Alternative to the lack of soft CC

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

Hello fellow guardians

About 2 days ago I created this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Pvp-WvW-Guardian-anti-kiting-mechanic/first#post4605865 on the profession balance subforum, and I didn’t get any reply. I know I may have been too straight and my poorly expressed idea rendered my thread moot. (yeah my English, srry)

I was talking about a different way in how to make the guardian more dangerous in melee and more “kiting un-friendly”. It’s pretty clear anet doesn’t want the guardian to posses cripple, and the chill condition is barely a myth in our builds.

My concept was to have a way to punish people that can reliable self apply swiftness, with the use of the almost un-used Litany of Wrath, and to introduce a new mechanic (I can’t call it a condition) that degenerates a % of enemy’s endurance, on burning the target.

Obtena said something in the “Expanding Guardian” thread which I really liked a lot as a concept:
“I would expand it with an additional concept that would be much more self focused. Heck, I could even imagine that it would diminish or deplete other people’s powers to enhance their own.”

I think this would be the perfect description for a all glass full offensive guardian.

So yeah, deplete endurance is my idea, would make it unique and more aggressive than the condition “weakness”.

I would like to hear people’s toughts on it, and how would you implement it as opposed to what I suggested in my original thread, link in the first pharagraph ^^.

Thank you

in Guardian

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Better then absolutely nothing yes.

However going for glacial heart means you won’t be able to get fury on meditation use.
Also glacial heart requires you to use the hammer & only has a 50% proc chance, this makes it unreliable with a variety of builds.
And sigil of ice/hydromancy takes up a sigil slot meaning you lose out on damage potential or utility.

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

@Stand The Wall, true but like Ragnar said, u are loosing up a slot that u could use a force/blood or energy sigil, maybe even a fire + air. We already have to sacrifice dmg runes in favor of Travelers/Speed WvW wise. Also relaying on hammer for chill and loosing monks focus is not worth it at all imo.

Having a heal skill like Litany that encourages you to go offensive but not getting the proper tools of a melee fighter, to be able to land your attacks to benefit from the skill itself is pretty nuts.