AMA LS: Change Pure of Voice to Superior Aria

in Guardian

Posted by: GenoGar.5497

GenoGar.5497

I know it’s sort of insignificant but the trait name “Superior Aria” is a very cool name and “Pure of Voice” is, well, not as good imho..

In the livestream, they talk about combining the Guardian’s shout trait to just 1 Grandmaster Trait using the old name “Pure of Voice” and culling “Superior Aria”.

They are both indicative of improving Shouts but “Superior Aria” has that uniqueness and character to it that makes it fit for Guardian. “Pure of Voice” does too I guess but it seems like it could apply to Ranger or Warrior and it might be something I might see in another game. It just feels generic.

Also the name feels “stronger” or better than normal. “Pure of Voice” would mean your “voice” would, for lack of a better word, “suck less” than a normal “voice”, making it “pure”. “Superior Aria” indicates power that is greater or stronger, also characterizing it as an “Aria” rather than a “Shout”, putting them on a different level than a regular shout, further differentiating themselves from other classes with Shouts.

This is just opinion however. I might be thinking too much about it but I just really love some of the little things like good trait names.

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Oh Blessed be the Lord! They’re finally buffing shout guardian

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos