A NET not listening to the complains

in Guardian

Posted by: Red Rojas.1572

Red Rojas.1572

please devs Explaint how is guardian “in a good place” compared to all other classes

condi build MEH
Boons build nerfed
High DPS gotta be very skilled to not die fast
AH,tank, healer, the rest……………………..really…..

claiming to avoid the trinity………

new traits well in my opinion as some other people said some are good BUT as grand master????? for real omg spent all 6 points to get adept class traits……………………………………..

Now really if not devs anyone then compare changes tru time in all classes compared them to guardians and……… come to the conclusion that we are on “a good place”

and explain it to me

don’t get me wrong i love guardian as it is, just like many i figured we can get many cool stuff and make other useless things disappear, and it feels offensive that we get lame traits as grand masters

lastly WHO-EVER convinced devs to try and focus on condi guardian please tell them to stop and focus more on increasing direct damage output or continue and GIVE us more condition and make them trigger faster

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

DPS is risky. Have to say playing it the last month or so has been a blast out in WvW. But it isn’t for everyone and you do die quick if you make a mistake. Very little room for error and this mode does force one to bring their A game.

And what, you don’t like the new master trait Radiant Retaliation?

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

‘We feel that guardian is in a good place as far as balance is concerned’ – nerfs into ground.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

2k+ hours into my guard, was my one and only main until this patch. Switching over to war until changes are made. Am sick and tired of running the same 2 builds.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bloodclot.4896

Bloodclot.4896

YES !! Immolator, EXACTLY.

why say guardians are in a good place (barely) and then hit us with the biggest nerf since the retaliation one, which they have now improved marginally again (nothing like before) if you trait yet more points for it. Why would retaliation scale with condition dmg anyway? My thoughts are that maybe there is a half decent burn / retaliation build in there somewhere but seriously its going to be meh at best and who can be bothered when it means v weak survivability. To confound such a build further many of our traits proc when boons are applied not when conditions are given.

And please people stop it with the extra sigil meaning super guardian nonsense, every class has access to.

On another note, without boon duration many of us are loosing much swiftness, so we either have to break out the staffs or change our runes. This pigeon hole is getting tight, can I have another air hole please.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I think it’s quite a bit of an overreaction to say that we’ve been “nerfed into the ground”. Although, I do agree that the new traits are fairly pointless for the most part, and the devs also probably should’ve released a new rune set that gives boon duration as its primary stat in compensation to not being able to mix-up runes.

Also, yeah, ANet doesn’t tend to react to player feedback very often. They just say “We’re listening but we don’t necessarily agree”, which doesn’t really tell me that they’re actually listening. The last time I saw them actually react on the fanbase was when they buffed the scepter’s projectile velocity a bit (after like months and months of complaints from players).

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

What we really need is Warrior Hit points and Warrior Heal Signet.

What we need is to be Warriors.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Guardian

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

Wasn’t guardian placed last on the CDI vote? To be honest, I mostly don’t agree with players suggestions — they are often absurd. Hence my signature.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

in Guardian

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

Guardian hasn’t been nerfed, at-least from a wvw perspective (the only one I can provide), guardians are actually in a better position in wvw now, yes we got kitten all this recent content update, all the new traits are useless, but every other profession has been brought down onto level playing field, warriors are new beatable, as are engineers etc etc, to me, the game feels a lot more balanced, and overall I’m happy with the changes, there’s always going to be some issues, as with every profession, but overall I’m happy, and ain’t feeling this nerf everyone keeps mentioning

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

warriors are new beatable

I stopped after reading this.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Guardian

Noble.2670

Try running the 0/0/30/20/20 med build, make sure you dodge the eviscerate and keep a stun breaker free drop purity for merciful intervention for the extra 2k heal, if there running axe burst as many are now and the signet that makes move unblock able save renewed focus until they pop, there usually try to burst then, just go invun and kite best you can, it’s a hard fight buts it’s winnable now,

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Guardian

Posted by: xFx.3247

xFx.3247

twisted fate, did you just say “kite best you can”? hehe

in Guardian

Noble.2670

Yer aha, I use “swift Moa feather” in the place of oil, only 30s off the tp, vital when roaming tbh, if not next option would be to leap of faith away, or target a mob and port :P

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

To be fair, it’s a good thing they don’t listen to most of the complaints on this forum site as too many of them are myopic and balance the game around themselves. Problem is when people start passing their experiences off as fact, and thus stuff contradicts. Who do you follow anyways? Of course, the people that know what they’re talking about. Of course, that’s another problem— how do you judge that?

And it requires knowledge of more than one class too. For example, can a necromancer complain that their previous GM trait dhumfire was weak, because engineers can get the same effect on a master level trait? No. Or how about Engineers need to invest 30 trait points into endurance regen while rangers get it for 5? But if you had no idea about either class, then you’d say a lot of crap that should be rightfully ignored. And I see a lot of that when people make comparison. They have no idea about the other class they’re talking about— or the one they’re actually playing.

Oh hell. Why do Rangers get free regen and it wasn’t touched, while guardians were? Nerf rangers too plz!

Anet DOES listen to complaints. Just not most of them. I am dead certain the Death Magic tree renovation for the necromancer was almost completely player inspired. (It got revamped just yesterday). But that took ages, and the effect was wonderful. The class is still garbage in pve though, so sometimes I sort of have to laugh when people always claim the grass is greener on the other side.

