5 Gambit Help

5 Gambit Help

in Guardian

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

Anyone been able to finish the 5 gambit achievement with guard? Any tips and help are appreciated :c

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

5 Gambit Help

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

5 Gambit Help

in Guardian

Posted by: SpoT.5463

SpoT.5463

bro the 5 gambit achievement requires tier 3 boss.

5 Gambit Help

in Guardian

Charak.9761

Then do it on Deadeye Dunwell, you can negate his one-shot with renewed focus and block heal while bursting him with a medi build

5 Gambit Help

in Guardian

SpoT.5463

this one seems better option :P

5 Gambit Help

in Guardian

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

could you elaborate on how to? Seems blocks dont block the headshot skill ._.

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

5 Gambit Help

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

can’t block or reflect/absorb his projectiles anymore, so just have to time the headshot and dodge it.

Bring teleports and/or scepter to reach him as he moves around, this way you don’t have to navigate through the minefield as much. Just be wary if he is standing too close to one, as you may teleport yourself onto the mine you are trying to avoid.

I actually think I did the 5 gambits on the ooze last year with WoR and spirit shield. Less incoming damage that way.

5 Gambit Help

in Guardian

SpoT.5463

You can just buy ember + mortar, then equip shelter heal, wall of reflection, sanctuary, shield of the avenger.
Use some defensive traits like F2 better healing and whatever u like as long as u survive.
Now with this build you wont die, but there is a small problem with your damage, the way to fix it is poison.
Why poison?
Subject 7 is not easy to kill with frailty because of the huge damage loss, but if it’s poisoned, it wont regen as fast and u will be able to kill it.
The combination that you should use for utilities should be Wall-Sanctuary-Shield of the Avenger.
When u pop Shield of The Avenger, you probably have low hp, so if u can hold it until 1st shield is down, use it after 1st shield vanishes so it will go like that shield→heal(block again) and after your heal shield should pop again.

I hope i helped you. :P

5 Gambit Help

in Guardian

Charak.9761

If you haven’t taken a gnder already I provided a video/build for this purpose that vs. deadeye, you won’t need to dodge the shot either.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardian-Queen-s-Gauntlet-High-Stakes/first#post4072617