AH Theory

AH Theory

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

This is my first time looking into AH, so I want to throw a few things out there and get some feedback. This will be primarily for zerg running in WvW, as I don’t see much any usefulness of AH in PvE.

Well, the two builds I have both start with 0/15/30, but the difference is 20/5 or 5/20 in honor and virtues.

I do have it set to full zerker gear, but that really isn’t my focus. I can sub knight or soldier in at any moment. I’m running staff and sword/focus. The general idea is to spam VoJ with the staff giving might to 5 allies on every trigger (350hp). The sword is for mobility along with a blast finisher with the focus. I threw the hammer onto the second build just to see the difference. It has protection on every 3rd hit along with a blast finisher with 5 second cooldown. Less mobility but might work better with AH.

0/15/30/5/20
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAsdWlUgyCHGyKEfIFSmCRCBtPAQ4CuekQOEDB-jACBYLCiEEgk3Q0HAJPFRjtSqIas6aYKXER1SBExyI-e

With consecrations I’m wondering if there is the 5 ally limit like with shouts or if anyone who runs through would gain stability. That would make a huge difference with hollowed ground and AH. VoR for condition removal, but could use another like purging flames. I’ve got HtL and SyG in that have relatively short cooldowns, but could insert PF in for HtL. I might be stacking more boons than I need to.

With Valor I went with SiN and Purity because I don’t have any meditations in this build, so there’s really nothing else. They seem semi useful.

0/15/30/20/5
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJASWlUgaDnGyKEfIFRuA7DAETBGh/1DIGRGC-jgxAYrAROgSeFRjtSWENWdNmylIqWKgIWGB-e

With this build, I have empowering might on it, which is another 350hp/s. I don’t have AR on for condition removal w/ VoR so I’ve added some extra utilities. I’ve got meditations in this build so MM and FM in valor are a given. An extra stun breaker but less stability. I feel like this build overall has better synergy and a lot more triggers for AH. Also considering larger symbols over 20% off shout cooldown.

Ok, so now I’ve got a few questions.

1) Do consecrations effect more than 5 allies?
2) Does empower on the staff effect just 5 allies once, or each pulse? (For AH)
3) Do boons given through runes work with AH? Like runes of the pack, or ones that work off a healing skill. Or should I just go with what I generally use?
4) Does might stacking with fire fields/blast finishers work with AH?
5) With Symbol of Swiftness do all allies who pass through trigger AH?
6) With Symbol of Protection do all allies who pass through trigger AH?
7) Does VoJ with Inspired Virtue (might) trigger AH?
8) S/F or Hammer?

Thanks for any input that goes with this. Getting some feedback will save me a lot of testing and is greatly appreciated.

AH Theory

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

All questions in your post is answered in the 30 Point valor sticky and some additional info can be found in the stickied FAQ.

AH Theory

in Guardian

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

As a rule of thumb I would not use healing symbols without a high enough healing power. AH does not scale with a high healing power though.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

AH Theory

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

All questions in your post is answered in the 30 Point valor sticky and some additional info can be found in the stickied FAQ.

Thanks for that. I knew it was somewhere but must of missed it looking for “AH”. Still, a few of my questions weren’t answered. Like if hollowed ground, and the symbol of protection/swiftness only trigger 5 AH heals. Also, with empower on the staff does it only effect 5 allies once or 5 allies on the 3 bursts?

As a rule of thumb I would not use healing symbols without a high enough healing power. AH does not scale with a high healing power though.

Yeah the only two symbols I’m considering around symbol of swiftness and symbol of protection in combination with AH. Precisely because the healing scale is just so terrible. I was playing around with the build looking at mace & healing until I noticed that.

AH Theory

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Hallowed Ground affects five allies per pulse. It pulses nine times, plus the instant pulse when you first lay it down. So that’s 50*70 = 3500 with a full group inside it. If ten people are standing in it, it will still only affect five of them per second. I don’t know how it decides who to boon or if it sticks with the same people every pulse.

Empower pulses 3 stacks of might 4 times, per ally. So in total that heals you for 60*70=4200 in a full party.

Altruistic Healing functions per boon or per stack of boon. It doesn’t care how the boon was applied. Any boon you apply through any means will always tick off AH. If you use something that applies several stacks of might, it will give you healing per stack applied, not just once. E.×. Fire combo = 3 Might, applies 3*70 healing.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

(edited by foofad.5162)

AH Theory

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Thanks for that. I knew it was somewhere but must of missed it looking for “AH”. Still, a few of my questions weren’t answered. Like if hollowed ground, and the symbol of protection/swiftness only trigger 5 AH heals. Also, with empower on the staff does it only effect 5 allies once or 5 allies on the 3 bursts?

Actually the aoe limit can be found in Q7 in the FAQ. And how AH works per application of boons can be found in th valor thread. If you combine those two informations you will get the same result as the Foofads explanation.

Basically each aoe effect can max affect 5 targets but targets can switch while channeling.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

AH Theory

in Guardian

Posted by: jingkangtan.6752

jingkangtan.6752

1) Do consecrations effect more than 5 allies?
NO

2) Does empower on the staff effect just 5 allies once, or each pulse? (For AH)
kitten TON OF HEALING THAT’S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW

3) Do boons given through runes work with AH? Like runes of the pack, or ones that work off a healing skill. Or should I just go with what I generally use?
YES

4) Does might stacking with fire fields/blast finishers work with AH?
YES

YES

YES

7) Does VoJ with Inspired Virtue (might) trigger AH?
YES

8) S/F or Hammer?
Hammer

AH Theory

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

YES

YES

Sorry, but no and no. Symbols pulse every second. It will affect a maximum of five people per pulse. It does not immediately drop a boon on anyone who touches the field. If a zerg of ten people passes over a Symbol of Protection, when it pulses only five of those people will get it. Symbol of Swiftness is likely to only pulse once, or twice with Exaltation, in the time it takes for someone to cross over it at noncombat running speed. If a big zerg of thirty odd people is stacked closely with the commander and walks over it, you’re still probably only going to get anywhere from five to fifteen procs of Swiftness AH, not thirty.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.