11/15 Patch notes for Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Derpnoob.2875

Derpnoob.2875

Guardian
Protector’s Strike: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to be cancelled and retain the blocking benefits.
Shield of Judgment: This skill’s protection duration has been set to 3 seconds from 5 seconds in PvP only.
Courageous Return: This trait now uses the correct icon.
Power of the Virtuous: This trait now uses the correct icon.
Orb of Light: This skill’s velocity has been increased by 50%.
Empower: This skill’s might duration increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.
Selfless Daring: This trait had an efficiency with healing power that was reserved for healing skills only and has now been reduced to its intended level. Heal scaling has been reduced by 50% in PvP only.
Merciful Intervention: This skill has been updated to be instant when traited and will now always be based around the guardian.

Derp

in Guardian

Posted by: Gulbrandr.9047

Gulbrandr.9047

The Selfless Daring fix was needed – a big AoE 1700hp heal that you can spam up to 3-4 times in a row with the right sigil was a bit insane. Orb of Light is faster, which should help some of the scepter hate, though I can already hear the cries of “still not 1200 range!” Empower buff is nice, a good skill gets better.

Other than that, it’s bug fixes.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

•Selfless Daring: This trait had an efficiency with healing power that was reserved for healing skills only and has now been reduced to its intended level. Heal scaling has been reduced by 50% in PvP only.

OUCH lol. Agreed though. It says PvP, so i’m assuming no changes in WvW… which is good…. so much AoE dmg out there.

Orb of Light is Staff, not Scepter.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: IV Endu.8920

IV Endu.8920

Finally patch notes for Guardians that didn’t irritate me.

EDIT: NVM I take what I said back. Amins pointed out Orb of Light isn’t the scepter auto. GG. >_>;

in Guardian

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Orb of Light is Staff, not Scepter.

Aww, i had my hopes up so much and now they’ve been slain.

To be frank, the staff orb was kinda ok at it’s speed IMO (as t will be harder now to time the heal), but even if it was to slow, why on earth fix that one and not also fix the one with the major issue (the scepter one).

Man, i was so happy about tha fix until you broke my heart /cries.
—-
Surely they can’t think the scepter orb speed is ok, can they?.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

in Guardian

Posted by: riymond.5463

riymond.5463

this bit concerns me under pvp section —
“Many skills, items, and traits were applying healing to an infinite amount of targets and have now been limited to 5 targets.”

Any chance this is a massive nerf to Empower in WvW ?? Shouts?

in Guardian

Posted by: Gahn.8150

Gahn.8150

this bit concerns me under pvp section —
“Many skills, items, and traits were applying healing to an infinite amount of targets and have now been limited to 5 targets.”

Any chance this is a massive nerf to Empower in WvW ?? Shouts?

This the worst line i read in patch notes also.

Gahn Lonewolf [TDA]
Norn Guardian
Gandara

in Guardian

Posted by: chtiyonki.6284

chtiyonki.6284

EDIT: NVM I take what I said back. Amins pointed out Orb of Light isn’t the scepter auto. GG. >_>;

Well, it’s a nerf again to me when you look all the other class buffs (except maybe the thief nerf).
All classes got bug fix, not us and we still have unusable trait.

I need to try Selfless Daring in WvW cause the patchnote isn’t clear.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

•Selfless Daring: This trait had an efficiency with healing power that was reserved for healing skills only and has now been reduced to its intended level. Heal scaling has been reduced by 50% in PvP only.

I think this is a double nerf, for SPvP at least. The first nerf was to reduce the healing power efficiency, and the second nerf was to further reduce the healing by 50% in SPvP.

But let’s all say a collective “WTF” for this patch note:

•Many skills, items, and traits were applying healing to an infinite amount of targets and have now been limited to 5 targets.

I don’t really understand this one at all. In SPvP, you almost never have more than 5 allies around you at one time, so this was a non-issue. In WvW though, this was almost required. Between siege weapons and massive player AOE, group healing was the only way to survive. Now since it’s limited to 5 targets, you can bet player pets and people at full HP are going to be soaking all your heals, making them practically useless. Until they implement some kind of smart-healing measure (heal the players with the lowest health, in range, and ONLY heal pets/NPCs when all valid player targets are full health), you simply can’t limit healing to 5 targets. This is so dumb…I just don’t understand.

And oh, hey, they fixed 2 bugs out of the 30+ that have been noted in our bug list for over a month. Personally, I’m really pissed they didn’t fix Pure of Voice OR Battle Presence…I mean c’mon man.

in Guardian

Posted by: BloodEagle.3809

BloodEagle.3809

Well, it’s a nerf again to me when you look all the other class buffs (except maybe the thief nerf).

