A new idea for a Guardian grandmaster trait?

in Guardian

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

It seems that its been generally agreed that the new Honor grandmaster trait we’ll be getting is kind of meh, so…

Why don’t we come up with some ideas on what to replace it with?

I’ll start.

Energizing Strike

Each time you perform a critical hit, you restore the Endurance of up to 5 allies (yourself included) within 600 range to you by a set amount.

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Something that let’s burning crit.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

It seems that its been generally agreed that the new Honor grandmaster trait we’ll be getting is kind of meh, so…

I’ll start.

Energizing Strike

Each time you perform a critical hit, you restore the Endurance of up to 5 allies (yourself included) within 600 range to you by a set amount.

Maybe it could give vigor to allies, but not restore an amount. That’d be OP if you have multiple guards spamming crits. Even if you put a CD on it, I think its not good. I prefer the burning crit concept more or something that can boost burning dps further.

in Guardian

Posted by: boxerfanboy.7843

boxerfanboy.7843

Since honor deals with symbols how about

Cast time for hammer’s symbol of protection reduced. I always felt like the guardians hammer abilities were too slow. This way a guardian can constantly apply protection for more survivability.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Personally I would’ve just liked something like the eles got. Would’ve fit perfectly into honor.

Not appropriate for honor.

Cast time for hammer’s symbol of protection reduced. I always felt like the guardians hammer abilities were too slow. This way a guardian can constantly apply protection for more survivability.

If any weapon is gonna get an upgrade in honor, it’d be the staff or the mace.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kibbles.9813

Kibbles.9813

This way a guardian can constantly apply protection for more survivability.

If you trait for Symbol Duration this is already the case.

Kynn Snagtooth [TCFM] – Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Want to make it a little better add -condition duration(10-20% sounds reasonable) to the 3k health trait, or make it active mitigation meaning you’d have to do things to have that -condition duration.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Whenever you heal another ally, both you and the ally receive -3%(?) Condition Duration and 35(?) Healing Power. Stacks up to 5(?) times. Duration: 10 seconds(?).

Obviously this couldn’t count for Writ of the Merciful or Battle Presence.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Xae Isareth.1364

Personally I would’ve just liked something like the eles got. Would’ve fit perfectly into honor.

Not appropriate for honor.

If any weapon is gonna get an upgrade in honor, it’d be the staff or the mace.

Yeah, the ele GM trait would’ve been perfect, and the guardian trait wouldve been perfect for eles lol.

A guardian running 30 honor really doesn’t have that much of a problem staying alive, whilst eles could use some more HP.

in Guardian

Xae Isareth.1364

Whenever you heal another ally, both you and the ally receive -3%(?) Condition Duration and 35(?) Healing Power. Stacks up to 5(?) times. Duration: 10 seconds(?).

The duration would have to be a lot longer. For that trait to be useful as a GM, your party wouldve have to be dying left right and centre, and you would have to be pretty much doing nothing but resing.

in Guardian

Xae Isareth.1364

I’ll start.

Energizing Strike

Maybe it could give vigor to allies, but not restore an amount. That’d be OP if you have multiple guards spamming crits. Even if you put a CD on it, I think its not good. I prefer the burning crit concept more or something that can boost burning dps further.

A DPS increasing GM would be much better in Radiance or Zeal though. Honor is all about survivability and support.

in Guardian

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

The duration would have to be a lot longer. For that trait to be useful as a GM, your party wouldve have to be dying left right and centre, and you would have to be pretty much doing nothing but resing.

I’m talking about healing not ressing.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: toaster messiah.7320

toaster messiah.7320

The new trait is fine as it is. It is a good alternative for people who want to invest in that trait line but do not want any supportive traits. If you’re running a more ’’selfish’’ build, this is a trait to go. Not everybody runs the shout build, you know.

3k health is not irrelevant. Every bit of extra health you get from traits give you the opportunity to invest more in ‘’dps stats’’ if that’s your thing. Plus, low hp pool is one of the cons of guardian and people who are trying to balance out dps, support and tank roles in one build should really appretiate this new trait, because having a maxed out Honor is still not really enough hp for those types of builds.

The problem with this trait is that’s reaaaaaly boring. It’s uninteresting to see ‘’You get 300 Vitalty’’ in a trait’s text-box. Different and more interactive mechanics would make it more fun.

I also have one more things to say for everyone complaining about new stuff all the time:
Whenever we get something new, you always assume that it’s gonna be a better version of what you’re using right now, and you’ll have to change into it and it’s gonna suck for you. NO… They are simply giving you a new choice for that slot. If it’s not your thing, dont use it, stick to whatever you’re using and move on.