the future apparently?

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

incase you havnt heard apparently 2 hand weapons will be getting 2 sigil slots and 2 weapon swap sigils will proc together, now weather that happens or not I guess we will see but if it did happen this does mean quite a great deal to rifle users and the potential for quite a lot of builds, I think it also helps open up the way for more unorthodox builds one of which I’m currently thinking about that will use the celestial amulet in spvp, anyway imo it’s kinda a big deal so pretend it is going to happen and lets have a discussion about the pros and cons for potential new builds that could hit the scene.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

“On Crit” sigils are also likely to change. They talked about how a percent chance to trigger on crits is not something they like. These will likely be changed to 100% on crit. They didn’t go too deep about what this means for the cooldowns or potency of these sigils though.

One thing that could be interesting is Sigil of Purity + Generosity, and traiting into Transmute. Could be a rune that removes boons too. That’s a lot of passive condition removal, could be cool.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

This is gonna be rediculously OP, mark my words. Geomancy AND battle on a HGH build?

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

the future apparently?

in Engineer

ukuni.8745

This is gonna be rediculously OP, mark my words. Geomancy AND battle on a HGH build?

that’s why I’m thinking of celestial, atm lack of condition damage from rifle means power is best and lack of damage on pistols means conditions are best but if you can stack 25 might and do the blunderbuss shrapnel grenade combo that is a good 11 bleeds every 10 seconds which i think is heavily going to out do going just power or just conditions simply because you’ll be sitting around 2400+ power and around 1200+ condition damage which is a lot more damage then then most current builds, hgh offers great defensive options as it is.

Check me out on YouTube

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

^well that is certainly unorthodox lol I hope it works out well for you.

The 2 sigil this is going to be great, they also said that sigil would not share cool downs with anything but themselfs, I.e. Sigil of air and sigil of fire could proc at the same time. I don’t know what the best combo would be heat but overall it’s a win for my SD build.

I’m also afraid of the new ferocity stat.

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Remember they are nerfing damage by 10% across the board too so the impact isn’t quite as great.

As for me, I am thinking that condition damage 6% and bleed on swap might be the best combo for a condi engie.

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

They’ve also stated they’ll be re-balancing a lot of sigils. Some of the well-known best sigils, like battle, energy, and geomancy, will likely get nerfed.

the future apparently?

in Engineer

ukuni.8745

^well that is certainly unorthodox lol I hope it works out well for you.

The 2 sigil this is going to be great, they also said that sigil would not share cool downs with anything but themselfs, I.e. Sigil of air and sigil of fire could proc at the same time. I don’t know what the best combo would be heat but overall it’s a win for my SD build.

I’m also afraid of the new ferocity stat.

maybe a good new combo would be to take sigil of battle and go 20/20/0/0/30 and take enhanced performance, that would average around an extra 300 power which I think would make up for a 10% loss in damage.

Check me out on YouTube

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

There’s quite a few builds that will come back if they change a few things with sigils but I don’t expect many new builds to sprout up just based them alone. The real thing that will determine the build diversity will be Runes.

If the changes to runes are very in-depth, I expect things to really be shaken up.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

right now I’m able to put 5 conditions on a single target on a crit static shot if the target is bellow 50%, 4 if not. I tell my guildies it’s my engie signet of spite.

if I’m able to go on crit and on swap without worrying about shared icds I can get 7 (6 if above 50%) different conditions on a crit static shot+swap. could be seriously op, if not for the fact that everyone else will have some improved capabilities from this.

in case you’re wondering, static shot crit does confusion, blind, burning (with ip), bleed (with sharpshooter), cripple (with exploit weakness). add chill on swap and torment on crit sigils, voilá. can also add throw wrench for vulnerability.

ofc this would require a crit with all cooldowns synced but it’s still very powerful otherwise.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

if they don’t change existing runes, then i think the obvious choice for pvp/wvwvw is battle/energy. i’ll probably use battle/fire for pve.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Engineers already have a lot of end recovery from adrenal pump, adrenal implant, vigor, and elixir R. I’m not sure engineers will be going just for energy, unless they’re running a low end recovery build. They might benefit more from chill or bleeding instead.

Personally… I have no idea what I’m going to do with my rifle. Mostly because I haven’t cemented out a build to use the rifle with. But, in all likelyhood, I’ll either go with strength, so I can generate more might outside of HGH.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

battle + bloodlust means an easy 4 – 4.3k attack power on my wvw build hello 10k BoB’s.

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Bombsaway.7198

Dolt: Why not get stacks and then swap weapons?

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Dolt.2731

Well… I’m lazy.

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Bombsaway.7198

Me too. That is why I will never have Superior Runes of Noble until I can pay for them with gold

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Dolt.2731

lol, sounds like me and my ascended rifle… sure did take my time grinding that out.

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Remember they are nerfing damage by 10% across the board too so the impact isn’t quite as great.

As for me, I am thinking that condition damage 6% and bleed on swap might be the best combo for a condi engie.

To be specific they are nerfing critical damage bonuses from gear not overall damage, and the major focus of the “reworking” seemed to be on runes not sigils. Maybe i missed something buy that’s what i understood from the live stream.

Also the condi sigil idea you had is great, kudos.

the future apparently?

in Engineer

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

I’m looking forward to the 2 handed weapon sigil update. I’ve been using 2x pistols for a long time because the benefit of having 2 sigils. Now that they are on par, it gives me a reason to go back to the riffle and use it as a secondary weapon. I think that’s a legitimate new design decision.

I’m not certain what to make of their rune adjustments though. I agree with their new direction; however introducing such a change this late into the game’s life is likely to create a bit of ruckus. I worked hard to get my max boon duration set, putting down time doing things I didn’t want to do and money to get them. If I have to do that exercise again, then I’m likely to just put down the game and move on.