25% movement speed.

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

Can we have some information from a dev(or if this has been addressed in some obscure post in the past a player with reference to said quotes), about why the Guardian is now the only class not to get this from anything but traveler rune?
I see this being brought up everywhere but i have yet to see the reasoning behind it.

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Trepidation Lost.3469

Daredevil, signet of shadows,(or perma swift hurr-durr)
Reaper, Signet of locust,(or perma swift again….pack runes warhorn)
Warrior(who even plays berserker lol), warriors sprint and signet elite for swiftness
Ele/ tempest now gets perma swift from what ive played/seen and gets signet 25%
Scrapper, perma swiftness is easy to get, 25% mecha legs
Revenant….Shiro, 1200 range teleport every 5 seconds, perma swift from glint and swift spam on elemental f2…
Mesmer, chrono… just chrono…¬_¬
Ranger, easily aqquireable swiftnes through traits and elite skill, also signet…
So why not guardian?

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Mesmer with soi and focus has perma swiftness no need for chrono.

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Guardian also can easily get perma swift. No need for +25%

Fishsticks

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

Easily? How so?

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Sorry, this is the worst argument ever. Yes we can get perma swiftness if we used a loot stick and waste all our utility slots for it. We want 25% movement to actually play content that isn’t a farm train. I have a hard time believing anyone that is ok with that statement actually plays guardian for something outside of world boss trains and shovel farms.

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Trepidation Lost.3469

[quote=5752224;Indure.5410:]

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Trepidation Lost.3469

that moment when you type somthing really long and it comes up as that above gg

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Trepidation Lost.3469

[quote=5753158;Trepidation Lost.3469:]

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Trepidation Lost.3469

“Guardian also can easily get perma swift. No need for +25%”

Yeah good joke mate, let me see you play PvP or WvW smallscale with guardian and get perma swift AND still be effective in combat.
You can’t.
Sources of swiftnes for a guardian:
Sources from weapons:
Staff 3
Issues: staff is kitten .
Sources of swiftness from traits:
none…
Sources of swiftness from skills: (with my boon duri being 30)
Retreat: 27 sec swift, 40 sec cd. also gives aegis, this si crap and not perma.
Save Yourselves: 13 seconds 60 second cooldown
So yeah unless you want to waste 2 utilities on these crappy shouts mate; not to mention having to use shout trait/traitline which is crap. No you cannot have perma swiftness. And the whole point of wanting 25% move speed is so we arnt forced into the rune of traveler, (if youre suggesting pack wune with swift sigil or somthing)

[/quote]

[/quote]

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

Your formatting is borked. It could be as simple as a space that isn’t where it should be. More likely, it’s because one of your brackets isn’t closed.

Now onto the real stuff:
I’ve played Guardian in every game mode since launch. Movement is not a huge issue. However, it’s worth mentioning is an intended weakness of the profession. Just like Revenants with condition removal or Thieves with active defenses, Guardian has a weakness in mobility. However it’s extremely easy for the Guardian to overcome that weakness. Even if you don’t want permanent Swiftness, you only need 75% uptime to equate +25% movement speed. After that, we have all the combat mobility of blinks and to a lesser extent leaps. It’s not as huge of an issue as it’s being made out to be.

Fishsticks

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Well if commanders stat combo was easier to get & on rings guardians could definitely get 100% swiftness up time from going full commander’s/wanderer’s & using either rune of leadership or rune of the pack.

However since commander’s combo stat & rune of leadership are both hard as kitten to get (let alone a full set of them) its unlikely people will get them.

Even if you did you would be giving up all your ferocity to do so.

So ya really at this point having a 25% movement speed effect somewhere would be nice.
(personally I would be all for changing signet of wrath to passively provide it with the active staying as is. With a possible lowering of the CD)

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Trepidation Lost.3469

Your formatting is borked. It could be as simple as a space that isn’t where it should be. More likely, it’s because one of your brackets isn’t closed.

Now onto the real stuff:
I’ve played Guardian in every game mode since launch. Movement is not a huge issue. However, it’s worth mentioning is an intended weakness of the profession. Just like Revenants with condition removal or Thieves with active defenses, Guardian has a weakness in mobility. However it’s extremely easy for the Guardian to overcome that weakness. Even if you don’t want permanent Swiftness, you only need 75% uptime to equate +25% movement speed. After that, we have all the combat mobility of blinks and to a lesser extent leaps. It’s not as huge of an issue as it’s being made out to be.

so youre saying guardians weaknes is that it needs to use travaler rune? i don’t think that’s legit tbh.

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Trepidation Lost.3469

Now onto the real stuff:

so youre saying guardians weaknes is that it needs to use travaler rune? i don’t think that’s legit tbh.

Somthign as big as not having 25% movement speed somewhere is a very big issue when every other class has it. Anet cant implemnent not having this due to it being guardians weakness when there smore than pvp content in the game.
The fact that traveler rune is in the game removes this as their ‘weakness’ its just annoying as all roaming guardians have to use it.
Look at mesmer, they recently got 25% movement, and i bet youd say that movement wa their intended weaknes too with their blinks.

