0 Build Variety in the game

in Guardian

Posted by: michelada.2947

michelada.2947

Even if you try to experiment with different build in the game there is always one that outstand all others , right now for guardian it’s DH or DH , there is no more , i tried to build a tanky guardian and even with 3800 defense i blow up against other DH or Reapers not even a chance to fight back or last at least 20 secs during the fight for my team to come and help me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Cool story 8/8 m8

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

HoT has introduced so much damage and control that the tradional staple of pvp,.the bunker guard is dead. Guardians are best as raw damage now. If you want to be a bruiser you have to go reaper, scrapper ele or rev.

Tbh, if you want to be a yolo queue master, just go reaper. Necros main weakness was cc, but now they output chill in mass amounts and have perms stability in reaper.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Guardian

Posted by: Soryuju.8164

Soryuju.8164

Just putting it out there, DH itself can also be made into a very good bunker or bruiser build. No one runs it that way because Trap/Longbow burst is all the rage right now, but there’s nothing actually stopping it from using its various defensive tools to play that type of role. DH has a lot more flexibility with its utilities than the core Guardian (mostly thanks to the superb defense, healing, and cleansing that come with its Virtues). In turn, that allows us to be more flexible with our trait lines.

Burn Guardian also still works quite nicely. It suffers some from the abundance of CC currently in the game, but on the plus side, most people aren’t running as much cleansing in this meta. No one’s expecting Burn Guardians now, so fewer people are equipped to deal with your burst. Grabbing a Reaper buddy to help CC targets and spam cover conditions for you just makes it even better.

Is build diversity great right now? No. Has it ever been? No. Options besides Meditrapper do exist, though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Even if you try to experiment with different build in the game there is always one that outstand all others , right now for guardian it’s DH or DH , there is no more , i tried to build a tanky guardian and even with 3800 defense i blow up against other DH or Reapers not even a chance to fight back or last at least 20 secs during the fight for my team to come and help me.

there are lots of builds with DH, you can go full trapper, medi meta trapper, combination of both, DH without LB, tank DH…

Before hot there was: Medi, Bunker, Burn. No combinations between those 3.

in Guardian

Posted by: michelada.2947

michelada.2947

That’s what i mean, u are forced to play dragón Hunter, New specializations remove variety from lot of builds cause u are forced to play it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

That’s what i mean, u are forced to play dragón Hunter, New specializations remove variety from lot of builds cause u are forced to play it.

Its because they want people to buy hot duhhh.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

I believe there could be more build variety instantly if we would get a 25% movement speed trait and less builds would be reliant on Traveler Runes for movement and Virtues for F2 when you could go hoelbrak or melandru as an example

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Jarvis.9540

Jarvis.9540

My old-school meditation guard is doing just fine.

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

This thread should be renamed to just sPVP since that is all that people are focusing on. That being said, burn and medi guardians are fine and viable options. And even within the DH line (which is balanced around both strong offense and defense) there are a plethora of different builds, since running a DH line doesn’t mean you have to run all traps and a longbow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Pip Squeak.3418

Pip Squeak.3418

Medi-DH is friggin amazing I have no idea why you’re QQing OP. I use no traps and still pwn faces. :P

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

there really is no bunker build anymore.

but tons of dps varaints that bring high defenseive an group support abilities.
mitigation and control is key and we do quite well with that even outside DH.