working on an elixir build.

in Engineer

Posted by: shahryar.8437

shahryar.8437

I have a feeling it is not the best way to build engineer but I am honestly having fun with it.
I would mostly be doing pve, raids, and open world raids(are things like teqatl and jungle wurm considered raids?)
anyways so far my build is:
Currently focusing on Precision and condi damage as stats
Dual pistols(though sometimes shield)
Elixirs H, B, and U then a gadgetskill such as rocket boots or mine, my elite skill is generally elxir x.
Though i do switch to elixir gun from time to time instead of a gadget

My traits are
Elixir: Protection Injection, Self Regulating Defenses(or one of the other two if I am using the elixir fun), and HGH

Firearms: High Calibur, Pinpoint Distribution, Modified Ammunition.

Tools:Static Discharge, Take Down round, Kinetic Barrier.

Some i feel like with how I am building I should actually be switching to power and switch to a rifle and change my firearms traits up.

(edited by shahryar.8437)

in Engineer

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

What is your armor (the name, like Rampager, etc.)?

in Engineer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

it would be really helpful if you used a site like gw2skills.net instead of typing everything.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Engineer

shahryar.8437

sorry was at work just got back, mostly carrion or dire armor of balthazar, but that was mostly when i was doing a flamethrower juggernaut build lol
on my dual pistols right now I have sigils of corruption and because it seemed fun demon summoning lol
all the sigils are superior

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

maybe slot for elixir S as the last utility and change your gear for maximum dps to Viper’s for pve and raids , if im not mistaken theres a pve sigil that gives stacking armor per kill so couple that with whatever if you aint feeling like goin full dps otherwise keep corruption

and engi condi dps is mainly burn so balthazar is basically a must have as runes

in Engineer

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

A condition build with no kits and only pistols – why not take Chemical Rounds?

and engi condi dps is mainly burn so balthazar is basically a must have as runes

He won’t really be doing much burning damage without bomb kit and flamethrower, so Balthazar runes are pretty much wasted.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

A condition build with no kits and only pistols – why not take Chemical Rounds?

He won’t really be doing much burning damage without bomb kit and flamethrower, so Balthazar runes are pretty much wasted.

yeah overlooked the title

try grenades i guess

if you want elixirs and no condi just grab marauder gear, and some boon duration runes with your rifle air and strength or fire or force sigils

edit : scratch that the build looks as impractical as it gets static discharge doesnt synergize with elixirs as the best for statid discharge would be something like rifle turret tool kit and battering ram for full dps i guess you could keep elixir H and B for some might and fury and have turret+ tool kit for discharge

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I dunno about PvE or having the build condition based but a full Elixir build is something I do quite often in WvW.

I have 2 different builds I rotate between depending on what I’m doing and the Elixir build is great when I know I’ll be dealing with condi builds. So many cleanses I’m nearly immune to them.

Build here – My choice in gear stats is questionable, I know, but I like the versatility. For PvE, zerk or Marauder would likely be better. I only go full Celestial because I like to tinker with my builds a lot and because it keeps me at a nice happy medium between damage and defense.

Full Elixirs is quite fun but I find it best with Rifle simply because Pistols don’t apply enough pressure without kits to support them. Rifle hits hard as is, with might stacking from the Elixirs it’s only going to be better.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Engineer

DGraves.3720

I have decided you should play how you want. You sound like you’re having fun and don’t need the advice of min/maxers.

in Engineer

shahryar.8437

Thanks haha, I actually just got to 80 and started using the hammer, and I am having a lot of dun, it is funny because me and my fiance essentially switched positions in this game, before level 80 she was a ranger with a claymore running up and meleeing while I hung back, now I have a giant wrench and she is a healer XD
All the crit traits from the firearms line are good so far but I cant decide if the defensive nature of elixirs would be better or the bonus damage against vulnerability from explosions would be better, I guess just try them all I suppose.
Right nw I am mostly using zerker armor(and wrench) with rage sigils and the weapon sigils are peril and bloodlust.

(edited by shahryar.8437)

in Engineer

DGraves.3720

I suggest you stay with the defense. The 7% gain isn’t enough to dedicate an entire trait line to.

in Engineer

shahryar.8437

The one downside so far is I am dieing to a stiff breeze, it might get better as I get more scrapper traits but anything you can think of to mitigate that? I know power scrapper isnt the best but aside from occasionally dieing really fast this play style is fun.
So far I am focusing on power precision and ferocity I think I need to work some toughness and or vitality in there, maybe some boon duration. There are just so many sigils, prefixes, and suffixs to sort through lol.

in Engineer

DGraves.3720

I would recommend you use use Assassin’s Armor and Cavalier’s Trinkets. The Cavalier’s Stats are:

Toughness Major
Power Minor
Ferocity Minor

Assassin’s Stats are:

Precision Major
Power Minor
Ferocity Minor

The idea is that the precision you would lose by taking Cavalier’s armor is lessened still giving you a decent critical hit chance.

I would recommend one Sigil of Accuracy (not Precision) for the free 7% chance to critically strike. The other sigil is your choice, but they do not stack, so you can’t use a second Sigil of Accuracy. Your weapons are your choice as it would be boring not to experiment.

Cavalier’s trinkets are Temple Armor by the way and can be bought in Orr ( https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Temple_armor ) where the Balthazar Statue is fought in the Straits of Devastation. You can use karma instead of gold. Assassin’s unfortunately can only be crafted or bought.

in Engineer

shahryar.8437

For trinkets are there jeweler equivalents? I know opal for assassin which I have a few I made.

in Engineer

DGraves.3720

Yes, Opal is the equivalent for Assassin so if you have the Opal Orichalcum Rings made then just swap the two, buy Cavalier’s Dungeon Armor and use your Assassin’s Jewelry. I apologize for not presuming that.

in Engineer

shahryar.8437

perfect thank you!