Of course, this isn’t to defend Anet at all. It’s clear they don’t understand the meta enough and would rather nerf it than do anything. It’s up to you to paint a picture of how the game actually plays and present the concept to them instead of piling on a list of demands so you can 1111 harder.

And if you don’t like it, well, there’s 7 other professions to play. As well, as other games.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Guardian

Posted by: xFx.3247

xFx.3247

That’s nice but warriors and guardians OO?

Edit@Archon:
Are you saying that there is no dev that actually play a guardian or what?

(edited by xFx.3247)

in Guardian

Noble.2670

To be fair, it’s a good thing they don’t listen to most of the complaints on this forum site as too many of them are myopic and balance the game around themselves. Problem is when people start passing their experiences off as fact, and thus stuff contradicts. Who do you follow anyways? Of course, the people that know what they’re talking about. Of course, that’s another problem— how do you judge that?

And it requires knowledge of more than one class too. For example, can a necromancer complain that their previous GM trait dhumfire was weak, because engineers can get the same effect on a master level trait? No. But if you had no idea about either class, then you’d say a lot of crap that should be rightfully ignored. And I see a lot of that when people make comparison. They have no idea about the other class they’re talking about— or the one they’re actually playing.

Anet DOES listen to complaints. Just not most of them. I am dead certain the Death Magic tree renovation for the necromancer was almost completely player inspired. (It got revamped just yesterday). But that took ages, and the effect was wonderful. The class is still garbage in pve though, so sometimes I sort of have to laugh when people always claim the grass is greener on the other side.

^this

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Guardian

ArchonWing.9480

That’s nice but warriors and guardians OO?

Edit@Archon:
Are you saying that there is no dev that actually play a guardian or what?

By the way they added the traits, I’m convinced that they don’t actually play many classes. At least in a difficult environment.

On the other hand, I have seen real anet tags that are guardians and actually weren’t terrible, so that leads me in a state of confusion or they have some secret meta build that remains hidden.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

in Guardian

Noble.2670

I don’t really understand what they was going for with the new traits ethier, we’ll i do, but they seem to have no idea how it synergises (is that the right word?:l) with the other trait lines, but the answer to this is simple, don’t use the new traits, so we have no new tools to mess about with like the other professions, I still feel effective without them, as I stated before, overall I’m happy with the changes, not just with guardians, but every profession

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Hate to look at it this way but could it be that the player base is the ignorant one here?

I don’t believe so because there are some pretty solid players that provided builds, different builds, and some facts behind the numbers. Is this one of those moments that we just need more time to play or have people show their cards?

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

ArchonWing.9480

Hate to look at it this way but could it be that the player base is the ignorant one here?

I don’t believe so because there are some pretty solid players that provided builds, different builds, and some facts behind the numbers. Is this one of those moments that we just need more time to play or have people show their cards?

Perhaps the player base could be ignorant, but the developers have to be held to a higher standard— and thus they can’t afford to be ignorant as the player base. So, that’s why complaints need to be filtered.

I would definitely say that any game that gets played to a hardcore level has a player base whose combined knowledge is far superior to the developers could possibly imagine. Of course, said knowledge is very top heavy— the really good players who are able to conceive of and execute good builds have most of the knowledge, while many people simply aren’t and just don’t know what they’re talking about, merely copying the builds they see without really knowing how it works.

It’s a kind of arrogance that goes both ways. Players think the developers can’t see something that obvious, and the developers think that gamers are too tunnel-visioned and that’s not the kind of game they want.

This is why I said (and I will probably post something similar elsewhere), it is important to conceptualize how gameplay works WITHOUT passing some kind of assessment because when you engage in too much of the later, we simply cannot weed out the L2p issue. On the other hand, if one class needs to l2p and another doesn’t, then at the very least there’s some kind of comparison to be made.

It’s also why I used the necromancer Death Magic trait tree as an example, because I actually saw how constructive posts were being used— the suggestions weren’t taken directly, but it’s clear how some of the concepts were taken to make these changes. In essence, Anet developers were able to establish how the necromancer was played somewhat, after L2P. So that took like a year and a half to get rid of the much hated re-animator trait, if some perspective is needed.

And at the same time, it’s also certain from my view that Anet’s concept of guardian gameplay has not coincided with the same level of reality and no kicking and screaming will change this. What I mean is that things have to be seen eye to eye— otherwise it’s like Anet is playing one game, and we are playing another.

So back to your original question. I think we could wait to see how these changes settled, but on the other hand, the stagnant vision of the class means that regardless, there is an issue somewhere. Consider that the guardian ability to combat conditions has not improved significantly over time, yet condition application and damage has only gone stronger. The ferocity change has only widened the gap. As you can see, my observation has nothing to do with what I want or am annoyed by. Now I know this kind of argument has been put forth, but how often has it been put together in a more fair tone that isn’t screaming at Anet to fix it tomorrow?

Filtering out the noise is very difficult. These forums can often get very toxic, and although I think a business that works with the public must have a thick skin, there’s just some communication that works more than others. From what I’ve seen, it appears they do care, although the manner they go about it is well, to put it lightly, extremely cautious and occasionally stubborn.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)