50% nerf to Vigor - not Serious?

in Guardian

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

When I read that there was a game wide hard nerf to Vigor, reducing the buff to Endurance gain from 100% to 50% I expected to see a LOT of wailing and moans, especially from guards as it is a further nerf to selfless daring, which has already been hit hard twice, iirc.

But I don’t seem to see any threads about this anywhere.

I thought dodging, with or without a dodge roll effects, was a critical and defining skill in the GW2 Combat system, and that a major nerf to dodge availability would be important. What have I missed?

This based on this quote from the Specialization Changes thread.

•Vigor: Decreased the endurance regeneration rate from 100% to 50%.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/June-23-Specialization-Changes/first

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

probably because it hurts and benefits all classes alike. It does not change the fact htat we have no skill that evades.

If anything I think this guards are hurt less by it in comparison to other classes because we have many other option to avoid single attacks on demand without dodging.

in Guardian

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

In PvE, at least, a lot of our DPS build don’t have access to vigor anyways. So a change like this doesn’t affect us at all.

PvP/WvW will likely see an impact, but as Asmodal mentioned this is a change that’s global to all classes.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Side note: one of the positive changes for the upcoming patch affects Selfless Daring, long overdue I say!!

Selfless Daring: The end of your dodge roll heals nearby allies.
This trait has been un-split and now heals for the same amount in competitive PvP as it does elsewhere in the game.

in Guardian

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

When I read that there was a game wide hard nerf to Vigor, reducing the buff to Endurance gain from 100% to 50% I expected to see a LOT of wailing and moans, especially from guards as it is a further nerf to selfless daring, which has already been hit hard twice, iirc.

But I don’t seem to see any threads about this anywhere.

I thought dodging, with or without a dodge roll effects, was a critical and defining skill in the GW2 Combat system, and that a major nerf to dodge availability would be important. What have I missed?

This based on this quote from the Specialization Changes thread.

•Vigor: Decreased the endurance regeneration rate from 100% to 50%.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/June-23-Specialization-Changes/first

• It’s less obvious than things like reduced damage modifiers.
  • It may hurt, but not more than other classes.
  • Evade-for-days thieves are most impacted.

I’m also curious about how/if the 30% boon duration (or condi duration) we are losing from trait lines will be made up in base stats or if we will need gear to make up the difference. A lot of professions stand to lose there, but not much QQ about it yet.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Guardian

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

I’m also curious about how/if the 30% boon duration (or condi duration) we are losing from trait lines will be made up in base stats or if we will need gear to make up the difference. A lot of professions stand to lose there, but not much QQ about it yet.

I think it’s all about expectations. I expected it to be gone and … well … it is. Considering they do have a few places where they left some in (+20% Boon duration in Nature Magic line of Ranger, for ex.), I’m pretty sure it’s intentional. If you don’t have it now, you won’t have it come Tues.

in Guardian

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

Oh &*%@^%. I forgot/did not consider the 30% boon duration being gone.

And trying to add it back with gear will probably be a total fail, unless there is a dramatic change in boon duration gear choices, like putting it back on Celestial.

Boon Duration was gutted a long while back.
:(