6th rune of the monk and 10% more heals

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Does it increase heals from meditations/AH, regeneration, passive VoJ and food or is it just the heal skill, skill 6?

Would test it myself but i only have 3 runes atm and no plan on doing pve atm.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I honestly don’t recall but was going to check real quick when it hit me…. I just swapped them out last night to try Dolyak runes So, pass by me.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

Here is an ele thread that mentions them: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Aquatic-Benevolence-Research-Notes/first#post3948182

It seems to effect other things besides the number 6 heal.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

Anything that is not self-heal.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Someone mentioned on this forum that the 6th bonus only applies to allies and not the caster ( like Sigil of Benevolence ).

I’ll add it to my list of things to test though

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

didnt work with meditations in spvp. Had the same heal with monk as i did with water. Didnt check VoJ though and i assume its the same with AH.

Spvp might work different from pve/wvw hence the reason i would like to have a test outside of spvp.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucente.5071

Lucente.5071

This effects outgoing heals to allies and does not affect the caster. For example if battle presence heals you for 200hp it will heal allies for 220hp.

Corrupted Moneybagz – Thief / Moneyz – Warrior
[vT] Violent Tendencies

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

This effects outgoing heals to allies and does not affect the caster. For example if battle presence heals you for 200hp it will heal allies for 220hp.

Ok, thx!

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Someone mentioned on this forum that the 6th bonus only applies to allies and not the caster ( like Sigil of Benevolence ).

“Mentioned it”? It’s on the rune description. I don’t know why, but people don’t tend to read the effect properly: “10% Outgoing heal effectiveness TO ALLIES”.

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

“Mentioned it”? It’s on the rune description. I don’t know why, but people don’t tend to read the effect properly: “10% Outgoing heal effectiveness TO ALLIES”.

Except that literally every other skill in the game that mentions allies also affects the caster. Every single one.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

That’s because Anet’s descriptions can be somewhat misleading. Take Altruistic Healing for example. “Applying a boon to allies heals you”, they fail to mention that applying boons to yourself also heals you. There are other instances of this too.

So there’s nothing wrong with being skeptical of descriptions.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Except that literally every other skill in the game that mentions allies also affects the caster. Every single one.

This is a new mechanic they mentioned it in the first stream about the patch that this is something new.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

This is a new mechanic they mentioned it in the first stream about the patch that this is something new.

Then it needs to be reworded to be clear that it doesn’t work like everything else. Not everyone watches the streams.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

And with responses like this i think that you either havent read the tooltips on the guardian skills or you havent understood that most of our skills actually buffs allies and the guardian is an ally in that perspective.

As been said, the issue is that in almost all other cases allies incorporate the guardian. Just read the tooltip on shouts for instance.

Doesnt matter i got one educated answer and that is often enough.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I made that response specifically because I was “educated” enough to read the april feature pack notes further than anything just concerning guardians, despite a guardian being my main.
The devs mentioned that this new effect only affects allies when they were talking about the elementalist trait Aquatic Benevolence (in the notes that is, not the stream), and when they go on about the changes to sigils and runes (they even bolded it in red text if I recall correctly).
As Ozii said, it was also apparently mentioned in the first patch stream for those who prefer streamed notes over normal notes for whatever reason.

Not only that, but this is easily tested in pvp (which you seem to have forgotten about, according to your OP).

It affects healing from regeneration by the way (which I tested in pvp of course).

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

next patch: “Updated guardians to match the skill facts”

Sounds like a worthy FAQ#43 addition

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

It got fairly hostile here, considering this is a thread about party healing, but it looks like we have the answer. With these runes and Sigil of Benevolence, Guards can add 22.5% healing to allies (not yourself), while Eles can do +47.5% with trait and aformentioned gear. I’ll be using such a setup with Battle Presence for mindless fun in wvw.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I made that response specifically because I was “educated” enough to read the april feature pack notes further than anything just concerning guardians, despite a guardian being my main.
The devs mentioned that this new effect only affects allies when they were talking about the elementalist trait Aquatic Benevolence (in the notes that is, not the stream), and when they go on about the changes to sigils and runes (they even bolded it in red text if I recall correctly).
As Ozii said, it was also apparently mentioned in the first patch stream for those who prefer streamed notes over normal notes for whatever reason.

Not only that, but this is easily tested in pvp (which you seem to have forgotten about, according to your OP).

It affects healing from regeneration by the way (which I tested in pvp of course).

This doesn’t change the fact that people don’t need to act like a ‘poo’ head. However, your mileage may vary and its your Karma at the end of the day…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Just great. We’ve already got the PvE ‘leet group and now we’ve got the Educated ‘leet group. As if we didn’t already have enough venom here.

This doesn’t change the fact that people don’t need to act like a ‘poo’ head. However, your mileage may vary and its your Karma at the end of the day…

I see what you did there

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

R u kidding man? Even your “apology” post is insulting and fake. You aren’t sorry, you are just trying to justify your actions.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT