will p/p HGH builds be crippled after dec 10?

in Engineer

Posted by: Baron NJS.5704

Baron NJS.5704

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

You’ll either lose 1 way to apply burning or 3 stacks of might.

So no.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Yep, that build is getting the D.

You’re going to have to pick an adept trait in explosives that’s really bad in order to get Incendiary Powder. Like, we’re talkin’ Acidic Elixirs or Exploit Weakness kind of bad. And you can no longer get Enhanced Performance without going like, 30pts into Explosives.

Unless you want to change multiple things, this is what I would do when the patch hits:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqal0picnvSdF17ICoC5loHPGlNZfeQfs1DC-jQCBoOBkWAgEBMHqIasVhFRjVzATxiIq2hAzjgIqGA-e

For sure a nerf, but not the end of the world.

Ditching Enhanced Performance altogether, and getting Elixir H is a good option. You wouldn’t have to change your traits for that.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

Baron NJS.5704

dam…why the hell does it feel like im fighting a losing battle with this class?
do the devs even play engineers like WTF.

Ya Chaith that is probably what im gonna do…….2 useless traits (mines on 25% and explosions cause vuln)

What kinda wvw/pvp setup do you guys run?

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

it won’t be crippled, it will still be very doable.

you can just use the same thing you using except with exploit weakness instead of enhanced performance.. you lose 3 stacks of might every 20 seconds, you get a long duration cripple. one more condi to be cleansed.

at least thats how Im planning to play it after the 10th.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: honovi.7893

honovi.7893

You’re going to have to swap out med kit for elexir H if you want that extra might. With full might runes and sigil of battle, i can still top out at 25 stacks of might without enhanced performance and mantain 20+ stacks, though. I would just go deeper in a different trait line.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

dam…why the hell does it feel like im fighting a losing battle with this class?
do the devs even play engineers like WTF.

Ya Chaith that is probably what im gonna do…….2 useless traits (mines on 25% and explosions cause vuln)

What kinda wvw/pvp setup do you guys run?

I agree they don’t know what to do with eng. IMO if you’re doing WvW roaming I would take invis on immobil and just go 20 into explosives. Still sucks they are nerfing this without buffing our auto attacks (why people take IP in the first place).

Class X is OP, better nerf Eng type of balances seriously gettin’ on my nerves.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Engineer

Baron NJS.5704

Mask ur not gonna put 20 into Explosives to get IP?

honovi- Medkit provides more might overall with noble runes/sigil of battle/enhanced performance
whats your build? can u link it

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

honovi- Medkit provides more might overall with noble runes/sigil of battle/enhanced performance

Mask misspoke. He meant that you’d take Expose Weakness and then IP over Enhanced Performance. You don’t need Enhanced Performance – just take Elixir H and proc HgH, you will notice a difference, but you should have no problem reaching the proper stacks. It’s overall better.. remember, you have no points in tools for a better heal recharge on Medkit, and yet you have all the Elixir Traits to buff up Elixir H. The might stacking is great, but not everything.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

honovi.7893

Mask misspoke. He meant that you’d take Expose Weakness and then IP over Enhanced Performance. You don’t need Enhanced Performance – just take Elixir H and proc HgH, you will notice a difference, but you should have no problem reaching the proper stacks. It’s overall better.. remember, you have no points in tools for a better heal recharge on Medkit, and yet you have all the Elixir Traits to buff up Elixir H. The might stacking is great, but not everything.

This is why i don’t take it as well. 30/10/0/30/0 works fine for me. The only reason i can see running kit is if you really want fury for a little more offense.

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

This is why i don’t take it as well. 30/10/0/30/0 works fine for me. The only reason i can see running kit is if you really want fury for a little more offense.

Medkit triggers sigil of battle. That’s why some people prefer it in might stacking builds.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Engineer

Baron NJS.5704

honovi do you run enhanced performance as well?

with runes of noble (might on heal) EP and sigil of battle thats 9 stacks of might right out of the gate just by switching to medkit. I should easily be able to maintain 20-25 stacks i think.
i actually have not tried the build in wvw

You think it would be worth it to just take Powder and skip EP and just put those last ten points into defence?
i think i would lose a lot of killing power

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

what chaith said, sorry if I confused you.

Im planning on going 20-10-10-30-0 for wvw. ip is just too good to give up, it’s not only the burning damage.. the ability to put 4 conditions on a single opening crit static shot is just too overwhelming for some players/classes.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

what chaith said, sorry if I confused you.

Im planning on going 20-10-10-30-0 for wvw. ip is just too good to give up, it’s not only the burning damage.. the ability to put 4 conditions on a single opening crit static shot is just too overwhelming for some players/classes.

You gonna run sigil of torment…?

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

honovi.7893

honovi do you run enhanced performance as well?

with runes of noble (might on heal) EP and sigil of battle thats 9 stacks of might right out of the gate just by switching to medkit. I should easily be able to maintain 20-25 stacks i think.
i actually have not tried the build in wvw

You think it would be worth it to just take Powder and skip EP and just put those last ten points into defence?
i think i would lose a lot of killing power

No i do not run EP. Instead, i take grenade cd reduction. After the patch, it’s not worth going 30 into explosives just to get incendiary powder and EP. So even after the patch, your build should not change unless you really want it to be more offensive by going 30 in explosives.

During the patch however, you can keep your build the way it is if you truly want to mantain A LOT of might. Nonetheless, I find myself coming out of fights with 25 stacks of might, even though I dont run EP or runes of the noble.

In the end, it’s up to you. After the patch more than ever, though, i would recommend picking up elexir H for an HGH build because it heals more than med kit, it gives booons, it has the potential to remove boons, it buffs your team, it removes conditions, and it offers the same CD. The only advantage i see with medkit is the fury it provides.

in Engineer

Baron NJS.5704

How do you maintain 25 stacks of might? whats ur build?

i will play around with both elixir H and medkit with that setup and see what i like better.
Ya im sacrificing a bigger heal and 2 condi removal compared to 1. But im not sure if that outweighs the amount of might stacks medkit provides.

Plus you cant just waste elixir H at the start of the fight so you will be coming into a fight with much less power than with medkit.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

What really sucks is that they are shoving Incendiary Powder, which a lot of non-grenadiers use, down the grenadier tree. How awesome is that? I sure hope they put something worthwhile in the place of it on the first tier, or they will have completely ruined by build. My build is one of the few that is viable and doesn’t rely on a hobosack… it seems they want to bring that to an end. I’m guessing our Engineer community leader looked around and said “There aren’t enough hobosacks in the game… lets make more people run with them!”

At the moment I can muster the necessary points for both HGH and grand master incendiary powder, but it won’t be worth the hit if I have to take a worthless trade in the first tier to do it

in Engineer

Baron NJS.5704

I guarantee we will not be compensated for losing IP further down the line…..every 10 drop trait is almost worthless for a p/p HGH build unless you are going down explosion tree and using nades (i dont i use toolkit)
IP is too much damage to give up. Im just gonna have to sacrifice more durability to get it. Or maybe i would be better off just running nades instead of toolkit, im not sure

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

In sPvP p/p HGH is more or less dead from 10th december. You have to go for sigil of Battle so you apply less stacks of bleeding (you cannot go for sigil of Geomancy). You have no vigor and no pushbacks. I guess we will see that this build is dead.