turret engineers

turret engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

can a group of 5 engineers go into the new tdm mode and use as many turrets as possible, preferably a 10/0/30/30/0 build, and film all the carnage and but hurt, I really wanna see this.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

turret engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Honestly, turrets suddenly becoming popular will die out really fast.

Damage (which actually is a lot lower due to Rifle Turret fix, see the overcharge bug), Health, Mobility, all remain the same. Now they have 1-2 new gimmicks, both which last for a very short time.

People will soon remember what turrets are actually like and then go back to what they usually ran before. Unless they are that dedicated, then good luck to you.

As for specifically decap engies, Bomb, Flamethrower, and thumper turret will always be the best options. Using turret knockbacks for decapping, most of the time, does not work when you really need it since they have to be near the turrets. Anyone that stays a short distance away from them makes that knockback useless.

I guess there can be new things with the experimental turrets trait, sure, but you will be lacking in a lot of other areas if you go that far to make it worth it.

Surprisingly, I’m seeing no one using the Throw Mine. The toolbelt has a potential 5 boon removal, does ~600 each (when they all crit they can do upwards to 7-8k with the right build), and if you have the gadgeteer GM trait, with gadget cooldown, you can get aegis every 14.5 seconds, unblockable knockback with a boon removal.

turret engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: ripAnubis.5817

ripAnubis.5817

Surprisingly, I’m seeing no one using the Throw Mine. The toolbelt has a potential 5 boon removal, does ~600 each (when they all crit they can do upwards to 7-8k with the right build), and if you have the gadgeteer GM trait, with gadget cooldown, you can get aegis every 14.5 seconds, unblockable knockback with a boon removal.

Did I miss something? Since when is there a boon removal on the Minefield? These mines as well as the ones from Bunker Down are only explosive devices…

turret engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Did I miss something? Since when is there a boon removal on the Minefield? These mines as well as the ones from Bunker Down are only explosive devices…

Mine Field’s been able to boon strip for quite a while, as far as I can recall – I remember using Mine Field during the Southsun event to strip Veteran Karka of their boons and spike some damage in, at the very least.

turret engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I guess there can be new things with the experimental turrets trait, sure, but you will be lacking in a lot of other areas if you go that far to make it worth it.

Infinite protection is not worth it you say? Perma 6 stacks of might when you drop Flame turret and Supply crate is not worth it?

I think I’ll just give up as well because frankly it isn’t worth.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

turret engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Mine Field’s been able to boon strip for quite a while, as far as I can recall – I remember using Mine Field during the Southsun event to strip Veteran Karka of their boons and spike some damage in, at the very least.

Mine Field doesn’t strip boons any longer.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

turret engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Infinite protection is not worth it you say? Perma 6 stacks of might when you drop Flame turret and Supply crate is not worth it?

with the right build you can look at getting perma vigor fury 6-12 might retaliation regeneration and swiftness but hey not worth it at all

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

turret engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Husanak.3769

Husanak.3769

I have been running gadgeteer and throw mine…. Sickest change of all the classes in this patch. Run up to someone rip there boons… knock them back… and then just drive them insane until there respawning. (up to 5 boons ripped every 15s on a gadgeteer build… and aegis ya every 14-18s depending on the spec)

I am running rifle and heal turret though… I could really care less about the dmg on the rifle turret… I run it for Surprise shot and 76 and a 20s high dmg knock back and blast finisher.

turret engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Turrets have a very good role at certain points in time given how fast you can switch your builds.

The boons are very helpful on choke and tower defense. The reflective shields can keep your siege up.

turret engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

I ran with an engineer last night that was almost full support with all turrets, this was in pve btw.

It was pretty awesome he could keep protection, fury, and vigor up about 90% on the group and shared about 9-12 stacks of might. Honestly I’m sure there’s a build here for support that has more potent than guardians is used right.

turret engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Honestly, turrets suddenly becoming popular will die out really fast.

Damage (which actually is a lot lower due to Rifle Turret fix, see the overcharge bug), Health, Mobility, all remain the same. Now they have 1-2 new gimmicks, both which last for a very short time.

People will soon remember what turrets are actually like and then go back to what they usually ran before. Unless they are that dedicated, then good luck to you.

As for specifically decap engies, Bomb, Flamethrower, and thumper turret will always be the best options. Using turret knockbacks for decapping, most of the time, does not work when you really need it since they have to be near the turrets. Anyone that stays a short distance away from them makes that knockback useless.

totally agreed with u.

I made few times only-engi raids in wvw (7-20 guys overall) was fun to test turrets etc, but it’s all kitten shh….

About minefield – u’re totally right, and i’m using it now in zerg fights alot, cause of it’s ability to remove boons, nice dmg and low cooldown.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

turret engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

I would love to see 20 turret engis in wvw, just of the fun of it. Can’t imagine what a Zerg would think if they all dropped supply crate at the same time. Don’t know that it would really be effective, but funny as hell lol.

turret engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

we dropped all our turrets on the tower edge so it looked like some rocket base and when we all together Detonated them all had HUUUGE LAG spike (we where about 13 that time as far as i remember)

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

turret engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

I love the reading ability of people…

You will be lacking in a lot of other areas if you go that far to make it worth it. Such as damage, active utilities, conditions, etc. Where did I say it experimental turrets were worthless?