Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

they basically have permanent vigor regen and swiftness

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

why do they let engis stack so much

in Engineer

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

Cause I think at most we have 10 condi cleanse on 20-50s cooldowns, and this is simply spamming them… trying to use in a rotation means like 6 available, but more like 4. This is on a full elixir kiting build with rifle. Most viable builds have like 4 total with cd’s. We have to run away and dodge constantly, to usually get melted. We need the “perma” vigor, swiftness, regen.

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

answer… look at how much stability we have

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

take tool (15% reduction on toolbet ) , take hgh from alchemy ( 20% reductio ) and take elixir B … and you have stability …it is a matter of choice

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Yes I suppose you have a choice to make a build that has stability. But my answer still stands, the reason they give the other boons is because to build for swiftness you’d have to base your entire build around it like you mention. I don’t consider that a viable top tier PvP option. I assume the complaint is with regards to killing engis and not envy in a PVE scenario.

(edited by shion.2084)

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

take tool (15% reduction on toolbet ) , take hgh from alchemy ( 20% reductio ) and take elixir B … and you have stability …it is a matter of choice

hmm… that aoe stab has a cast time, an air time, requires ground targeting, and isnt a stunbreak.

idk its working as intended and all that but i cant seem to make it worth using and i cant even play around it in such a way that it has a place in my builds over a true stunbreak. it has the same issue as sic em and analyze in that its proactive by nature when it needs to be reactive, so it can only see use in predictable situations. there is currently 1 situation (aetherblade fractal boss) where being proactive is as good as being reactive and cannot be substituted with being braindead.

hell, camping juggernaut ft is better than tossing B.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

Troll spotted.

Ya ok. Because people cant genuinely be curious why the let engis stack 4 minutes of swiftness on themselves

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Ya ok. Because people cant genuinely be curious why the let engis stack 4 minutes of swiftness on themselves

And you genuinely meant this as a question usually brought forth at the game developer conference, not as an underhand comment about how you think it’s too much, right? Right? :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Every class has combos which make you think “kitten , that’s OP”. It all goes towards making you feel powerful whatever you play.

Of course when everyone is OP, no-one is. The classes in this game show clever design, which most importantly, is very fun.

in Engineer

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

It always makes me chuckle to see Guardians with a few months of aegis in the pvp lobby. That’s gonna be one epic block!

in Engineer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Vigor was nerfed, everyone has perma Regen, and swiftness is pretty generic, too. Not sure there’s a real problem here. o.O

4 minutes of any boon gets ripped the same way 3 seconds does.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Engineer

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Troll spotted.

As opposed to elementalists, who tend to have 25 might stacks, regeneration, protection, and spammable condition cleansing? Swiftness isn’t that much faster than the movespeed signets that many professions get, and it can be stripped. If you want real boon stacking, look at guardians and elementalists. A bit of swiftness is a weak thing to complain about.