You really should check the other class forums before you say stuff like this, because as someone who has 7 characters, one of them being a Guardian…..ALL of my classes got nerfed or only minor bug fixes at most. None of them got anything even resembling a buff.

BloodEagle
Commander of Crimson Wing [CW]
Ehmry Bay – www.CrimsonWing.org

in Guardian

Posted by: DirtyBird.6093

DirtyBird.6093

Yea i also thought orb of light == scepter at first but oh well. Still, i was expecting a pretty huge nerf bat considering how rediculous of PVE machines we are… Looking forward to playing around with MI now and see if its viable. Thank god they fixed the mace bug, i wont feel paranoid of “HES CHEATING” while playing it anymore :/ kinda ruins the fun. Not much changed really though.

-Blackgate-
[GoF] Smiks – Guardian/Necro
Thief/Mesmer Alts

in Guardian

MajorMelchett.6042

I think we really need to get on the scepter orb fix again, maybe get a new thread going requesting it be changed like Orb of Light?.

I’d start one, but i’m not making any new threads at the moment.

in Guardian

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

This puts an end to my WvW build, with Battle Presence, Empower, and Dodge rolls healing everyone in the back line.

Seriously… build gone. We have no useful ranged builds in WvW.

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Empower actually didn’t get buffed. Tested and it actually lasts 7, not 10 seconds.

in Guardian

Waking.6052

Empower got majorly nerfed. Went from healing 20-30 people to healing… 5.

Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Tryble.6819

Tryble.6819

Selfless Daring is operating the same way it did prepatch in the Heart of the Mists lobby. Do some of these things only kick in mid battle?

Edit: Tested it. This change only kicks in when you’re in a match. 1,200 Healing Power heals about 1,300 out of a match, but only around 750 while in one.

It also is not active in WvW. Full healing coefficient is still present.

Seems that ‘PvP Only’ effects are only active while in a sPvP map.

(edited by Tryble.6819)

in Guardian

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

But let’s all say a collective “WTF” for this patch note:

•Many skills, items, and traits were applying healing to an infinite amount of targets and have now been limited to 5 targets.

I don’t really understand this one at all. In SPvP, you almost never have more than 5 allies around you at one time, so this was a non-issue. In WvW though, this was almost required. Between siege weapons and massive player AOE, group healing was the only way to survive. Now since it’s limited to 5 targets, you can bet player pets and people at full HP are going to be soaking all your heals, making them practically useless. Until they implement some kind of smart-healing measure (heal the players with the lowest health, in range, and ONLY heal pets/NPCs when all valid player targets are full health), you simply can’t limit healing to 5 targets. This is so dumb…I just don’t understand.

Presumably they did this to prevent the “stacking” tactic (which took an unusually long time to catch on, seeing as it is in other games). I’m curious to know if it nerfed the WvW altruistic healing build also? ie. empower and virtues could apply to 20+ allies and thus heal yourself for tons.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

The patch notes for necromancers are an insult to anyone playing one.

The notes for guardians makes me want to continue on my alt..

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Guardian

MajorMelchett.6042

Empower actually didn’t get buffed. Tested and it actually lasts 7, not 10 seconds.

Correct (well for me it lasts eight), the patch notes state 10 seconds & the tooltip now also states 10 seconds BUT it doesn’t last 10 seconds.

Please everyone report this bug ingame – i’ve create a bug thread in the games bug section already (here).

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Test b4 complaining.

PvP is not always WvW.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

chtiyonki.6284

Tried Selfless Daring on WvW and still work as before.

Tried also Orb of light and indeed the skill is now really cool.

Empower is not bugged, it show 7sec but the cast time is ~3s and the tick reset until the end of the cast, so it’s 10s.

I’m curious to know if it nerfed the WvW altruistic healing build also? ie. empower and virtues could apply to 20+ allies and thus heal yourself for tons.

It’s not nerfed because AH has (if I’m not wrong) already a limitation up to 5 players (else we would be absolutely invincible in wvw, imagine with 20 players around you each hit you gain 1.5k heal ?).

