An elite signet

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: Guyver.1426

Guyver.1426

Do you agree we should have an elite signet?

And this new slot skill has ability to increase swiftness 33% over 20 seconds or 25% permanently?

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Elite signet? OK, why not.

Increase speed? No way.

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

Map Complete FTW!!!

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Nah. Maybe a stealth purge that forces Revealed though, that would be neat.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Well consider our current signets

Passive

• 10% less damage
  • 180 Power
  • 180 Condition damage
  • 180 Healing Power
  • Condition removal every 10s

Active

• Retal/weakness/stunbreak
  • Immobilize
  • Damage/knockdown
  • Group revive
  • Self Heal

Also consider our current elites

• Invulnerability/virtue recharge
  • Healing oriented
  • damage/condition damage oriented

So for an elite signet we would need to have something that differs from what we already have.

My initial thoughts for a passive on elite are:

• chance to cause condition on attack (chill, cripple, torment or some mobility control)
  • have swiftness while boons are active
  • 180 vitality
  • 18% reduced virtue recharge rate
  • chance to gain aegis when struck
  • block every 5th attack

active might be:

• inflict condition (chill, cripple, torment or some mobility control) to enemies around you for 10s
  • clear all boons from target (or maybe all boons from enemies around you)
  • another big self heal
  • reduce virtue recharge time by 30 seconds (this could bring virtue of just off recharge immediately and drastically reduce the time to get courage and resolve back)
  • grant fury for 10s
  • the next 5 attacks will stun the target for 1 sec each

An elite signet

in Guardian

Guyver.1426

I think the signet should tend to be defensive rather than offensive

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: Dyspare.8645

Dyspare.8645

25% speed out of combat, block every 5th attack in combat – passive
6 sec swiftness/aegis active

That would make me oh so happy for map complete and schlepping around and not be overpowered during actual combat.

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: Andre.6571

Andre.6571

An elite signet would indeed be cool. I’d also like an elite where we summon all of our spirit weapons at the same time. I don’t know if it’d be balanced or useful, all that I do know is that it would look awesome..

EDIT:
Signet passive: gives buffs relating to spirit weapons.
Activating signet: summon all spirit weapons.

(edited by Andre.6571)

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: YoYoPete.6879

YoYoPete.6879

block every 5th attack is a trait thing isnt it?

Do other professions have elite ones?

Olivia Sylvansong [FoS]
Gate of Madness – Fringe of Society

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: airick.9850

airick.9850

An elite signet would indeed be cool. I’d also like an elite where we summon all of our spirit weapons at the same time. I don’t know if it’d be balanced or useful, all that I do know is that it would look awesome..

EDIT:
Signet passive: gives buffs relating to spirit weapons.
Activating signet: summon all spirit weapons.

That is an awesome Idea. I’d love spirit weapon elites. Would work well with radiance having both Spirit weapon and signet traits. Maybe if the signet buffed their suitability too. Spirit weapons need some love <3

An elite signet

in Guardian

Guyver.1426

If Save Yourself boon effect can last longer, it can be upgraded to elite skill instead of renewed focus.

(edited by Guyver.1426)

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Passive: x amount of additional health and chance to proc group regeneration on crit
Active: maximum sized symbol granting stability and summon spirit weapons like a previous poster said

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Do other professions have elite ones?

Warriors do.

I do like the summon all the spirit weapons as an elite. A lot. Might not be the activated use of a signet, but its a very flavorful idea.

Actually, making the current Renewed Focus effect the activated ability of a Signet, and giving it a very minor passive ability would create some fantastic synergies. Having a big ol’ ‘Signet symbol’ pop over your head to telegraph that you are now invulnerable for the next few seconds would be a pretty good tradeoff for whatever the minor benefit that would be added.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Celestial Signet: Passive adds 15 to all stats and +3% critical damage. Active triggers gigantic AoE blue-white fireblast – 1,200 range (max 10 targets). Applies 1 second of fear & 12 seconds of burning.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: Coroner.3168

Coroner.3168

Celestial Signet: Passive adds 15 to all stats and +3% critical damage. Active triggers gigantic AoE blue-white fireblast – 1,200 range (max 10 targets). Applies 1 second of fear & 12 seconds of burning.

Skills in GW2 can only hit 5 people maximum and 12 secs of burning is OP. There is an adept trait that gives 7 secs burning when you reach 25% health (Shimmering Defense) which can be a 1v1 win for a guardian when we’re losing in WvW. AND on top of that you want to add fear!?

Andal Myth Of East – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks [NA]
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS]

(edited by Coroner.3168)

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

So, Necros got a new condition.

Given guardians a new boon and attach it to an elite signet. The boon can give immunity to all conditions and control effects for X seconds. You can only take direct damage while you have this boon.

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

That new condition isn’t exclusive to Necros. Theifs have it to on their pistol/dagger setup ( skill 3). Mesmer’s have it also on their scepter 3 skill i believe.

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: FoopOplo.7914

FoopOplo.7914

There is a reason guardians don’t have much swiftness… they aren’t supposed too. They’re the strong, but slow class. Stop asking for swiftness. What’s next? Stealth too?

Don’t play GUILD wars without a GUILD!

http://www.Vicarious-Gaming.enjin.com

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

There is a reason guardians don’t have much swiftness… they aren’t supposed too. They’re the strong, but slow class. Stop asking for swiftness. What’s next? Stealth too?

Just how warriors were suppose to rely on other classes for condition removal. But now can remove conditions extremely well. And just how necromancer got burning, which is total out of character for the class.

Right?

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: Coroner.3168

Coroner.3168

HA! I can keep up permanent swiftness with my guardian. I’m running an AH guardian build (with shouts, that is). And when using my staff (like I always do) I have access to three skills that give swiftness (two shouts and my Symbol of Swiftness from my staff).
Combine this with the greatsword leap (#3) allowing guardians to have the highest mobility right behind warriors. This is in ideal circumstances though.

Note: I have 10% increased boon duration.

Andal Myth Of East – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks [NA]
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS]

An elite signet

in Guardian

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Number 4 off-hand sword of Warrior inflicts torment. And yes, i would like a elite signet, maybe one that gives us some defensive boon (protection) in passive (not perma protection, idk) and some nice AoE spell on activation. Something with burning and very cool looking but powerful.