AHEM Build

AHEM Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

AHEM = Altruistic Healing Empowering Might

Gear:

Armor: Knights or Berserker (key here is high precision)

Armor Runes: Superior Rune of the Dolyak (Vitality, Toughness, Health Regeneration)

Accessories/Rings: Knights Base with Berserker gems

Weapon: Berserker

Weapon rune: Superior Sigil of Accuracy

Having a full set of Knights and Berserker armor on you at all times will prepare you for any situation. I only switch to the knights set in cases where you know you will be taking a high amount of non condition base damage. You can mix and match to have the best of both worlds if you do that only change the Head, Body, and Legs to Knights and leave the rest Berserker. I personally do not change any of the rings/accessories just the armor. All my armor pieces have Dolyak runes for the extra toughness, vitality and health regeneration.

Builds:

1) Great sword / mace, shield or Great sword / mace, focus
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUMQNAR5elYgqCnFyvDfIFRuAbBYPwYGh/1DHSRGC

2) Hammer / mace, shield or Hammer / mace, focus
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUMQNAS5elYgqCnFyvDfIFRuAbBYP0oHh/1DHSRGC

The great thing about these two builds is you do not have to pay to change builds. Just adjust your traits and your golden.

What both builds have in common is the ability to heal on boon and since you have a high critical chance you will heal yourself a great deal every time you give your party a stack of might every time you crit. All of your Virtues will heal you when they are activated especially Resolve. Every time you evade you will heal not only yourself but party members around you. Every time you apply Justice you will blind nearby enemies as well. Both builds have shouts and they heal you when applied as well. One other perk about this set up is you lose 2 conditions every 10 seconds as long as your signet of resolve is not on cool down.

The differences between the two builds are Build 1 will allow the cool downs for shouts and two handed weapons to be reduced by 20%. Build 2 will make the symbols larger and last longer.

When to use what build:

Build 1 is typically what I play most of the time. I switch to build 2 when I have at least one other Warrior or Guardian with me. Because the symbols you apply with the mace and hammer will heal you as long as your allies are in it. Keep in mind every second they are there you get more health. Yes you count as well so even if you are alone you will still get a little health for being inside the symbol. The hammer’s symbol is a 33% damage reduction on top of the heal. This comes in handy for staying on your feet.

Food:

Omnomberry Pie – 66% chance to steal life on critical and +70 precision

Master Maintenance Oil – Gain precision equal to 6% of your toughness and precision equal to 4% of your vitality

The higher the critical chance the greater chance you have to steal life.

Things to note:

Every fight you encounter is situational and sometimes you will need to use the scepter with the shield or focus in replace of the mace. Keep an invisible bag on you just for your armor and weapons it helps a great deal to be prepared for any fight. No build will work for you if you do not know how to evade so please learn to wisely use it. What these builds boil down to is trying to keep you with the agro and receiving health in any way possible. When you feel you are in trouble use your elite skill to refresh your virtues and receive 2 seconds of invulnerability.

About My Guardian:

Over 500 hours played with the character in the past 4 months and completed every dungeon path with him as well. I can vouch everything listed above works and works well.

Questions please feel free to ask. Thanks for reading.

Notice: This is not a Fractal Build but mainly for all other PvE and Dungeons.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

AHEM Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyber Valens.5148

Tyber Valens.5148

Ditch the Dolyak runes. The health regen is fixed at 30hp and doesn’t get a boost from healing power. If you have a poison conditon then the 30hp becomes 20hp and is reduced even more by the poison’s damage over time.

2x Monk, 2x Water, and 2 major Sanctuary for a boost to your boons durations from shouts. You could also go with 6x runes of the soldier to get the boosts to vitality and toughness along with party wide condition removal from your shouts.

Templar Valens – Human – Guardian
Server: Maguuma

(edited by Tyber Valens.5148)

AHEM Build

in Guardian

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

This is a great build and gear set up, I run mainly the same thing, but either great sword and staff, or hammer and shield and scepter/mace.

I have a mix of knights gear, with precision vitality and healing power gear, as ell as zerker gear. I am running 45% Crit chance 60% Crit damage, a lot of toughness, 16k health and some good healing power as well.

Anyone use runes of Dwayne? The healing power boost with all of the regen you get from shouts, and Dwayne makes regen strong and it is almost always up. I rarely ever end a fight with less than 100% life, and can take on large amounts of mobs.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

AHEM Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

May I ask what is the core difference between your build and the one stickied right at the top?

AHEM Build

in Guardian

Excursion.9752

May I ask what is the core difference between your build and the one stickied right at the top?

I could say the same about most builds that are posted around AH. He does a brilliant job of going over everything. I am going over what I found works the best out of all of that for myself and that I found to be useful. Most people when looking at that much info can get overwhelmed. I break it down into two builds so people can use two builds with not having to retrait.

Thanks for the comparison.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |

AHEM Build

in Guardian

Posted by: bearcow.2907

bearcow.2907

The hammer build is almost the same as mine.

In WvW it’s a little silly how much healing you get from AH with empowering might + shouts/symbols. It’s not quite as survivability oriented as some other builds ive seen (which would use cleric’s gear or similar), but it’s still very good while also packing an ok punch.

Dolyak runes with this type of setup may not be the best, but they are still good, especially when dragging multiple people across the map into a friendly zerg.

The main issue with the build seems to be when I am not surrounded by allies in WvW. It still gives me good healing etc, but I really notice a difference when I’m not benefitting from putting boons on allies.

Pnuemnos Norn Guardian of [Tempest Wolves]

AHEM Build

in Guardian

Excursion.9752

The main issue with the build seems to be when I am not surrounded by allies

This is very true. I do not do much pvp/wvw but you notice a big difference in healing when your alone compared to when you have a full team around you. Its not what I would say is bad but its just not as good.

When I’m doing a pub dungeon I always love to see warriors or guardians in the mix because you know they will be hit with every symbol and shout. Some classes have incredible range and you got to keep that in mind because your shout only has 600 reach. I’ve found myself running back just a tad during a fight just to get the full effect of the heal from my shout.

I’ve noticed people do use different runes with this type of build but I like the Dolyaks because of the when you take into account the regular regeneration of the guardian plus the 30 on top its not that bad. I just prefer the steady constant regeneration.

(edited by Excursion.9752)