Aegis, Visual effect - removed

in Guardian

Posted by: Shew.6827

Shew.6827

All I wanna do is stare at the zodiac shield… w/o aegis.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Aegis looks amazing on the Dragon Jade shield, strangely.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

no no it does not.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuro.4791

Kuro.4791

I want so bad The Flameseeker Prophecies but the Aegis effect makes me a sad panda… it looks so ugly in that gorgeous shield…

in Guardian

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

no no it does not.

I think it looks amazing. The dragon actually wraps around the glowing part of the aegis and it prints fairly solidly on the armor, no major clipping issues… on almost 100% of the other shields, it just kinda awkwardly floats in front of most of the shield and blocks the appearance.

in Guardian

Posted by: Narukar.2386

Narukar.2386

So on dont get this thread stoped.. PLZ ANET Aegis vissual in combat only

in Guardian

Posted by: Devils.3679

Devils.3679

If it only shows up in while in combat that would be great

in Guardian

Posted by: toaster messiah.7320

toaster messiah.7320

If you need a huge glowing shield thing on the enemy to tell if they have aegis or not, you are not playing this game right. Do you also try to see the tiny ‘retalliation’ thing on the enemy?

Just remove it already….

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Seems like it would be easy enough to make Aegis only show in combat.

in Guardian

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

no no it does not.

yes, yes it does.

that said, and option to toggle the effect on/off while out of combat would be nice. even just removing the effect while in cities would be acceptable.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Guardian

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

no no it does not.

yes, yes it does.

that said, and option to toggle the effect on/off while out of combat would be nice. even just removing the effect while in cities would be acceptable.

Needs to be off,

On my dragon shield it looks like a drunk monkey dying of ebola placed it their…it sucks.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

I am going to shamelessly necro this thread.

I’ve kept myself away from playing a guardian for sometime, cause of several reasons and the aegis visual being one. I started playing one recently and really like the class, though the huge downside is still the aegis.

It’s a “papercut”, pretty much. It’s such a insignificant detail that still nags you so much cause it pops up the times you really wanna have a look at your character. In combat, I don’t care. But when I am just roaming for fun and such, it kills a part of the reason I chose an off-hand weapon or even a part of my armor.

The least thing Anet could do is give us an option to remove visual effects on our character on our screen. Everybody else sees the aegis and we see others, but we don’t see our own. I find the boon effects to be useful on my allies and enemies, but it’s only been an annoyance on my own character. Too flashy, and I already can see the list of boons on me, which in PvE is enough.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

I don’t care if they add a new effect. I hate seeing a big glowy shield when I’m holding a 2handed weapon…

…Actually, scratch that. I hate seeing a big glowy shield.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I think it’s pretty neat.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Zach.3264

Please keep this thread updated.

I’m not saying remove it completely, obviously since it’s been a part of the game for a long time then people will have grown to like it. Though, there’s still a fair share of people who downright hate it. I am one of those.
I never unsheathe my weapons on my Guardian unless i’m in combat because the Aegis visual is such an eye sore. It just doesn’t work. I’m not a RP’er but I can completely understand how annoying this can be for those who are.

Please add an option to remove the effect. Hell, I don’t even care if others can see it and only I can’t, I just don’t want to see it.

Can you at least give us a response telling us that you’re looking into it and not just shrugging it off. It’s really disappointing to be left in the dark after so many threads have been created.
I apologise if you’ve already given a response to one of those, and I would appreciate it if you could lead me to where I may find said thread(s).

in Guardian

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

It’s an important visual cue for PvP, WvW. It probably needs to stay.

WASDWASDOMGICANTMOVE

in Guardian

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

I dunno tbh, I kinda like the aegis effect while wielding 2h weapons or…any weapon but a shield. The effect looks terrible on shields. Luckily our shield is pretty much useless so…

in Guardian

Zach.3264

I dunno tbh, I kinda like the aegis effect while wielding 2h weapons or…any weapon but a shield. The effect looks terrible on shields. Luckily our shield is pretty much useless so…

It’s a complete eye-sore in my opinion. Shield is the only one I could actually somewhat ignore. It’s horrid on the rest.

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

If they do decide to have this turned off, I hope it’s optional for those of us that like it. However, it’d be easier and less work to turn it off completely, and even easier to just leave it how it is now. If I’d have to choose, I’d leave it as is.

With all this said however, there are more important fixes/adds that need to be made before this would even be considered.

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Guardian

Posted by: BlankeyNinja.1065

BlankeyNinja.1065

I’d prefer we had more virtues to pick from, so we could swap them out like we do with utility skills. More class customization. Big blue shield cramping your style optional.

in Guardian

Devils.3679

Bumping this post for changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

We need more threads about Aegis for GOD OF AEGIS AHAHAHAHA!

in Guardian

Posted by: Michael.4965

Michael.4965

they need to do something about it indeed! I just got me a tromented shield and guess what… aegis really really rreeeeaaaallllyyyyy kittens up the shield ! and I mean I put MONEY down for this shield and now I cant get a refund . Also I couldn’t have known what it would have looked like with aegis ‘cause it’s not in the previeuw…
So please Anet give us an option , I liked the idea that only the client is able to turn the visual effect off whilst others will still see it since it’s only the client that has a problem with it .

in Guardian

Deathmond.7328

Can I vote again for Aegis visual effect removed?)

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Can I vote again for Aegis visual effect removed?)

As long as I get to vote again to keep it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

I never really paid attention, I do like how it adds to the appearance, but when I’m fighting I am not concerned with how my shield looks when aegis pops.

but I know im the minority on function over form (Draconic ftw!)

Sincerly, Me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Uuni.3561

Uuni.3561

No answer on this? Hope nobody minds me bumping it

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

I’d like to be able to toggle it off for myself as well. Really messes up my FSP.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bloodclot.4896

Bloodclot.4896

I have to agree, aegis effect is ok until you get a shield skin to go with whatever look your after and it can really impair your overall look. In combat only would be great although I really can’t see why the option of turning it of would be an issue.

in Guardian

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

I see no harm in adding an option to have the visuals removed in PvE only.

in Guardian

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Aegis doesn’t really need a visual cue tbh, just as many other boons don’t have them properly. Another solution would be to make invisible for your character alone. This combined with the awful shield skills has indeed put me off shield since I started playing Guard. Tbf a decent player will look at his opponents boons, if it’s a guardian you go in expecting Aegis, if you don’t see that that thief has 25 stacks of might you deserve the burst he drops on you. If you’re in a zerg fight it makes no matter as it wouldn’t help you anyway, nor would the visual cue.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in Guardian

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Keep the shield on Aegis. it looks really sweet

in Guardian

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

the solution is simple, put the animation over the right/main hand (or right shoulder as that does not move as much as the arm) rather than the off hand.

[ICoa] Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Kyo.7369

Kyo.7369

I like the aegis, gives the class a unique look, especially when wielding a 2handed weapon.

It also gives shields a nice aura effect imo.

Giving an option in the settings to disable effects like this would be nice for players with bad computers, however. [Effects such as legendary weapon animations, etc.]

Guardian Kyo
Arkham[Ark]
Maguuma

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

the solution is simple, put the animation over the right/main hand (or right shoulder as that does not move as much as the arm) rather than the off hand.

That made me laugh. Funny.

Keep the shield on Aegis. it looks really sweet

+1

in Guardian

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

if your in combat, that means you got hit, which means aegis is used up…….
if your staring at how you look then your not killing anything…

Sincerly, Me.

in Guardian

Deathmond.7328

Old, good topic…

in Guardian

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

The real solution: Don’t play so well. The aegis goes away when you get hit.

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

if your in combat, that means you got hit, which means aegis is used up…….
if your staring at how you look then your not killing anything…

There are two kinds of people.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Here’s an asura guard proudly sporting the aegis shield.

He loves it. Don’t take it away from him.

Attachments:

in Guardian

Devils.3679

No one wants to take it away, just an option to remove it from oneself,

in Guardian

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

RIght. Being able to disable buffs and shut off virtues is a good idea to be able to have.

in Guardian

Posted by: Phoenix Fire.6203

Phoenix Fire.6203

I don’t mind it, heck, it adds a cool effect when I’m wielding a staff, kinda makes it look like I have a staff and a shield. I thought it was only visible in combat., I have never seen it when my weapons are stowed. I think it also looks cool on the Flameseeker Prophecies because that what I’m going for and it kinda looks like the book is making a protective barrier.

Plays on Fort Ranik.
Ceara Bramble 80 sylvari engineer.
Freyr Treewalker 80 sylvari ranger.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

News from this? 2015 came.
Would be great if Aegis is only visible if in PvP Arena or in fight mode.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Why is this thread continually getting bumped? Out of all the guardian fixes; wanting our shield revised, our “teleport” fixed… these type threads should be getting bumped on a weekly basis than a boon’s visual effect.

Me personally, I don’t use a shield so the aegis visual looks cool.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

That’s why. If i want to take a nice pic without aegis, guess what – i gotta fight something, let it take it off me, or better yet use virtue of courage to increase the cooldown before it does, then run to the picture spot set camera right and take a snap before virtue of courage goes off cd. And if the spot is quite distant from nearest mob? Well…sucks to be you!

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

^
LOL

I don’t think it should remove completely, instead it should rework the animation. To be honest, in an actual fight I have never noticed Aegis effect on my enemy at all. They should make the animation effect smaller, and make it 2 instead of just one, and make it hover over your head in a circle motion maybe somewhere around the Halo animation is.

All is vain.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

on the bright side guardian shield skills are so terrible that you should almost never use one in any type of content

in Guardian

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

It’s an important visual cue for PvP, WvW. It probably needs to stay.

I would think any reasonable change to the visual aegis will only affect the person playing the guardian, and not anyone else.

in Guardian

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Oh please yes, this has bugged me from the day i created the guardian alt. My Mistforged round shield looks fugly with that aegis on top, and it’s a right pain for screenshots…

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!