Animation skip-Quick Dodging.

in Guardian

Posted by: seithan.4823

seithan.4823

Q:

My question is this:

Anyone knows for sure, when you quickdodging, does dodge actually activates or gets skipped somehow? It feels like dodging gets skipped – albeit the heal from dodge “activates”, because i get damage the moment after dodge.

Rig#1: i2500k@4Ghz/ 8GB Ram @ 1600/ Asus GTX580 CU
Rig#2: Core2duo@3Ghz/ 4GB DDR2/ 9800gtx+

in Guardian

Posted by: Trungalung.7850

Trungalung.7850

A:

If you’re talking about the ninja skipping, yes. You will lose part of the invincibility frame, effectively cutting down your “evading time”. Selfless Daring is still applied as if the dodge was shortened (you only get the heal at the end of a dodge). So if you get a heal from Selfless Daring, the dodge’s invincibility frame is ended.

in Guardian

Posted by: ExpiredLifetime.1083

ExpiredLifetime.1083

You actually dodge and replace the attack animation with that of the dodge. Try it in an AE sometime, you get the “Evaded” flytext.

in Guardian

Trungalung.7850

If you skip a dodge animation, I’m pretty sure you will lose its “invincibility” frame.

in Guardian

Posted by: seithan.4823

seithan.4823

Basically when u dodge during the 2nd hammer attack , the dodge is also cut down. like i said the heal is applied though and endurance is used aswell.. so no clue.

Rig#1: i2500k@4Ghz/ 8GB Ram @ 1600/ Asus GTX580 CU
Rig#2: Core2duo@3Ghz/ 4GB DDR2/ 9800gtx+

in Guardian

Posted by: Rainydays.5368

Rainydays.5368

Is there any way to avoid the ninja-skip? Doing CoE Alpha fight in path 2 and 3 where you have to dodge is kind of lame when the ninja skip comes out.

in Guardian

Trungalung.7850

Best way is to turn off auto attack. This way you have more control on the 3rd attack and lower chance for it to interrupt your dodge. Also, when you dodge, keep holding the same directional key (hold A if you dodge to the left).