You now have Access to 25% Movement Speed like the other classes, enjoy :P

Attachments:

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

Any word on if this rune set will be available in sPvP?

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

O.o well um… wow. boon duration, celestial stats, and move speed…. wow

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Recediff.5827

Recediff.5827

finally! my granny will move faster

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Bash.7291

It is currently not available in Spvp, which is odd because it is just a redo of an already existing rune.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Right, so does that mean other classes now have +50% movement speed?

Yay – go Anet

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Bash.7291

Considering no other movement speed bonuses stack, i doubt it, though it would make me cry a little if it did -.-

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Proteus.6320

Proteus.6320

It likely won’t stack.

Kind of lame that to get a passive movement speed bonus guardians have to give up a real dps rune set. I mean, it’s not like I can’t spec full condi bunker and maintain high pressure without sacrificing any bunker stats at all. I mean, it’s not like I have to make sure I spec power/prec/crit damage versus condition, cause itemization punishes condi builds and rewards power builds by saving on 2 entire stats.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

This is a massive upgrade to guardian since they don’t need to use staff anymore.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

I am interested in adding a 3rd 15% boon duration in place of my existing pair of 10% Major Runes. 45% Boon duration .

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Proteus.6320

This is a massive upgrade to guardian since they don’t need to use staff anymore.

No need for staff AND retreat AND SY!. Sure it’s a buff, if you dont mind losing 150 power and 5% crit damage and 10% modifier, but seemingly unlike every single other class we have to give up significant stats otherwise to get what should be a baseline trait or utility.

It’s a giant kitten in the face to guardians once again. We have no viable condi builds to take advantage of superior itemization, we have no mobility unless we spec seriously for it (and nerf ourselves on either condi cleanses or gap closers, such a fun choice to have to make) and now we get the “choice” of getting to “on par” mobility by giving up.:. Yep, you guessed it- even more power.

Gee thanks. How about viable condition builds and a trait for 25% move speed? That would be a good start. Or making toughness reduce condi damage.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Go troll elsewhere.

We all know where you stand: Buff Warriors.

/facepalm

Amins – Guardian

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Whoah, +10 stats and 2% crit damage + 15% boon duration for 2 runes! Worth 100 healing power?

Gate of Madness

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Don’t know if I can justify using this on any of my builds… the opportunity cost is too high for my taste. May at least try it though. Either way, definitely a good option for those who put a premium on base movement speed.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Proteus.6320

Don’t know if I can justify using this on any of my builds… the opportunity cost is too high for my taste. May at least try it though. Either way, definitely a good option for those who put a premium on base movement speed.

For a soldier class without any viable ways of keeping an opponent in range, who has to sacrifice condi removal or gap closers to get said mobility, I’d say base movement speed (for the only class unable to spec to 25% passive increase) should be a huge consideration to ease up on bring kited.

It’s a shame we have been given such a poor “choice”.

How come other classes don’t have to make such an opportunity cost?

(edited by Proteus.6320)

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Bought 36 of them prepatch. Lol

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Christos de Soufre.3802

It is a bit of a bummer that a lot of people will feel “forced” into using them for one reason or another. I may try them just to see what happens, but I feel like the cost is too high, whether it be giving up too much crit/burst on my front-line set or too much sustain on my support/bunker set.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I have them, the +25% run speed is nice.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Guardians need a trait speed buff, not a rune hard to fit in some builds with some useless stats for guardians. We need to sacrifice our runes to gain speed…

Now with this runes, if we dont use it in ours builds, we have very bad times, with more players with +25% movement speed if they use this runes…

Guardians is a melee class almost without decent range weapons and NO TOOLS for keep enemies in melee, a lot vulnerable to inmobilize, chill and cripple spam, and with few gap closer. See the warrior with a lot of cripples, passive movement speed, a lot of gap closer, reduction to inmobilizes and cripples, that work great with a melee class.

We are a static buff tower, we are support for ever. Zerg buffer or hold a possition in a structured pvp mechanic. We can try another ways to play, but with heavy movement difficulties and lack of soft CC.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Any word on if this rune set will be available in sPvP?

Of course not.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Guardians have Mobility now, they just need to sacrifice a little bit to get it.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

YYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Finally got a worth while replacement for Major Runes of Sanc./Water!!!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Bought 36 of them prepatch. Lol

I didn’t know they are available earlier? TP is down so no idea of their cost or it was earlier.

if you don’t use them all…..maybe we can make a deal?

What kind of deal?

A deal deal. maybe he is a republican!

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Hostility.4961

Hostility.4961

Theres Superiour rune of speed with 25% boost in spvp but its bugged not doin anythin.
I got traveler too and the effect feels too good i prolly will never change lol.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Guardians have Mobility now, they just need to sacrifice a little bit to get it.

You mean like sacrificing 30% Boon Duration and 50+Healing…. to get 25% run speed….

RIIIIIGHT.

Go on Troll, move along.

Amins – Guardian

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Not as good as I hoped. Probably just salvage and sell the ones I got from my MF gear. I’m not sure 25% movement speed really helps us anyways.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Those runes are really random now….

