vs Mesmers

vs Mesmers

in Engineer

Posted by: papajim.6380

papajim.6380

How i should deal against mesmers? its my worst nightmare spam condi necros are are a pain too but with them i know what kills me every fightthe problem with mesmers is that while i am dealing with them most of the time i fail to understand what went wrong or what worked right.

vs Mesmers

in Engineer

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Usually a condi build with nades will have no problem dealing with mesmer as they have few condition removals. You have to make sure they are poisoned.

vs Mesmers

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

The key really, is just practice to the point that you instinctively know which one is the real mesmer. Once that starts coming naturally, I find mesmers to be one of the easiest 1v1 for me.

vs Mesmers

in Engineer

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Also, it might help to check out your options and to make sure you have chosen “show player ennemies” instead of “show ennemies”, something along those lines.

If you want to understand mesmer, you should probably create one for a bit.

vs Mesmers

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Also, it might help to check out your options and to make sure you have chosen “show player ennemies” instead of “show ennemies”, something along those lines.

If you want to understand mesmer, you should probably create one for a bit.

This is the way. Find 3 popular builds, with youtube guides, and go through the construction, testing of the skill rotation, and caveats.

With Mesmers, there are about 3 good general rules:

1. Mark the mesmer with a target marker, when they go invis, it goes away, this is a good indicator of which is which. Illusions don’t dodge, run backwards/sidewars, and generally don’t get Chaos Shield (the purple bubble).

2. Dodge INTO running illusions if they are chasing you. When they pop on top of you, you are effectively negating their damage.

3. Watch for the confusion condition. DO NOT SPAM SKILLS WITH CONFUSION. Cleanse first if possible, or prepare to wait it out.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

vs Mesmers

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Yeah, basically clones will never move side to side or away. They will ALWAYS either run straight towards you or stand completely still. So pick out the real guy, [CTRL] T to get a target icon on him, and relentlessly focus him down. Most of them are pretty squishy, so if you catch one and burn him down you won’t have much issues.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds