than the function gyro.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aravind.9610

Aravind.9610

Possibly the most pathetic elite spec of em all. Doesn’t even feel elite anything. Worst function mechanic in PvE, and PvE is what they should be basing their balances around instead of trying to validate their fail e-sport PvP. Hell Anet, if you couldn’t think of a profession mechanic how about just giving us an extra utility slot??? Even without a corresponding toolbelt skill it would have been a better mechanic than the crap gyro. And pretty much all the minor traits of the spec are useless. Since we can stack might to 25 without reviving people the master minor trait is done for. And like 1 stun and a few 1s dazes from gyros doesnt justify the grandmaster minor trait in the least. SO pretty much missing half our trait line here. And let’s not forget the Rune Of The Scrapper damage reduction bonus which should have been available to the scrapper trait line from the get go. Instead we get crap minor traits that are near useless in all modes except maybe PvP.

(edited by Aravind.9610)

in Engineer

Posted by: Darkheron.6271

Darkheron.6271

I tried scrapper about three times before i finally made the push to finish the elite spec. The first few times i just couldn’t get into it. Figuring out the utility skills were a real pain in the tail ((because you know, its a char scrapper XD)). Finally finished the spec itself last night and i was mostly disappointed as i just couldn’t figure out the sustain on it. I spent about 3 or 4 hours yesterday, sitting in front of a champion hero point with a buddy as we tweaked builds and tried new things until i finally came across a set up i enjoyed and was able to solo Champion mobs fairly easily.

Since then i’ve done some fractals, map bosses, and more HoT content and i actually am enjoying Scrapper. Granted, the only Gyro i’m running is Bulwork and my heal/2 other utilities are Elixers, its still a fun brutish class to play. My elite skill i’m not too sold on. Mostly using Supply create for the medkits and possible healing turret drop if i don’t need a range option.

I would love to hear your build and gear.

My perspective is from PvE and WvW, but personally, I find the hammer in particular unviable, in that including it basically ruins everything. Much of this is because it has no synergy with any long range weaponry, and in the harder HoT content there are many, many times when it is very advantageous if not required, yes required not suggested to have a a 1200+ range weapon. What am I supposed to do about this? I could load a Mortar but that is more of a condition weapon and doesn’t work well with any of the Hammer builds I’ve tried.

I supposed I could just run out of combat, respec, and load in a rifle every 10 mins or so, then reload the hammer and respec back to hammer but no… no I’m not doing that. What I would really like is the ability to weapon swap to the rifle. Probably never gonna happen, but that would fix a lot of things imo.

I’m seriously asking. I love my engineer and was super excited about using the Scrapper/Hammer combination but I am really struggling. What rankles even more is that my Revenant’s hammer, a non-elite spec weapon, absolutely dominates the scrapper hammer in nearly every way.

Help.

in Engineer

Posted by: Inflames.8026

Inflames.8026

Isnt there sweet irony that most people rate scrapper on a good secound when it comes to strongest pvp profession right now, yet you guys think you are “Above warrior atleast”.
That is some laughable kitten right there.
What makes other professions out there better then you?

in Engineer

Posted by: Faab.8049

Faab.8049

I’m not sure what to think of it. I like the Hammer part, but the rest just feels ‘meh’. Its interesting to bringing my charr into CC and smash!, but perhaps my skill is lacking because It doesn’t seem to have high surviablity, or damage, as a Hammer scrapper.
Flamnethrower condition Engi was more impressive, and quite fun to play as well.

Maybe I’ll just have to unlock the rest of the traits before I make a better comparison.

in Engineer

Haralin.1473

Isnt there sweet irony that most people rate scrapper on a good secound when it comes to strongest pvp profession right now, yet you guys think you are “Above warrior atleast”.
That is some laughable kitten right there.
What makes other professions out there better then you?

Maybe because PvP is one gamemode out of three?

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]