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

Look at mesmer, they recently got 25% movement, and i bet youd say that movement wa their intended weaknes too with their blinks.

I completely agree.
I’ve seen this argument about guardians weakness being slow movement coming up more than once and it doesn’t make sense, every class has at least an option to boost their movement speed without resorting to use traveler runes.
I think we, as guardians, have missed an opportunity with the elite spec and we will have to wait another couple of years for a change about this.

norn warrior

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: ThePaladin.2140

ThePaladin.2140

I use traveler runes JUST because it has 25% movement speed. I’d rather use something more useful like Melandru, Strength or even the new Dragonhunter Runes. But NO, to be able to fight effectively, especially when roaming or just basically getting into the heat of battle, I need the traveler runes. It basically limits my choices especially when everybody and their mommies are outrunning me.

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

CORE Guardian (not DH or any other future elite specs) should have a 25% passive speed increase trait somewhere. This “weakness” not only removes a great deal of fun from the profession, it also greatly limits rune choise in many areas of the game and reduces some potential build diversity for no reason at all.

I’d implement said trait in the virtues line, it makes sense thematically (imo), and most importantly, it seems to be the standard trait line for the vast majority of ‘viable’ guardian builds.

It’d put it in the adept line, along with some other trait effects, Unscathed Contender maybe?

Unscathed Contender: Deal more damage and move 25% faster under the effects of Aegis.

Thoughts?

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

Now onto the real stuff:

I feel like if you can make the argument that lacking 25% movement isn’t that big of a deal, then the counter point, that having 25% movement wouldn’t be a big deal would also hold true.

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Trepidation Lost.3469

Now onto the real stuff:

I feel like if you can make the argument that lacking 25% movement isn’t that big of a deal, then the counter point, that having 25% movement wouldn’t be a big deal would also hold true.

This.

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

CORE Guardian (not DH or any other future elite specs) should have a 25% passive speed increase trait somewhere. This “weakness” not only removes a great deal of fun from the profession, it also greatly limits rune choise in many areas of the game and reduces some potential build diversity for no reason at all.

I’d implement said trait in the virtues line, it makes sense thematically (imo), and most importantly, it seems to be the standard trait line for the vast majority of ‘viable’ guardian builds.

It’d put it in the adept line, along with some other trait effects, Unscathed Contender maybe?

Unscathed Contender: Deal more damage and move 25% faster under the effects of Aegis.

Thoughts?

Problem with that is it negates the swiftness add on a skill like retreat. I bring retreat more for the aegis (because UC) but still I don’t think this is the route to go.

My personal opinion is that they should remove the daze from piercing light and instead put 25% runspeed with the trapper trait. Call it trapper’s agility. It makes the people complaining about DH OP in pvp happy, and makes every guard and their mother happy that we finally get move speed.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Trepidation Lost.3469

Thoughts?

Seen this suggested before, thats pretty limiting still

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

I had a whole large post typed up and it disappeared because of stupid phone stuff, so here’s a summary.

It’s important to make the distinction between Mesmer having 25% movement and Chronomancer having +25%.

Just because not having it isn’t a big deal doesn’t mean having it isn’t a big deal either.

Attaching the movement speed to UC or Piercing Light is definitely not the answer. I think looking towards Mesmer’s Signet of Inspiration as… inspiration is the best bet.

Fishsticks

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Thoughts?

Seen this suggested before, thats pretty limiting still

Well, it’s better than nothing at all. :/

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Trepidation Lost.3469

I had a whole large post typed up and it disappeared because of stupid phone stuff, so here’s a summary.

It’s important to make the distinction between Mesmer having 25% movement and Chronomancer having +25%.

Just because not having it isn’t a big deal doesn’t mean having it isn’t a big deal either.

Attaching the movement speed to UC or Piercing Light is definitely not the answer. I think looking towards Mesmer’s Signet of Inspiration as… inspiration is the best bet.

25% on signet will also be useless.

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcade.8901

Arcade.8901

Yeah, sure, put it somewhere in Writ of Persistence, not a big deal. Or on signet.

But then, people won’t be able to use it as DH medi stuff, so yeah.

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Trepidation Lost.3469

I’d like it as a passive on Shield of courage.
Making it not as good to use it.
Or at least this should be how it works if anet believes that 25% would be too good for guardian (lol anet do u even play the game).

25% movement speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Thoughts?

Problem with that is it negates the swiftness add on a skill like retreat. I bring retreat more for the aegis (because UC) but still I don’t think this is the route to go.

My personal opinion is that they should remove the daze from piercing light and instead put 25% runspeed with the trapper trait. Call it trapper’s agility. It makes the people complaining about DH OP in pvp happy, and makes every guard and their mother happy that we finally get move speed.

i bring retreat because i got rid of staff to use longbow. DPS guardian is more fun anyway. but yeah, now that every class has access to a +25% speed buff except guardians, I wonder why there isn’t one.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.