+25% Movement Speed

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I use these in my general PVE armor (aka, my “dress armor”) as I spend a lot of time on the champ zergs where falling behind often means you don’t get kill credit or loot boxes.

I had been running my thief but I just prefer my Guardian for everything so I’m in love with these runes. They may not be ideal for special builds or the ultimate min/max zerker but they are great for most PVE content.

Attachments:

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

What I was thinking about was 2 water/2 monk/2 traveler’s for boon duration

and this. ^^
if boon duration is yo thing.

I’m trying it on healway just to be more support. 95% boon duration is kinda neat, haha. I’m usually in a ~5 man group so maybe havin those extra seconds on protection for everyone means something.

Gate of Madness

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Guardians have Mobility now, they just need to sacrifice a little bit to get it.

You mean like sacrificing 30% Boon Duration and 50+Healing…. to get 25% run speed….

RIIIIIGHT.

Go on Troll, move along.

+50 Healing

You mean 20? The new runes give 30 Healing. So you would only be giving up 20.

You also gain
30 Power
6% critical damage
30 Precision
30 Vitality
30 Toughness.
30 Condition Damage.

25% Movement Speed is huge, seeing as now you don’t need to use staff anymore. You can use 2 extra sets of weapons.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

If you run 3x Water and 3x Monk you get 30% boon duration and 150 Healing Power. In some builds that’s going to be a lot more important than the random stats you gain with Travelers. Not to mention all the other commonly used runes like Soldier and whatnot. Traveler’s is not the be-all and end-all either in stats or set bonuses.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I still feel a Signet of Speed would be the way to go. If I want to sacrifice an ability for speed then that is a fair trade off.

Sacrificing so many other things that the runes on armor give you seems a bit unfair. We are already the hardest class to equip.

When they finally update this class, I hope they give us this option.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Daecollo.9578

I still feel a Signet of Speed would be the way to go. If I want to sacrifice an ability for speed then that is a fair trade off.

Sacrificing so many other things that the runes on armor give you seems a bit unfair. We are already the hardest class to equip.

I replaced my thiefs signet with the rune. Utility Slot is worth WAY more then a rune set.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Not sure if anyone has said it, but rune of speed #6 is not working (bugged) at the moment.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Versus ruby orbs, you give up 90 power, 54 precision, and 6% crit damage, but you get +15% boon duration, +10% condition duration, and free up all your utilities for other things. That is not a bad deal.

Plus, I highly doubt any of you ran DPS in the first place, so I don’t know why you are complaining about losing DPS when you had none to begin with.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I replaced my thiefs signet with the rune. Utility Slot is worth WAY more then a rune set.

Yeah but thiefs have so many cool skills. Guardians are on such long CD I would rather have the passive.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

do you know if this 25% movement is cumulative with traits/utilities movement increasers?

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Max movement speed is capped at normal speed +33% either way.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

(edited by Christos de Soufre.3802)

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Yeah but thiefs have so many cool skills. Guardians are on such long CD I would rather have the passive.

Agreed.

do you know if this 25% movement is cumulative with traits/utilities movement increasers?

Nope. The highest take place.

Not sure if anyone has said it, but rune of speed #6 is not working (bugged) at the moment.

Is it really bugged? I was wandering so even without testing… At least I didn’t buy for the 6th rune. Maybe when they fix it, I buy.

Sorry for my english.

(edited by Mikau.6920)

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Daecollo.9578

Its not bugged at all, I use it on my thief

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Those runes are really random now….

Lets give players 15% boon duration. Ok sounds good, now lets give them 10% condition durations! Err what? Now to top it off +30 stats and 6% crit dmg…. I don’t even.

Seriously who designed these? 25% movement speed does sound nice, but definitely not worth it.

It’s just like the new Sigil of Luck. 50% chance to gain a random boon on killing an enemy. Nobody is going to use this!

These are Mesmer runes.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Well I run this now on my DPS guard. Feels pretty good. The minimal i lost was 50 power and 2% Crit damage. I gained Toughness, Vitality, and healing power(small gain but feels balanced out for me) I ran somthing sub optimal like 2 Water runes, 3 Ruby orbs, and 1 beryl. Movement Speed help with keeping up with people using signet somewhat.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

I also have it on my berserker/meditation dps setup and think they are worth the investment on such a build. In a healway or 0/x/30/30/x i wouldnt use them,

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: lmaonade.9207

lmaonade.9207

Those runes are really random now….

