something that always confused me about Engineer..

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i always found it weird that the class that ‘developed’ the rifle has no volleys for it. i’d happily give up poison dart volley in exchange for a rifle equivalent. it could even be a close range volley like blunderbuss(or at least maybe having the bola shot do some kind of damage)

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Engineer

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I think the point is that they use things in weird tool/utility sort of ways. I mean even the pistol, while more of them are straight forward shots, fires weird things like electricity, fire itself, glue, and poison darts. Volleys are a pretty simple approach – ‘shoot it lots of times’ – which fits pretty well on the warrior, whose idea of a rifle ‘utility’ skill is ‘hit them with the blunt end’.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ashes.6418

Ashes.6418

Volley’s are a pretty boring skill mechanic any way. It’s just the main attack animation, but repeated a little faster for the same or similar amount of damage each shot, and some kind of condition applied.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

Are we basing this on in game lore? I was unaware that some lore exist stating that a class invented fire arms in game. I am not up on all the GW lore. Games always have their own history and concepts, so if your basing your comments on realities history, your looking at it wrong.

The skills are fine, and there is no need to hose the rest of use by moving abilities around at the expectations of one person.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

(edited by coglin.1496)