(edited by chtiyonki.6284)

in Guardian

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Are you sure about this? If so that is a major nerf to Guardian staff support.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

Concerning Selfless Daring, it is unaffected in WvW, so either both listed changes (the reduced efficiency, and the 50% nerf in SPvP) are actually just one change (the 50% nerf in SPvP), or it didn’t make it into the patch

Presumably they did this to prevent the “stacking” tactic (which took an unusually long time to catch on, seeing as it is in other games). I’m curious to know if it nerfed the WvW altruistic healing build also? ie. empower and virtues could apply to 20+ allies and thus heal yourself for tons.

I can understand the potency of stacking like 5 guardians/warriors in a group of 20 people, and just spamming virtues/shouts to heal…but like I said before, if they limit the targets to any number (not just 5) without implementing some smart-healing, you will invariably end up wasting heals on pets, NPCs, and players already at or near full health. Currently, their AOE target systems is just too dumb, as it hits the closest 5 targets no matter what. If the 5 closest people to you are at full health, and the next 5 closest people (still in range of your heal) are at 50% health…those 5 people at full health will soak all your healing and you will do nothing while your other allies die.

Also, I dont’ think empower ever hit 20+ people with the might buff to trigger Altruistic Healing. The might pulses would only hit 5 people at a time, and those people could change at each pulse depending on distance. The heal at the end could certainly hit 20+ people, but not the might pulses.

in Guardian

MajorMelchett.6042

Empower is not bugged, it show 7sec but the cast time is ~3s and the tick reset until the end of the cast, so it’s 10s.

It did that before the patch aswell, (each tick refreshed the 8 seconds timer) – your not supposed to count the cast time just the might time (they’re seperate).

Basically the might buff is ment to last 10 seconds on each tick and refreshes to 10 seconds on each tick of the cast.

It seems like they’ve changed the tooltip only ansd the skill hasn’t changed at all from what it was before the patch.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

It did that before the patch aswell, (each tick refreshed the 8 seconds timer) ,each tick of might is now supposed to be 10 seconds.

This one speaks the truth. Hopefully an adjustment to reflect soon.

in Guardian

Posted by: TheUnseenJinx.5824

TheUnseenJinx.5824

You really should check the other class forums before you say stuff like this, because as someone who has 7 characters, one of them being a Guardian…..ALL of my classes got nerfed or only minor bug fixes at most. None of them got anything even resembling a buff.

I don’t know what you’re talking about my ranger is now the terror of the deep blue sea! Which is where I’ll spend most my time considering my traps are now on a 30 second cooldown (traited 25)

in Guardian

Waking.6052

Are you sure about this? If so that is a major nerf to Guardian staff support.

This is what my build was based on, our heal skills that didn’t say party/group were applying to everyone around.

Only possible way to save staff imo, is if I’ve been using Orb of Light wrong and it passes through multiple opponents in WvW hitting them all.

Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

With Rune boon changes and healing changes guess they don’t want you supporting teammates. Time to go full damage build like everyone else. Helping teammates it overrated anyway, playing for yourself is the way to go. Will help me get more badges I guess.

in Guardian

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

On a more important note (grin), did anyone notice the auto attack animation for female norn GS changed? Not sure if I like it or not – though I didn’t really care for the old animation, so it’s ok.

in Guardian

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Staff buff is kittening massive. So good.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Umm all they did was tweak staff 2 ..

nothing else.. no damage buff or anything..

This is not a scepter 1 change Guanglai

in Guardian

Posted by: Sing Praise.4690

Sing Praise.4690

Staff 4 used to heal tons (all in range) of folks in Jormag fight (for instance) or zerg – today it only healed 5 close folks… That “correction” reduces the formerly OP ability…

in Guardian

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Tested selfless daring. Heals for 1200 in HoM, but only 650 after joining a spvp server. This is a fairly substantial nerf to bunkers on top of the removal of block bug (hopefully this time….)

As for the AH hitting over 5 targets; I haven’t done wvw in months, but yes, it used to heal you for 1500+ per pulse if you had enough teammates in range, on top of the final heal. I’m guessing it was fixed since then.

Things are becoming suspicious. I suspect more nerfs incoming, either to our damage output or other healing sources (meditations). Seems most other professions have not improved with the last patch but we are still on top.

(edited by ens.9854)

in Guardian

chtiyonki.6284

I admit I was to fast writing that. We got major buff on range weapon atm which is cool (even if I don’t use range weap most of the time, staff on mass scale).
I readed more carefully the patchnote about other classes and played a lot tonight on WvW and I feel really more powerful than before against some classes.

Scepter buff is nice because the orbs velocity was stupidly low. The selfless daring nerf in spvp is okay for me, with 2 sigil of energy + the vigor on crit it was unbalanced making this almost mandatory. Now in WvW, after the elem healing nerf, we are probably the best healing class is we aim for this.

