Any good weapon skins for the Hammer?

in Guardian

Posted by: cunoho.4176

cunoho.4176

My main weapon right now is the Hammer, and the look is kind of plain. I was wondering if any of you have found a good weapon skin(s)? I’ve browsed the Sylvari cultural weapons vendors, the Tier 3 Hammer looks interesting, but expensive, don’t want to spend karma yet.

Thanks.

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

Candy Cane!

I love hitting someone over the head with a 6 foot stick of deliciousness!

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

in Guardian

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

ice breaker all the way

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

in Guardian

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Mjolnir, if it wouldn’t need 350 charged lodestones…

in Guardian

Posted by: Draeka.5941

Draeka.5941

The Punisher. That is all, there are none that can compete—price wise, at least.

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: Wasdclick.1764

Wasdclick.1764

I personally prefer the Krytan hammer. It does look a bit “lighter” than some other hammers, but it’s got a pleasing amount of detail and goes well with fanciful armors.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

ANCHORS.

You can get an anchor skin from Weyandt’s Revenge in Lion’s Arch (9800 karma at the end of the puzzle), or by purchasing the exotic hammer The Briny Deep.

If anyone knows of any other anchor skins please let me know because it’s seriously my favorite weapon skin type in the game.

Edit:
Pirate Sledge: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/c/c4/Pirate_Sledge.jpg
The Briny Deep: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/5/50/The_Briny_Deep.jpg (your character swings this with one hand)

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Kerithlan.1659)

in Guardian

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

i like this Hammer (Magmaton) he have really good skin

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: dae.1865

dae.1865

ebon vanguard skins for around 9k karma find them in ebonhawk

in Guardian

Posted by: Tequilapear.1246

Tequilapear.1246

ANCHORS.

You can get an anchor skin from Weyandt’s Revenge in Lion’s Arch (9800 karma at the end of the puzzle), or by purchasing the exotic hammer The Briny Deep.

If anyone knows of any other anchor skins please let me know because it’s seriously my favorite weapon skin type in the game.

Edit:
The Briny Deep: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/5/50/The_Briny_Deep.jpg (your character swings this with one hand)

Is there another way of obtaining The Briny Deep? Anchor skins are probably the best ones in the game so far imo.. Only other i might consider is Peacemakers and Juggernaunt

Madboar- SOS – 80 Warrior
Nashypear-SOS – 80 Guardian
Tequilapears-SOS – 80 Ranger

in Guardian

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I use the cof hammer personally and it’s ok… when you pull it out it has little flame jets that make it look a bit turbo-powered (goes well with my red little asura guardian)…

Magmaton is a good skin. +1

My issue with The Briny Deep is that because of placement it looks odd on your back and it looks odd again when you swing it. They should have just increased the size on it all around imo. The JP Anchor has a long handle but an oddly short top.

Hammer skins in this game generally just suck : /

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Guardian

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

I like the ebon vanguard and the mystic/CoE one.

in Guardian

Posted by: Daedalus Palamaon.8934

Daedalus Palamaon.8934

hehe. I am a huge fan of the Pact Crusher…. It fits really well with anything guardian like (since I transmuted my guardian shoulderpads into draconic ones to keep the skin).

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Crusher

If worse comes to worse Magmaton is also good. I run with both, the Magma one is for my berserkers set, the Pact Crusher is my Knight set

in Guardian

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Going to get the fractals hammer skin myself looks epic but till then I’m going with the lionguard hammer a great one too, i mean, who doesn’t like a hammer head in the shape of a lion?

in Guardian

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Definitely the Candy Cane. For sure.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shizune Fujibayashi.4813

Shizune Fujibayashi.4813

Well, I personally am quite fond of the Ice Breaker, which is the HoM hammer skin. If you don’t have enough points in your hall of monuments for it, I’d go with the Glyphic (Asura/Maguuma explorable area), Candy Cane, or Anchor skins.

in Guardian

Posted by: SpelignErrir.4263

SpelignErrir.4263

Nobody likes the Seraph Hammer?

in Guardian

Posted by: ElSdE.3215

ElSdE.3215

motivational hammer is nice

in Guardian

Posted by: timecookie.8570

timecookie.8570

I think that there still are hammers to be discovered through the Mystic Forge.

