All 'round build?

All 'round build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Qoltera.3042

Qoltera.3042

So…I’m in the process of leveling my guardian. I wanted to know , is there a set-up with decent damage and decent survivability and decent support? It’s not that I can’t survive…I main a full zerk warrior and do fine. It’s just that I wanted a change of pace, so that I wouldn’t be playing basically my warrior but with blue skills. If I were to gear up my guard full zerk I feel like there’d be no difference between my warrior and guard, but if I gear my guard up full tank and support, and play for too long, I’ll suck when I go back to my warrior. So my question is, is there a build that deals enough damage and is squishy enough to force me to continue to dodge but not so squishy that I get one hit like my warrior? Thanks in advance for any replies!

All 'round build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I consider the 15/15/0/20/20 hammer camping build to be all-round

Oceanic [LOD]

All 'round build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Qoltera.3042

Qoltera.3042

Would you run knight’s with hammer?

All 'round build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Stigma Pulse.5329

Stigma Pulse.5329

celestial build?

All 'round build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Asura.5301

Asura.5301

I’m currently trying to build a guard that can be used for zerg v zerg/smallscale/solo and thats what i came up with:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJARWlUgqCnFyMEf4ERWBRi9AjZsjXPoYCZIA-j0xAo/ARMCEBBJ5XEN2qWR0YV1ER1KbMpAMXZE-w
you have 3k armor (nearly 3,2k with the 160 thoughness from strength in numbers) 19,5k health, 31% critchance, 90% critdmg, 3,1k power with bloodlust and above 700 healing power

All 'round build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

If you’re leveling, a really easy build is 20/0/30/20/0. It’s what I used to level my Guardian, and I got mine to 80 by the time pre release was over. Guardians are one of the classes that can play a level 80 build at lower levels, since there’s nothing really gamebreaking about the traits (for the most part). Increased damage against burning foes and Zealous blade in Zeal, Ret Armor and AH in Honor (30 points so you can play with meditations if you want to), shout cdr and 2H mastery for Valor. This will sound really scrubbish, but honestly, the build I use (I don’t use this anymore XD) makes me forget I need to dodge sometimes.

FYI, you will never hit the damage of a warrior, even if you had the exact same gear on. The damage scaling for warrior and Guardian weapons are to different, but it’s not a huge division between the two. I have an 80 Warrior, and it’s so freaking boring to me. There’s nothing really mind blowing about setting them up, except when to use what weapons. Unless you run triple shout gs/hammer+ sword or mace+ shield, they won’t feel the same.

All 'round build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Would you run knight’s with hammer?

the permanent protection you get from hammer auto should be enough to let you survive with berserker’s. But obviously if you do have trouble surviving then use knight’s and switch to berserker’s when you feel like trading tankiness for damage

Oceanic [LOD]