I’m agree with the post upper, I feel a nerf on us on next patch.

in Guardian

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Umm all they did was tweak staff 2 ..

nothing else.. no damage buff or anything..

This is not a scepter 1 change Guanglai

When did I say anything about scepter? Scepter is fine. I’m talking about the staff here. Staff effective DPS is way higher now that the orb reaches max range and goes on cooldown much faster. It’s not as good as greatsword obviously but it’s actually worth contending for a slot instead something like mace or scepter now. The extra duration on might also helps since it makes the partywide damage boost that much more viable over you just attacking yourself.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

Problem is the extra duration doesn’t exist. In fact, it was actually nerfed by 1 second from what I tested.

in Guardian

MajorMelchett.6042

Problem is the extra duration doesn’t exist. In fact, it was actually nerfed by 1 second from what I tested.

Yeah the might duration increase is broken at the moment, instead of going up to 10 seconds like the patch and tooltip state, it seems to have gone down to around 7 seconds instead.

in Guardian

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Can anyone tell me why Shield of Judgement nerf makes sense? Shield seemed a bit weak already.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in Guardian

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

Can anyone tell me why Shield of Judgement nerf makes sense? Shield seemed a bit weak already.

It was done to nerf bunker guardians. That’s why the protection and boon duration runes were nerfed as well, but only in PvP. They only want it to combat burst damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

It was done to nerf bunker guardians. That’s why the protection and boon duration runes were nerfed as well, but only in PvP. They only want it to combat burst damage.

No, I understand that’s probably why it was done. But Shield of Judgement didn’t seem like a major contributor what was broken about bunker guardian. Meanwhile, it greatly reduces the appeal of the shield for other builds.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in Guardian

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

No, I understand that’s probably why it was done. But Shield of Judgement didn’t seem like a major contributor what was broken about bunker guardian. Meanwhile, it greatly reduces the appeal of the shield for other builds.

Oh ok. I agree with you. I never relied on protection from the shield when bunkering, and now the only use for the shield is its knockback.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kashien.6278

Kashien.6278

merciful intervention:

Heals 4x less than what it used to.
IS STILL targeting closest ally. Instead of being centered around the guardian.

Genuine friendship will endure any competition or dispute
Anbringehr-Human Guardian
My Build The Legendary Defender

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

pfft

Still no viable ranged weapon. Pretty sad Anet.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

- “Unblockable” skill facts have now been added to various skills.

Does that mean some skills have been buffed so they can’t be blocked? or skills that where previously unblockable now say so in their tooltip?…

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

Guardians have about 20 bugs.
Arenanet fixed 0.

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kagetsu.4038

Kagetsu.4038

Anyone use staff 4 when channel the skill not healing anymore ? Before patch it does heal me up

in Guardian

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

the channeling needs to end. If you were getting healed during the channeling, check your altruistic healing.

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

This was… disappointing, to say the least.

• The Shield of Judgment change is weird. Shield of Judgment already had a high-cooldown that prevented it from being overly useful. Three seconds of Protection aren’t worth the 30 second (or 24 traited). I’m not saying this will make the Shield obsolete (the knockback on the fifth skill is still worth it), but it is a pretty big blow.
  • Speeding up Orb of Light is a good change, but ultimately does little to solve the overarching problem the Guardian has with fighting at range.
  • The “nerf” of skills (like Empower) only affecting five persons is something I’m kinda okay with. The viability of a skill/professions shouldn’t rely on the number of allies near. Having other people around should make you stronger, but not massively so.
  • Did anyone test out Merciful Intervention? The way it reads now is that it no longer teleports, just creates the healing effect around the Guardian, which is the laziest “fix” ever.

I’m not generally so negative after a patch, but there is very little to be excited about.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

:) lets all roll a mesmer zerg for confusion spike

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: PurebladeProductions.4875

PurebladeProductions.4875

• Did anyone test out Merciful Intervention? The way it reads now is that it no longer teleports, just creates the healing effect around the Guardian, which is the laziest “fix” ever.

The way I read it is that they fixed a possible bug that caused Merciful Intervention to not be instant when traited to be instant, and when you teleport to an ally the healing area is centered around yourself healing all nearby players rather than around the ally you teleported to.

Haven’t tested it in-game yet and have hardly used it though, but that’s how I understood that change.

Pureblade – Maelstrom Warriors [MW] – Gandara (EU)
8/9 Professions, Asura Guardian main.