Lets give players 15% boon duration. Ok sounds good, now lets give them 10% condition durations! Err what? Now to top it off +30 stats and 6% crit dmg…. I don’t even.

Seriously who designed these? 25% movement speed does sound nice, but definitely not worth it.

It’s just like the new Sigil of Luck. 50% chance to gain a random boon on killing an enemy. Nobody is going to use this!

Yes, they are terrible and overpriced, they’re like Divinity runes but in a different way, more terrible but not quite as overpriced.

Luckily I sold them when the patch first hit for 6.5g per piece, made a nice 50% ish profit off of them.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Proteus.6320

Proteus.6320

Well I personally love them. I view them as an opportunity cost.

For instance on my thief, I could slot scholar, but would need to use the movement signet. If I slot traveler, I can slot the power signet. I actually gain power and other stats, the true opportunity cost was movement speed versus 10% more damage when above 90% hp. So even for my thief its a decent trade off.

For the guardian it’s even more pronounced. The build I normally use for pve already had perma swiftness but had to use retreat+sy!+staff 3. Switching to travelers lets me free up a utility AND a weapon slot. I can slot bane signet, so the opportunity cost again is movement speed vs 10% DMg above 90% hp.

It was well worth the trade off. I can technically get 2 utilities and a different off weapon with my build now that I’m not locked in.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAR8elUgSDHHSMEf4ESmCRCBxUQgZ01DISiaIA-jUCBYfERzUgBiwAjAJxJPDZN9JilhFRjVZDT5iIqWKABFGB-w

triple shout guardians are rejoicing.

as a bonus, i hate staves. i’m finally free to use a medi build that isn’t kitten by staff or a shout for move speed

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Proteus.6320

Proteus.6320

Meh. I feel I don’t need medi heals for pve, for wvwv I run something different in guild runs, typical bunker. For roaming I just use this same build but put on PTV armor with Mel runes.

For everything else I use this build. This builder doesn’t show all the multipliers but it puts out about 33% more damage than the typical builds that don’t get 10/25/x/x/x or 25 virtues, even geared identically. Those damage multipliers add some serious output.

I dropped scholar for travelers.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJARWlYg67WFSIEf4EhNDAawKFx7e4MwYGB-jQCBYfDRj+IaUBBJ5pIaslhFRjVbDT7iIq2oDwImRrWKgRVGB-e

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

right. why use generosity or hydro for pve.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: lmaonade.9207

lmaonade.9207

Well I personally love them. I view them as an opportunity cost.

For instance on my thief, I could slot scholar, but would need to use the movement signet. If I slot traveler, I can slot the power signet. I actually gain power and other stats, the true opportunity cost was movement speed versus 10% more damage when above 90% hp. So even for my thief its a decent trade off.

For the guardian it’s even more pronounced. The build I normally use for pve already had perma swiftness but had to use retreat+sy!+staff 3. Switching to travelers lets me free up a utility AND a weapon slot. I can slot bane signet, so the opportunity cost again is movement speed vs 10% DMg above 90% hp.

It was well worth the trade off. I can technically get 2 utilities and a different off weapon with my build now that I’m not locked in.

you could just swap the staff and “Retreat” out when you’re about to get into combat…

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

It depends on which rune set you are comparing, however, I can 100% agree with that. I bought traveler runes to free up my eles signet. This is such an amazing rune set.

I am a teef
:)

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

foofad.5162

Friendly PSA: Rune of Speed is bugged, 6 set bonus is 5%, not 25%. Traveler functions as advertised.

Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

Wasn’t Rune of Speed the rune set that increased swiftness speed by 5% (33% + 5% = 38%)

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

foofad.5162

That’s what the tooltip said but not how it actually worked. It was a passive 5% bonus.

+25% Movement Speed

in Guardian

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

So instead of “fixing” speed" they just introduced traveler. They shoulda gone the way of wayferer and just took it out.