Lets give players 15% boon duration. Ok sounds good, now lets give them 10% condition durations! Err what? Now to top it off +30 stats and 6% crit dmg…. I don’t even.

Seriously who designed these? 25% movement speed does sound nice, but definitely not worth it.

It’s just like the new Sigil of Luck. 50% chance to gain a random boon on killing an enemy. Nobody is going to use this!

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: anking.6245

anking.6245

Yeessssssssss.

Finally, I’ll be able to catch things without needing to run staff or Retreat.

(edited by anking.6245)

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Bash.7291

I doubt that nobody is going to use them, for me it allows me to actually move away from shouts for my mobility (finally no retreat!) however with the skyrocket of price, mostly because the stupid TP wouldn’t work for me when it went back up, I will have to save a fair share of gold just to try them out….

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Christos de Soufre.3802

People don’t rely enough on their weapons for mobility. Too much worrying about perma-swiftness and whatnot. I’m pretty sure that I won’t be able to find a use for these new runes. They’ll mostly be for people that can’t get used to taking advantage of leaps/teleports/weapon swapping to staff for their mobility.

As far as mid-combat goes, sPvP arenas are small and your ability to chase shouldn’t need more than mobile weapons to supplement it. Triple or double med is pretty popular there anyway, which often entails at least JI being on the bar. WvW-wise, SY and/or JI in conjunction with any combination of staff, GS, or sword should be sufficient.

The cost is just too high (in my opinion) to settle for such random stat distribution. The only thing these runes are good for are for running away or moving a little faster when you don’t want to run staff for getting around the map. There are better ways to get around being kited. Different weapon choices for one, or subbing in either SY or JI or something (I’ve never run Retreat on my bar for a fight and I still have superb combat mobility).

Random stats + 25% movement isn’t a fix, it’s a crutch. One that you give up either a lot of sustain or a lot of damage potential for. That said, I’m sure there are people who are willing to give up as much as they will for that crutch. Our mobility shouldn’t have to come from runes though. It should come from either traits, utilities, or weapon skills.

Plus, 25% movement speed isn’t going to save you from cripple, chill, or immobilize.

(edited by Christos de Soufre.3802)

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I do agree with what you said Christia but P.E.T.A actually placed a lot of pressure on Arena Net to provide these runes for us. See…..they got a lot of phone calls from the little white creatures that we all like to use to teleport away or towards the front lines of battles. So many parentless baby bunnies, raccoons, and owls shedding tears like rain falling from the heavens. Something had to be done to stop the mindless slaughter!!!!

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

Yeessssssssss.

Finally, I’ll be able to catch things without needed to run staff or Retreat.

THIS -> INSTANT BUY

The staff is still very useful in WvW, but now I don’t feel like I need to take it.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Bash.7291

People don’t rely enough on their weapons for mobility. Too much worrying about perma-swiftness and whatnot. I’m pretty sure that I won’t be able to find a use for these new runes. They’ll mostly be for people that can’t get used to taking advantage of leaps/teleports/weapon swapping to staff for their mobility.

As far as mid-combat goes, sPvP arenas are small and your ability to chase shouldn’t need more than mobile weapons to supplement it. Triple or double med is pretty popular there anyway, which often entails at least JI being on the bar. WvW-wise, SY and/or JI in conjunction with any combination of staff, GS, or sword should be sufficient.

The cost is just too high (in my opinion) to settle for such random stat distribution. The only thing these runes are good for are for running away or moving a little faster when you don’t want to run staff for getting around the map. There are better ways to get around being kited. Different weapon choices for one, or subbing in either SY or JI or something (I’ve never run Retreat on my bar for a fight and I still have superb combat mobility).

Random stats + 25% movement isn’t a fix, it’s a crutch. One that you give up either a lot of sustain or a lot of damage potential for. That said, I’m sure there are people who are willing to give up as much as they will for that crutch. Our mobility shouldn’t have to come from runes though. It should come from either traits, utilities, or weapon skills.

Plus, 25% movement speed isn’t going to save you from cripple, chill, or immobilize.

As I have said before, weapon mobility is great, but the issue is that everyone outside of mes/necro is most likely going to have some sort of swiftness, you can teleport to an enemy all you want, but when they run faster than you right off the bat, you might get 1-2 hits in before your out of range again. You know me well enough to know I try ALOT of builds, and nothing has kept me on a target better than being able to have swiftness, and with these runes, alot of people wont have to worry about it as much.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

we dont need swiftness, we need cripple, or chill, like warrior. +25% passive by trait or utility would be great, we are a melee class without melee tools to keep enemies close to us.

I feel the guardian is so lack of viable spots or ways to play. Guardian need viable spirit weapons, need speed, need soft CC, need condition option and need viable range option too.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: anking.6245

anking.6245

Yeessssssssss.

Finally, I’ll be able to catch things without needed to run staff or Retreat.

THIS -> INSTANT BUY

The staff is still very useful in WvW, but now I don’t feel like I need to take it.

Oh yeah bro, exactly.

I’m sure some minmaxer is sperging over how we’re not optimized for full utility and how wonderful his build is and we’re wasting runes or some baloney- I just bought 6 runes a few hours ago and I’m never looking back, this is freaking awesome!

Even just running through town is so much more enjoyable than it used to be without having to shout all over the place. Sure, my build takes a pretty little hit, bit I’m loving the trade off of not ever having to worry about catching up/running away from as part of my build.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

As much as I would LOVE to have a rune set with 25% runspeed attached, there’s no way in hell I would give up Melandru or Water/Monk for it. There’s way too many far superior runes.

If they rework the 1/3/5 bonuses to something more reasonable then maybe. But as it stands… egh. Nope.

And guys, remember: EVERYONE can use this. Including classes that can already use runspeed bonuses. Now they don’t have to give up utilities for it. In other words, this isn’t going to make you faster – it’s going to make everyone else faster.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

What I was thinking about was 2 water/2 monk/2 traveler’s for boon duration

Gate of Madness

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

As much as I would LOVE to have a rune set with 25% runspeed attached, there’s no way in hell I would give up Melandru or Water/Monk for it. There’s way too many far superior runes.

If they rework the 1/3/5 bonuses to something more reasonable then maybe. But as it stands… egh. Nope.

And guys, remember: EVERYONE can use this. Including classes that can already use runspeed bonuses. Now they don’t have to give up utilities for it. In other words, this isn’t going to make you faster – it’s going to make everyone else faster.

It doesn’t stack with run speed passives. So they will be the exact same speed as they have always been.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

That’s true, but I doubt it will have the impact of a fast burst guardian or mesmer (more so the mesmer). The thought of being unable to juke certain mesmers into allowing me to escape is already sort of terrifying and I won’t be able to experience that till sunday since I’m on vaction.

I plan to throw it on my burst guardian because it synergizes extremely well with her quick and bursty play style while giving me the ability to chase opponents independent of judges intervention status. The loss in damage will be painful but I find she hits slightly harder than necessary anyways. Only problem is because of the boon duration, I can’t decide between smite condition for a little healing, condition removal, and damage on a reasonable CD over save yourselves.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

heh, Bash, wish we had more time to chat! XDD

i’ll definitely be looknig into these as well. but, tbh, if it’s JUST for inscreased movement speed. hmm, it’s a tough call for me. i’ev enver foudn Guardian mobility to be THAT big of a problem. least not in a game breaking sense. although, i will definitely check it out and see how it goes. always up for some fun with new runes / builds. : ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

and this. ^^
if boon duration is yo thing.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Naii.9810

Naii.9810

How much did they cost before? because they’re quite expensive now. Too bad I was stuck in school for half the day.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I’d get the runes of speed.

Vitality + Speed

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

How much did they cost before? because they’re quite expensive now. Too bad I was stuck in school for half the day.

I paid just over 3g per rune a week before the patch and sold 30 of them for just under 5g last night.

I think people should wait to buy them, in a week or two they probabaly will drop in price.

Imo the main interest in them is the 15% boonduration. Having 45% off the bat is pretty nice imo or 15% and 2% critical damage in a dps centric support build.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

and this. ^^
if boon duration is yo thing.

More meat for my zerker killshot sniper , might log
just to mess arround with it.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: LkPr.5014

LkPr.5014

I would LOVE this +25% movement speed (as my other char is a ranger and in comparison my guardian feels sooo slow) however I am wondering if 6 of these runes would be viable with my build…

I currently have full Knight gear with 6x Soldier runes running 0/0/30/30/10 AH and Pure of Voice build. Weapons are both zerker and all my trinkets are zerker (3x ascended, 3x exotics).

Is my build still viable if I just switch out the Soldier runes for the Travellers? I mainly PVE – dungeons, fractals, Living World stuff – rarely do I WvW

Lileath – Day 1 Ranger
Koravin – Guardian
Stormbluff Isle representing GAF

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: SuchosCZ.2167

SuchosCZ.2167

awsome rune for guardians and elementalist. This rune will be more expensive then divinity rune in next 2 weeks

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Hmm…..wonder if this would be worth dropping my soldier runes for….

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

I would LOVE this +25% movement speed (as my other char is a ranger and in comparison my guardian feels sooo slow) however I am wondering if 6 of these runes would be viable with my build…

I currently have full Knight gear with 6x Soldier runes running 0/0/30/30/10 AH and Pure of Voice build. Weapons are both zerker and all my trinkets are zerker (3x ascended, 3x exotics).

Is my build still viable if I just switch out the Soldier runes for the Travellers? I mainly PVE – dungeons, fractals, Living World stuff – rarely do I WvW

just my 2c, but removing 2 conditions per shout is overkill unless you’re into pvp/w3

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: LkPr.5014

LkPr.5014

just my 2c, but removing 2 conditions per shout is overkill unless you’re into pvp/w3

True … which is why i’m thinking I would be better served to use a different set of runes. Using Traveler would cost me 20 Toughness and 135 Vitality but i’m thinking with the improvement of the other stats, I can make most or all of this back by swapping out some zerker trinkets for something that will give me more vitality especially

Lileath – Day 1 Ranger
Koravin – Guardian
Stormbluff Isle representing GAF