wvw engi

wvw engi

in Engineer

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

can sone pls link wvw engi build. i play condi engi in spvp, p/s, bomb/grenade/x, love it.

armor part is what i need now. i have bunch of spvp boxes to open, some of them offer armor choices, would help if i know what to choose.

wvw engi

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Depends. on your liking.

Currently I run bombkit / rifle / throw mine / thumper turret /bunker down for wvw zerging, and nades / bombkit / toolkit for roaming so power all the way…
runes of strength + sigil of bloodlust / energy will even increase your overall capabilities

if you wanna roam, start out with pvt (power vitality toughness (soldier stats)) and slowly incorporate more berserker parts as you progress with your skill.
For zerging you should stay full pvt since you have to eat up a lot of dmg.

ofc this is only about rifle based power builds…
if you go down the path of condi builds you want to run dire /rabid or even celestial stats

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

wvw engi

in Engineer

gesho.9468

ofc this is only about rifle based power builds…
if you go down the path of condi builds you want to run dire /rabid or even celestial stats

yes, i’ve always had condi on my engi.
just go by stats, otherwise, gear of the same class (i believe i’m getting exotics) are all the same, right?

wvw engi

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

yes.
every exotic item that has rabid stats will have exactly the same stats as every other exotic item named by that stats. it depends on the slot ofc. chest pieces for example have higher stats than helmets, but every helmet will have the same numbers like his counter-parts with other skins

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

wvw engi

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

Im using knight gear power ferocity toughness and have traits in alchemy (boon duras rock) Survability is same as pvt but damage is much higher in my opinion.

wvw engi

in Engineer

gesho.9468

thx
……………….

wvw engi

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

This could maybe help you.

It’s a list of builds I have ran over the past 1,5 year. It includes condition damage builds which you are familiar with it seems.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

wvw engi

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Wolf is a great player but I play a bit differently than his builds.
A 3 kit condition engineer (IMHO) should look at grenades, bombs (LOTS of synergy) and generally e-gun or rocket boots. Both of the later can let you reset. One is much higher in skill (but with more utility).

Bombs beat toolkit generally. You can always quick stealth to get some sustain versus block. Bombs take care of melee. Nades take care of ranged. Bombs also can provide very effective fields for might and stealth. Bombs are PBAE (ok delayed fuse but kinda) and toolkit is single target. Take the PBAE.

If you are running in a tight group I could see Bomb, Nade, Tool Kit as you won’t need the “escape” as often but may have to run into an arrow cart field or need to pull an enemy off a wall, etc. But overall, I find having the escape is more valuable.

wvw engi

in Engineer

Posted by: Skooma.3459

Skooma.3459

Dire with celestial accessories and 1 weapon carrion and 1 weapon rabid. That’s what I run. I run nade/S/tool, full dire armor, full celestial accessories, carrion pistol and rabid shield. It’s incredibly tanky in most 1v1 and 1v2 situations and the condi burst you can lay on people, especially melee is insane.

wvw engi

in Engineer

Wolfar.6508

Wolf is a great player but I play a bit differently than his builds.
A 3 kit condition engineer (IMHO) should look at grenades, bombs (LOTS of synergy) and generally e-gun or rocket boots. Both of the later can let you reset. One is much higher in skill (but with more utility).

Bombs beat toolkit generally. You can always quick stealth to get some sustain versus block. Bombs take care of melee. Nades take care of ranged. Bombs also can provide very effective fields for might and stealth. Bombs are PBAE (ok delayed fuse but kinda) and toolkit is single target. Take the PBAE.

If you are running in a tight group I could see Bomb, Nade, Tool Kit as you won’t need the “escape” as often but may have to run into an arrow cart field or need to pull an enemy off a wall, etc. But overall, I find having the escape is more valuable.

I find the GK/BK/EG setup a lot better when playing in Groups while I prefer the TK/BK/EG setup when solo roaming. I feel like that Block does a lot especially versus Shatterer Mesmers, 100b Warriors and AA Rangers.

I did mention in my post that switching TK for GK is a personal preference.

wvw engi

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

When you are starting out as a roamer, you might find that rocket boots are easier than elixir gun. In many cases, even having played engie for a while, I will swap them out when running solo still.

Sure, elixir gun has a lot of great utility (much of which fits in groups better such as the condi clear). It is a GREAT condi remover for 1v1 with light field and projectile finishers.

But. . . .

The escape/reset factor is much harder and frankly quite a bit weaker. While on a shorter timer, the timer really matters less than the distance and the auto blast finisher which allows you to flee in stealth. It will often work 1v1.

The escape of rocket boots increases exponentially when you are facing more than 1v1 as a solo. You have little other way to avoid getting jumped on by a couple.

Rocket boots with a little stealth, stealth back up, drop a glue bomb if they are chasing etc etc. You can get out of many sticky situations (pun intended).

wvw engi

in Engineer

Posted by: TheRiverBlues.2607

TheRiverBlues.2607

I noticed a lot of WvW engies use the pistols, is there WvW guides for Engineers with rifles? Is Hybrid Engineer viable in WvW?

wvw engi

in Engineer

Wolfar.6508

I noticed a lot of WvW engies use the pistols, is there WvW guides for Engineers with rifles? Is Hybrid Engineer viable in WvW?

Hybrid Engineer works well in WvW, I run a 3kit Celestial setup from time to time with great succes. This works with both P/S and Rifle.

On Rifle Engis you got of course the Static Discharge burst build but you can also go for a HGH setup with Rifle like this.

Hope it helps!

wvw engi

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

another playstyle in my sig

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

wvw engi

in Engineer

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

I run two condi builds which can be seen here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Video-WvW-Engineer-Team-Psy-1/first#post4134391
maybe you will enjoy some.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel