Anet - Why would you...

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Create a new Meta w/o giving all the classes the tools to function in it?

SO fk’n frustrating.

I’m am completely tired of having to run MASS CONDI REMOVAL and CRAPTASTIC DPS, just to survive the typicall encounter: Mesmer, Mesmer, Thief, Thief, Thief, Perplexity Engi, Perplexity Engi, Warrior Warrior Warrior…..

Fk’n Ridiculous.

I’m severely disappointed.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

I would say hes mad, but………………….

Attachments:

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Amins.3710

I’m totally mad! lol

I’ve got 1 class.. the Guardian.

I ain’t no FOTM (yes, there was an acronym before fractals) bandwagoner!

Amins – Guardian

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Amins my fellow server player but I always see you alive! I’m serious here though. It is frustrating but kitten I see dead people, and dead myself, and just watch you and a few others in your guild stomp people…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Words cannot describe.

Attachments:

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

Anet doesn’t create the meta, no develorper does, actually, that’s all on the players. Trust me i played LoL.
Anyhow, i do think anet failed here (o c’mon in a game with 8 classes why only one doesn’t have access to steady conditions?), both for not predicting and not fixing this.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Amins.3710

^^ They know ~exactly~ how it will be played out.

You think the builds we’re running are something new? They ~designed~ them.

Amins – Guardian

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Oxxy.7068

I highly doubt they knew that everyone would run with conditions and tanky stats…

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: Merril.7620

Merril.7620

I guess I’ll be that guy in this post,
My guardian is on hold til they do something about this.

I enjoy running every class more than my guardian at the moment. But I also feel that I might be burnt out as I’ve been main-ing it far too long.

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: BlueStoat.9157

BlueStoat.9157

My gurdian is on hold too, so is the second one while i level up a third… never had an issue with conditions. Remeber at launch when everyone was zerking everwhere? Find what beats it and watch the sheeple follow you.

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Anet doesn’t create the meta, no develorper does, actually, that’s all on the players. Trust me i played LoL.
Anyhow, i do think anet failed here (o c’mon in a game with 8 classes why only one doesn’t have access to steady conditions?), both for not predicting and not fixing this.

I agree and thats why I feel they need a test server open to the players.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

I think half the issue is the amount of survivability they have given classes, without requiring much investment. Conditions against a gaurdian can be dealt with, its the annoying “if you don’t invest in condition removal we win, if you do, you sacrificed enough that you cant kill me, so its a draw” issue.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Yeh it does suck being pigeonholed into mass condition removal.

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Oxxy.7068

Being pigeonholed with X or Y builds is what happens with every game if you want to play at top level, or just win some fights. Not that i’m against trying new things out (that’s how new metas starts anyways), but at some point one build or gameplay will be better than others, the problem here is that we (guardians) don’t have any condition sources aside from Burning, vulnerability (which is kittenty in pvp, most time) and blind… heck i’d be happy if we had some kind of chill or cripple to drag fights along if needed.

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Why not just make a necro, it take 2 mins. And deathly swarm/consume conditions is good condition removal.

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

I used to enjoy WvW tremendously, particularly roaming and getting in 1v1 fights. Now I feel like if I do that, I am fighting the same guy over and over again at every encounter. Can’t move, skills are disabled, three seconds later I’m dead. And I run a PVT build now, with Pure of Voice and Soldier runes. Makes no difference, all my defense is paper. Forget about being in the frontline of zergs either, because it is the same condi spam times a million as soon as the enemy gets within range. I don’t mind that it’s tough, and I don’t mind that I can’t just Rambo in; I mind that I don’t have the proper tools to deal with these encounters.

Also, regarding how in every MMO every profession gets pigeonholed into a certain build… Yes, they do, based on widespread concept of what makes the profession perform most optimally to its strengths. Having to build your Guardian against this one specific stat – one which isn’t even within our range of particular strengths – isn’t pigeonholing you to be the best you can be; it is forcing you to diminish your capacity to play to your full potential due to unbalanced mechanics of other jobs.

Why not just make a necro, it take 2 mins. And deathly swarm/consume conditions is good condition removal.

Because some of us like to play Guardians. Some of us have spent a lot of time farming for good gear pre-farmville, getting ascended trinkets, infusions, etc. Working on builds, becoming better at our professions. Just roll a new character? No offense, but are you an idiot?

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

You can have very high DPS while still providing condition removal. Or, you could just not use condition removal at all.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Because some of us like to play Guardians. Some of us have spent a lot of time farming for good gear pre-farmville, getting ascended trinkets, infusions, etc. Working on builds, becoming better at our professions. Just roll a new character? No offense, but are you an idiot?

I play all professions but at first i thought he were talking about spvp. Well in wvw , use soldier runes and syg,sy. If that don’t help use pure of voice too. I have farmed for ascended been trough this threadmill and this is exactly why its bad to balance the game around spvp and not pve. It hurts pve more.

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

I play all professions but at first i thought he were talking about spvp. Well in wvw , use soldier runes and syg,sy. If that don’t help use pure of voice too. I have farmed for ascended been trough this threadmill and this is exactly why its bad to balance the game around spvp and not pve. It hurts pve more.

The issue or possible issue here is that IF you are not running solo or small group roaming and simply running with a zerg, in a moderate to heavy condi-environment, such as those experienced in a zerg v. zerg environment, the use of SY will obliterate you without the immediate use of a condi-clean (such as contemplation of purity) immediately afterwards.

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Yes, of course, can’t win, roll another toon right? Yeah, right, with that type suggestive attitude and mindset, won’t be long before virtually everyone playing WvW will be rolling.playing only necros and thieves, huh, simply to pacify Anet and not working on a solution to the condi-heavy environment that they themselves – Anet – created with ‘fixes’……….

Gosh kitten PvE carebears do not even have to deal with this type garbage, but yeah, we, us WvWer’s, are the kitten children of GW2……

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: lmaonade.9207

lmaonade.9207

the other path would be to go full burst damage, kill people before they can get conditions on you

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Oxxy.7068

Any half good player will try to kite you while spamming chill and cripple anyways.

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

In todays game its excessively easy to apply conditions for most classes:
Thieves: High condi application, great condi removal with stealth spam, plus high mobility
Warriors: High condi application, high mobility, high self-healing
Mesmers: High condi application, great condi transfer/cleansing, solid in combat mobility, high stealth spam
Rangers: Solid condi cleansing, very high self healing, high mobility and avoidance, longest water field in the game
Necros: Extremely high condi application, high survivability through elite and class mechanic, full condi cleanse every 25 seconds, condi transfer on weapon abilities
Elementalist: Solid aoe condi application, solid condi removal
Engie: High condi application, great condi removal, great survivability
Guard: Group stability, 1 condi, solid condi cleansing but needs at least 30-50 trait points to do so, condi application is based on 4-5 attacks or a burst with a long cd, weapons have little to no condi application.

BTW, this is all based on my experiences in wvw. In PVE mobs don’t avoid your aoe, and SPvP sometimes they have to stand in your aoe to keep a point contested.

Guards have constantly fallen behind with other classes getting buffed, and the class and its weapons need to be reanalyzed and fixed.

(edited by Dynnen.6405)

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It sucks but there are two bits of wisdom:

1. I will change again. These things always do
2. Make it interesting for yourself. Can’t you think of a build that, while not optimal for the class, will be aligned to that meta?

Been there, done that in about 3 other MMO;s. This one is no different.

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

I’ve min-maxed in every mmo I’ve been in since UO, but its insanely difficult to do anything when the class is so jacked up. I’m assuming that they are going to rebuild the class, its just annoying thakittens taken so long to address these problems that have been here since beta…

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

They wonder why spvp is so unpopular and not a legit esport. When skill = spamming circles on point its no wonder.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

Well, speaking strictly about SPvP, I’d be down with it if there was an ‘assault’ mode, various maps, and battles 10-15 per team. Much like VoidStar in SWTOR , or every map in ET:RTCW. Point defense is…unimaginative imo

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Amins.3710

HUTBALL lol

On a srs note…

Yeah, I’ve got nothing left.

I’ll just roll around dodge healing and being everyones kitten condi remover.

Super Fun Times….SUPER FUN TIMES…

zZzZzzZzzZzzZzZzzz

Amins – Guardian

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

HUTBALL lol

I actually didn’t think hutball was that bad – lol.

Super Fun Times….SUPER FUN TIMES…

zZzZzzZzzZzzZzZzzz

I think one of the issues is their so called leader boards. They really are a joke. Oddly enough a game dating back to 2001 had better leader boards and weekly stats. By class, guild, alliance, etc. For some reason they are perfectly content with what they display

I guess my point is esport or not, this game doesn’t allow any bragging rights for teams let alone a solo or casual player. No matter how many yaks you kill or camps you flip, or even total number of kills no one knows but you. Oh, and don’t get me started on the number of badges we all have queued up in our banks even after blowing them to gear up our alts…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Anet - Why would you...

in Guardian

Posted by: Warjin.8942

Warjin.8942

Create a new Meta w/o giving all the classes the tools to function in it?

SO fk’n frustrating.

I’m am completely tired of having to run MASS CONDI REMOVAL and CRAPTASTIC DPS, just to survive the typicall encounter: Mesmer, Mesmer, Thief, Thief, Thief, Perplexity Engi, Perplexity Engi, Warrior Warrior Warrior…..

Fk’n Ridiculous.

I’m severely disappointed.

I feel your pain, every MMO that I have played ends up doing the same stupid mistake, It’s like they haven’t learned at all, they are all to busy following WoW.

The problem is to much CC and the “set it and for get it damage” or (damage over time effects) in GW2’s case they are called conditions.

The problem is both those effects end up making PvP auto pilot by just spamming CC to win or applying conditions and just riding it out till the enemies die, it really takes no skill to just land 3 hits to kill an enemy and that’s what CC and conditions do, it takes away the movement, positioning from a PvP game and ends up becoming a who can CC and condition first.