30 in Virtues?

30 in Virtues?

in Guardian

Posted by: Jonas.9716

Jonas.9716

I like the idea of virtues. I think they’re a neat concept and I like the virtues tree for the most part. I think it could be possible to use a 30 point investment in Virtues to create a build where the empowered virtues let you free up space for other utilities.

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mccoMM9cmbvRmmomRm9MaxxVMabcsa

Purity, Signet of Resolve, and Absolute Resolution should be enough for average condition concerns, but the option still exists to take Pure of Voice should that be an issue. You don’t have Altruistic Healing but the boost to Virtue of Resolve and the ability to make your symbols heal is still there, plus more constant aegises (agei?) that you can adjust to heal yourself on end.

The utilities are more or less up in the air right now. I’m figuring that using various Virtue empowerments (stunbreaking courage for instance) would let you free up utility slots for those favored skills you don’t have room for normally.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I was mainly thinking about PvE when I did this.

30 in Virtues?

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

0/0/10/30/30 is a very powerful build. I’ve actually stopped using Purity against all but the largest of enemy groups, though. I use Pure of Voice and run burn blocks over Purity instead to make up for some missing damage.

I also run Shelter for anti-burst and a shorter CD.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

30 in Virtues?

in Guardian

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

i run 0/0/20/30/20 and its doing well for me so far.

20 – strength in numbers and honorable shield

the other 20 is – master of consecrations and absolute resolution

30 is battle presence, superior aria, and protective reviver

30 in Virtues?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kharel Arhew.1437

Kharel Arhew.1437

I run 0/15/0/30/25 (used to run 0/10/0/30/30, but having VoJ refresh on kill is priceless in PvE, and strong even in WvW). It works amazingly well.

30 in Virtues?

in Guardian

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

The 30 courage group stun break is excellent for dungeoneering and helps increase DPS by reducing the amount of time you’re not attacking the boss because he just group CCed you (aside from its obvious defensive purposes).

30 in Virtues?

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

@kaffal – is is super worth it? i’d imagine the more stun breaks the better in most situations. assuming this works in WvW as well? stun break plus an extra block can help escaping certain sticky situations.

i’ve been debating switching up my build a bit. either to 0/0/20/30/20 or 10/30/30. using runes to max boon duration as well. quick ques – so runes / foods or traits that apply boon duration, how does this apply to specific boon duration? e.g. retaliation from Vengeful trait – which is +25% uptime. does this just add on to say 40% from runes and 30% from traits? with food, that can pretty much mean 100% uptime on it?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall