A try at roaming Guardian build - thoughts?

in Guardian

Posted by: frediiiih.2536

frediiiih.2536

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUEQNAR8dlYgqCHFSOEfIFhVBAWVIeYPwYG74lCHmQA-jUDBYLBCfBmEAi+AgKAO5RQMBSZtMsIasKdC1qFYqSJyjLQeDLrWKAWFGB-w

The idea behind this build is roaming. So basicly, it is oriented, at least from my poor game knowledge point of view, for 1v1 or 1v2 (it’s not 1v2 if you wipe one fast!). It is in now way meant to be viable in a huge zerg fights or any kind of fights where you’d expect a Guardian to survive.

Note that I haven’t tried the build or anything, but here’s what I was aiming for :
Mitigate damage via skills to make up for the lack of suvivability while keeping high DPS and decent defense.

The build basicly has 3 blinds, 4 on-command blocks, 1 block every 40 seconds, 1 block once at 50% health, 2 conditions removed every 10 seconds, 1 condition removed from shout (2 shouts), 2 stun breakers and finally you can evade 3 times in a row with the GS’ energy sigil. It can also apply 2 long duration burns, which amplifies the damage dealt, from traits. It also has decent gap closers (3 + 1 soft CC ; GS#5).

I guess we could lose “Retreat!” in profit of “Save Yourselves!” to make use of the boon duration, maybe is it only be preferences at this point tho. Not to forget the 25% speed buff for the roam idea of the build!

As I’ve said, I did not test this, but I believe that if used correctly, you can block/blind/evade most of the damage in a 1v1 and kill your target with your high damage output.

This is only “theorycrafting”, but I am curious about what you guys think about it. I may have missed out on something, feel free to point out what’s bad/good/etc.!

(edited by frediiiih.2536)

in Guardian

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

I would take Renewed Justice instead of Strength in Numbers, since you have Fiery Wrath in there, regardless of the Smoldering Sigil & Condition Duration. Or if you want to keep the Valor points then Retributive Armor instead. I just don’t think you’re going to get much mileage out of SiN in a roaming build, or most builds for that matter.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Guardians can potentially roam, however to get to an effective level of roaming you`d best play another class.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Usually I use a mace/sheild and staff version of the Healway Guardian to roam with my guildies thieves.

I also had luck with 0/30/30/5/5. Inscribed signets, Monks Focus. GS – mace or scepter/focus or shield. I switch he second weapon around a lot.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

There is no such thing as a roaming guardian, any remotely competent thief, Mesmer and necro will wipe the floor with you and you will NOT be able to escape any zergs or even a 1v4 gankbang.

In short, unless you are happy solo clearing the 2 supply camps close to your BL waypoint, I would try a different class. Heck now even a warrior is much much better at roaming than a guard. You should stick to front lining in zergs tbh

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

That’s not true Hunter.

The problem lies in the fact that our highly mobile, survivable roaming build requires time to take down the enemy, which more often than not another 1-2 individuals come blazing in… and you have to escape.

Variations of the Healway (x/x/x/30/20) work very well and will excel if you have a partner.

Here’s the build I’ve been using lately: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUIQNAsdRlYgiCnFyKEf4ES2jVCBVQsHYUF1RXFUIA-jkDBoNCiUgAUDIEEY0HRM7ZIrJQRsCqIasqaER1qGYWdAmzR2iOpuEYyAwsAA-w

EDIT: Granted, I’m sporting the Guard Buff so add on an additional 2500 hps =]

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

We have gone over the fact that unless the enemy is brainless enough to attack you through retaliation (which is where most of your dmg is coming from) you won’t be even able to scratch most classes’ sustain

in Guardian

Amins.3710

We have gone over the fact that unless the enemy is brainless enough to attack you through retaliation (which is where most of your dmg is coming from) you won’t be even able to scratch most classes’ sustain

If you think that’s where most of your damage is coming from, then I implore you to try the build because, that’s definitely ~not~ what I find.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

There is no such thing as a roaming guardian, any remotely competent thief, Mesmer and necro will wipe the floor with you and you will NOT be able to escape any zergs or even a 1v4 gankbang.

Why would you say this? Playing a thief, mesmer, or necro does not mean you will win every fight. That is just plain silly. Give the healing build a try and I think you would be amazed at what it can do solo to include fights being out numbered. I know I have and don’t see a issue with it. Heck, look at the post here and his videos…

Some classes do have a easier time getting away or playing solo such as a thief I’ll give you.

In short, unless you are happy solo clearing the 2 supply camps close to your BL waypoint, I would try a different class. Heck now even a warrior is much much better at roaming than a guard. You should stick to front lining in zergs tbh

I must be one of the few happy doing this. Here is how I look at it. Play what is fun. The more you play and the better the feel of the class you are playing, mix up the dps and survival gear to comfort level.

I’ll say this. There are people on this forum who I’d bet you 100g can play their guardian, solo, naked, and come out on top of a fight. Sometimes skill overcomes everything else. Please note I don’t put myself into this category.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Relentliss.2170

I really don’t think we are that great 1v1 any more. But roaming with a high dps class is great. You provide the support that they need to take on other small groups. For that I really like the Healway.

I am not sure I can beat anyone with a Healway, but I can definitely take on a couple of attackers and frustrate them tremendously, while my buddies take them out with their dps.

For a DPS spec, your best to find someone not quite at full health and then try to down them with Whirling Wrath and JI. Let’s face it not all servers are equal, if you play in Tier 1 you know that most people are pretty tanky and unless you get really lucky your not going to dps them down in any build. The PVT armorer in that tier is wore out from all the labor. Also, there are huge zergs roaming around all the time and avoiding them is pretty frustrating. And last I checked I didn’t have stealth. You’d have more fun joining the Mele train.

Step down to T2 and beyond and people are often a lot squishier and some of our DPS and hybird specs work. Playing on JQ and saying spec X Y Z won’t work because SoR and BG are all running tank builds is probably true. But drop down into T2 or beyond and a lot fo those builds work a lot better.

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

I have played both Chris’ and stunningstyles AH version of healway and I can tell you that the only players you will be able to kill are the mediocre ones. It goes without saying a S/D thief will tear you apart. So will a necro (they kitten everyone tbh) as well a mes.

Most videos display 1 sided fights vs non exotic/ascended opponents and give a wrong idea of the build and general status of this class. From roaming on my thief I can tell you guards are the next easiest thing after an ele to taking down

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

For a DPS spec, your best to find someone not quite at full health and then try to down them with Whirling Wrath and JI. Let’s face it not all servers are equal, if you play in Tier 1 you know that most people are pretty tanky and unless you get really lucky your not going to dps them down in any build. The PVT armorer in that tier is wore out from all the labor. Also, there are huge zergs roaming around all the time and avoiding them is pretty frustrating. And last I checked I didn’t have stealth. You’d have more fun joining the Mele train.

Step down to T2 and beyond and people are often a lot squishier and some of our DPS and hybird specs work. Playing on JQ and saying spec X Y Z won’t work because SoR and BG are all running tank builds is probably true. But drop down into T2 or beyond and a lot fo those builds work a lot better.

See, that isn’t a build issue though, thats an anti-blob issue. I have to agree that roaming isn’t that much fun in T1, but that is because 5 seconds into a good fight, the zerg comes rolling through. Annoyingly, it is something guardians have to deal with, but I think alot of it is really just situational awareness. knowing when/how to ditch a fight, and where to fight is alot more important to us because we don’t have things like stealth, and also require use of extra “mechanics” (bunnies) to move quickly. The only issue with fighting someone tanky, is the increased risk that comes with the amount of time it takes to kill them, not generally the actual difficulty of killing them, as most of the more tanky builds are going to be group designated anyways, and suffer if you catch them solo.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

Solo Roaming is a tough one on T1 because most people are in groups or a zerg and even if you find a 1vs1 chances are someone else is going to walk past and kill you. Which is why you’ve got to be aware of everything, Leave options open for escape and kill the bugger as quickly as humanly possible.

I usually wander around with my friend who is an engineer and we usually creep around enemy zergs killing anyone who seems ‘Vulnerable’ Together we can drop your average warrior in less then 2 seconds then disappear into the distance before anyone knows what’s happened.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

in Guardian

Bash.7291

I have played both Chris’ and stunningstyles AH version of healway and I can tell you that the only players you will be able to kill are the mediocre ones. It goes without saying a S/D thief will tear you apart. So will a necro (they kitten everyone tbh) as well a mes.

Most videos display 1 sided fights vs non exotic/ascended opponents and give a wrong idea of the build and general status of this class. From roaming on my thief I can tell you guards are the next easiest thing after an ele to taking down

So we should take a random opinion that has no poof backing it up, against a possibly biased video. Yeah, sounds like a great idea :P

Kidding aside, it is a rather pointless and tasteless claim to say that everyone must fight mediocre enemies just because they win. Who is to say that you don’t on your thief? Your personal experience does not mean it is an absolute, if it worked that way then I could argue that I personally don’t have any issues with thieves, so therefore you must be play against mediocre people.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

Idk what you guys on about but when I solo roaming thieves always run away from me

Roleplayer.

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

D/D thief mechanics are as predictable as it gets. For an example one tired to down me yesterday and I could tell exactly where he was when he entered stealth and I doubt he was expecting to be hit for 8K by my whirling Wrath. S/P Thieves are the ones to watch out for from now on as they are extremely fun to fight against and one mistake leaves you in a world of pain.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

in Guardian

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

I admire the attempt but other classes will just do the solo roam thing far better. Warriors, Thieves, Mesmers are the standouts, 2 because they have stealth and the warrior because of insane mobility with greatsword to escape greater numbers.

For dueling out behind the windmill it looks pretty solid, although recently ive been finding no matter what i do, Warriors win. It’s only a matter of time until that skull crack lands with your stun breakers down and you eat 100 blades, or they go the sword/sword for impale/flurry and lowbow stack crazy conditions on you build. Or a Necro convert your boons to conditions and laugh …. or a Perplexity Engineer … or a condi/stealth mesmer ……

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

I admire the attempt but other classes will just do the solo roam thing far better. Warriors, Thieves, Mesmers are the standouts, 2 because they have stealth and the warrior because of insane mobility with greatsword to escape greater numbers.

For dueling out behind the windmill it looks pretty solid, although recently ive been finding no matter what i do, Warriors win. It’s only a matter of time until that skull crack lands with your stun breakers down and you eat 100 blades, or they go the sword/sword for impale/flurry and lowbow stack crazy conditions on you build. Or a Necro convert your boons to conditions and laugh …. or a Perplexity Engineer … or a condi/stealth mesmer ……

Yet none of these seem to make any difference to the “Bash guardian”! The audacity some people have….heh

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Yet none of these seem to make any difference to the “Bash guardian”! The audacity some people have….heh

About as audacious as ignoring request for proof of stated points. The nerve of some people!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

About as audacious as ignoring request for proof of stated points. The nerve of some people!

You mean everyone crying OP at warrior and condi engie is not enough for you?

Im sorry im not gonna stream or make videos just to feed yours or anyone’s ego on these forums.

in Guardian

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

In fact I am looking for a real valid roaming build for guardian as well, but I didn’t find any.
The fact is — when I use my ranger/warrior to roam in WvW, the best target is guardian, smply becoz I will NEVER EVER die at least, and it’s truth that I was NEVER EVER killed by any guardian 1v1 in WvW.
Have to say (at least now): guardian is not for roaming in WvW.

(edited by CRrabbit.1284)

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

You mean everyone crying OP at warrior and condi engie is not enough for you?

Im sorry im not gonna stream or make videos just to feed yours or anyone’s ego on these forums.

In all honesty, I could care less about your unsubstantiated claims or Bash’s. But I do think it’s funny when you make jabs at someone and ignore their responses to your previous jabs.

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

In fact I am looking for a real valid roaming build for guardian as well, but I didn’t find any.
The fact is — when I use my ranger/warrior to roam in WvW, the best target is guardian, smply becoz I will NEVER EVER die at least, and it’s truth that I was NEVER EVER killed by any guardian 1v1 in WvW.

Look at any of the builds here in this forum, there are several that support a roaming Guardian. There is no set built that will work for roaming, it really comes down to your comfort level. Honestly, it is that simple. Comfort.

I have three different builds I use. The go-to which is the healaway. Plain and simple it works. It works when I’m in a small group, pug, or even zerg. If I go solo, then I can handle my own against any, yes any, other class. It may be slow going or even a draw, but the fight is a equal one regardless and I have a chance to win.

Then there is my dps build which offers no support, very selfish, and weak in regards to the amount of damage “I” can sustain. When I’m out solo in this build it really is a matter of reaction time if truth be told. Why? Because I ignore everything for damage, has much as I can within gear and skill constraints, to take the other person out. Usually 2 v 1 isn’t going to come out with me on top. However, it will usually end up with one of the 2 going down…

Then there is the other build which is a hybrid of the two using AH and Hammer. It is based off another sticky up top using knights gear. It too works solo or zerg.

There you have it. 3 distinct builds for solo roaming that others have tested, debated, offered up, posted videos, etc. They work. Just how much is based on each of our own skills. Mine is so so.

Yours may be better so good luck.

in Guardian

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

You know the key problem is the purpose of roaming.
I didn’t see any guardian DPS build have any chance to guarantee (or at least >50% chance) a kill VS any roamer (sometime not even a bunker build for certain classes) 1v1. Yes you can get OP’s 1/2 HP down really quick but that’s it, he just escape a little then come back. I didn’t see guardian has the ability to chase OP down.
For a long fight, yes a bunker guardian can last long enough till support coming, but if the OP’s support comes 1st, I didn’t see any chance a guardian can escape.
Then a guardian can neither kill nor escape. Then why roam as a guardian?

Look at any of the builds here in this forum, there are several that support a roaming Guardian. There is no set built that will work for roaming, it really comes down to your comfort level. Honestly, it is that simple. Comfort.

I have three different builds I use. The go-to which is the healaway. Plain and simple it works. It works when I’m in a small group, pug, or even zerg. If I go solo, then I can handle my own against any, yes any, other class. It may be slow going or even a draw, but the fight is a equal one regardless and I have a chance to win.

Then there is my dps build which offers no support, very selfish, and weak in regards to the amount of damage “I” can sustain. When I’m out solo in this build it really is a matter of reaction time if truth be told. Why? Because I ignore everything for damage, has much as I can within gear and skill constraints, to take the other person out. Usually 2 v 1 isn’t going to come out with me on top. However, it will usually end up with one of the 2 going down…

Then there is the other build which is a hybrid of the two using AH and Hammer. It is based off another sticky up top using knights gear. It too works solo or zerg.

There you have it. 3 distinct builds for solo roaming that others have tested, debated, offered up, posted videos, etc. They work. Just how much is based on each of our own skills. Mine is so so.

Yours may be better so good luck.

(edited by CRrabbit.1284)

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Maybe I’m late to the party then because the way it typically works when I roam:

1. I win
2. I die
3. I get destroyed
4. Draw – we party up, bs a bit, then go about our way, some times friend one another
5. I can’t stress this enough – I NEVER CHASE
5.a. they get away
6. I hold out until help arrives

For me the purpose of roaming is:
1. Challenge and fun
2. Time constraint – I have limited time and don’t want to find a party or zerg
3. No one is on within guild to roam with
4. Finishing up daily – I will hunt vet points, supply camps, and tackle yaks (P.E.T.A hates me!)

There have actually been a few times whereas all servers zergs are balled up and left me time to take a camp, drop a catapult along side a wall, run to camp 4 times for supply, build it, and actually knock out a wall when help finally comes to take tower. That to me is fun, and playing hide and seek from the zergs or duo’s out.

The only problem with this game is that there is really nothing to show for solo or single contribution. That my fellow guardian, is what irks me to no end…

in Guardian

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

I think Ele is an easier target than Guardians, the class is a laughable joke really, they are just badge vending machines, and have very little mobility outside their initial cooldowns(ride the lightning).

Glass cannon Guardians can do good damage, but they end up with 12-13k HP’s, admittedly they still have heavy armour unlike Ele’s but once SY’s goes down you better get the kitten out of dodge.

Compare this to zerker warriors with 20k HP’s heavy armour and a signet that heals for over 400hp’s a tick and incredible mobility with greatsword(best easy access mobility in the game).

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in Guardian

Bash.7291

/sigh love the attack regarding my apparent “OMG GUARDIANS ARE #1 ROAMERS LAWLS” that you seem to have picked out of thin air. I never said guardians are the best roamers, in one of my posts I said you have to be extremely aware of your current situation, and of that around you due to lack of escape, and in the other post I pointed out that you made a baseless statement essentially saying that any guardian that says they are good are only playing against “mediocre” players that are either up-leveled or not even wearing exotics.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Guardian Roamers are Master Ambient Killers.

nuff said about our mobility.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Maybe I’m late to the party then because the way it typically works when I roam:

1. I win
2. I die
3. I get destroyed
4. Draw – we party up, bs a bit, then go about our way, some times friend one another
5. I can’t stress this enough – I NEVER CHASE
5.a. they get away
6. I hold out until help arrives

For me the purpose of roaming is:
1. Challenge and fun
2. Time constraint – I have limited time and don’t want to find a party or zerg
3. No one is on within guild to roam with
4. Finishing up daily – I will hunt vet points, supply camps, and tackle yaks (P.E.T.A hates me!)

There have actually been a few times whereas all servers zergs are balled up and left me time to take a camp, drop a catapult along side a wall, run to camp 4 times for supply, build it, and actually knock out a wall when help finally comes to take tower. That to me is fun, and playing hide and seek from the zergs or duo’s out.

The only problem with this game is that there is really nothing to show for solo or single contribution. That my fellow guardian, is what irks me to no end…

Well said, very well said. The issue with any guardian roaming discussion is that some of the people here seems to want to play Guardians like assassins. Theft will by definition be a better assassin than a Guardian. If this is not the case then Anet seriously failed its job.

A lot of people who plays Guardian, because it fits the hero type portrayed in main stream media. They defend, they help others, and if they have to they can deal a lot of pain. But by nature they don’t chase down the fleeting opponent and kill them in cold blood. Also as a duelist, it is technically a win, if your opponent run away from you. Guardian is certainly effective solo with the exception of chasing. If you want to run away, just choose a nord.

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I’m like Crapgame here. Rule #1 is never chase. My rule #2 is don’t get caught up in the enemby zerg train that’s on the railroad you’re standing on.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Try Christos’ healway build. He seems quite successful.

Also, the build does not necessarily make you a successful roamer, it takes a bit of luck, player skill, playstyle, equipment, and knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your build … and more importantly, when to fight and when to simply hightail it out of ….

in Guardian

Posted by: Vet.3726

Vet.3726

I would have to disagree with this as i have no problem getting away from most zergs and most of the time i solo roam Mes are easy if you use Staff / GS

DOED PvP Organizer on Ehmry Bay
Urbano / Techthis / Thymist / Raidernat
Guard 80 / Engi 80 / Thief 71 / Guard 80

in Guardian

Relentliss.2170

I would argue that the game design is kinda flawed. If everyone had Ranger’s base health, the weak classes would surivive better and the tankiest classes wouldn’t be so overpoweringly strong. It’s just that simple really. The classes that are complaining most have low health and only one or two real roles. Those that are quite happy have high.

Mesmer and Thief are a bit of a different kettle of fish as they have survivability through their stealth and inv and that is a bit harder to measure. Skilled players are nearly unkillable and unskilled ones are a joke. You can put the same unskilled player on a Ranger and he will do just fine. I guess you could up their health and up their CD on some of their skills in compensation.

in Guardian

Posted by: frediiiih.2536

frediiiih.2536

Maybe was I not very clear… Here it is!

My main (and only level 80 to date) is a guardian that I built along the “commando” build we can see a bit everywhere. A nice balance between tankiness and damage. Awesome for zergs/skirmishes and even solo wandering. I am in no way looking for the best #1 roamer in the game, I was trying to make up a build that would be oriented this way for my guardian. Lately I’ve been roaming a lot and while I died a lot too (god forgive my noobness), I had extremly good fun. So I thought why not try something that is built only on the purpose.

And to the one saying Guardian can’t do anything… I’ve been 1v4+ many times and able to get away, or 1v2 and kill one/two or they give up on me… Of course I die too, but my skills (bad) have a lot to do with it.

I have to say, though, that I had huge problems with dagger thieves that are almost perma-hide and shot me for half my HP (with my current more tanky build)… But I could bring them low too, only the stealth would save them (I suck at retargetting…). I imagine with a more bursty damage build I could scare them off or even kill them!

tl;dr : I don’t care about the #1 roaming class. Guardians are fun and so is roaming solo/duo, so I wanted to combine both. Oh, and… Thieves are annoying.

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

Are we all playing the same game here are do some people consider roaming simply clearing out the camps close to the spawn points.

Even IF you do not chance others you cannot run away from others chasing YOU. As the guardian is right now, it loses most 1v1s vs the notable roamer classes which have higher mobility to boot.

Unless you are very very close to a tower (which im assuming people who claim they are having no problems are indeed tower hoggers) you will not be able to escape any kind of 1v2 or 1v3.

The other classes have the tools to either win, or escape 1vx scenarios, guardians do not.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

The other classes have the tools to either win, or escape 1vx scenarios, guardians do not.

That’s not entirely true.

The issue is, we have to sacrifice TOO MUCH in order to get the same mobility as other classes…. which is utter BS.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Are we all playing the same game here are do some people consider roaming simply clearing out the camps close to the spawn points.

Even IF you do not chance others you cannot run away from others chasing YOU. As the guardian is right now, it loses most 1v1s vs the notable roamer classes which have higher mobility to boot.

Unless you are very very close to a tower (which im assuming people who claim they are having no problems are indeed tower hoggers) you will not be able to escape any kind of 1v2 or 1v3.

The reason why you think you are playing a different game than others is that you have a different mind set when playing Guardian. Your definition of winning is simply that you have to kill. However for most of us that’s not the case.

I share a similar experience with frediiiih on my Guardian. Most of the time I can survive 1 vs 2 to 3 opponents. I can many times down one, or they simply give up on killing me. I rarely ever die to or not able to get away from 1 to 2 to 3 opponents. All the conditions I remove pretty well. Between gap closers, and perma swiftness, I can get away pretty easily. Keep in mind, that if you some healing power, with virtue, regen and dodges, you don’t have to get away for very long before you have a decent amount of health again. More often than not, the opponent will see that your health is back up and give up. The time I really can’t get away is when I am faced with a zerg train that just condition the hell out of me.

It’s hard to chase as a Guardian. Actually I can chase with perma swiftness (not to all classes), just that to take so long that chances are the opponent will get to a tower, or a zerg train before I get to him, so I never bother. But hey I am OK with not able to kill them. Since if I want badges or loot, I will just pve or join a zerg.