This is the Corrupted Sledgehammer that you can get for 30 Corrupted Lodestones.

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: cunoho.4176

cunoho.4176

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions, nice to know that I have many to choose from.

I can’t really get the Ice Breaker skin, never played GW1. I’ve been saving up all the karma jugs, for future use.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Mjolnir all the way if you can menage to buy 350 charged lodestones

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Magmaton so far has been about the only one that’s been big enough for a norn to wield. Some of the hammers were more like the size of maces despite having decent skins.

Would love to have Mjolnir but it will take a couple of years… Not even 350 lodestones in the whole market at the moment.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Been using the Sylvari T3, it’s ok. Problem I have with it, it’s small. You want hammers to be big imo.

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

Always, always always …
1. Begin your search at the Mists PvP locker.
2. Pr evie w and List the PvP skins you like.
3. Then use WIki, GW2Head.com and/or GW2db.com to find the PvE equivalents.

Many times there are multiple PvE versions for a PvP skin.

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”

in Guardian

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

Magmaton/Collosus
Icebreaker, to a lesser extent the HotW hammer
Mjolnir
and ofc Juggernaut

shame the Cultist hammer isnt a real hammer skin, im sure alot of people would aim for that.

Attachments:

(edited by Lorana.2468)

in Guardian

Posted by: Draeka.5941

Draeka.5941

I was disappointed in Juggernaut, simply because it looks more like a staff than an actual hammer. And back to the OP, it’s unfortunate that you either need a fairly high HoM score (25-30 I think) or lots of gold (700+) for some of the better skins. It’s why I suggest the Punisher, since it’s fairly low in price…but then again, the karma gear isn’t too shabby.

in Guardian

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

I like the Aureate hammer as a low-cost, economy skin. Looks good on a Asuran and a Norn.

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”

in Guardian

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Mjolnir 100% best skin.
While it is extremely expensive, it lacks the prestige of the Juggernaut and the extra effects.

It’s a tough decision, since the skin is amazing.

in Guardian

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

The Punisher. That is all, there are none that can compete—price wise, at least.

I use the Punisher also.
For those that played Vanilla WoW, There was a level 30 hammer with 4.0 speed in Alterac Mountains that had a really small chance to drop from a super rare spawn ogre there. I used it on my Shaman to devastating effect way back when I played it in 05. It was also called the Punisher and looked identical to this one. It hit a nostalgic point with me which is why I use it.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

the Punisher is a great skin.
a few others that i have and enjoy

• corrupted sledgehammer – my main hammer at the moment!
  • ebonhawke – use this for my MF set, lol, cause of the gold “tints”
  • magmaton – boom
  • seraph hammer (it’s small but looks great) – although i lost the skin : (( and the gold one is not bad either, but i prefer the silver
  • lionguard – used this for a LONG time. and still love it.
  • glyphic! love the little circular energy at the ends of the hammer
  • pact crusher – quite understated, but i feel a lovely looking hammer and it’s got “weight” to the look, if you know what i mean

a few that i want to get my hands on or wouldn’t mind having

• kodan hammer (HotW)
  • priory hammer – the green block just looks awesome heh
  • ghastly (AC) or the Arah ones look pretty neat and heavy looking too
  • foefire’s power – slowly working towards this now!D again, charged lodestones, but not as many as the lightning ham! i really just want to hold this, and summon the sword, bow and shield as my Guard and take a screenshot lol
    *juggernaut – on my way to get this as well
Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Faction.4013

Faction.4013

Agreed, Punisher all the way!

I bought mine for 1g75s on the TP when my Guardian was still in his 60s. It looks wimpy on his back, but once he brings it forward, it increases in size and looks intimidating as hell.

I noticed that some Norns have that issue, you put certain weapons on your back, they shrink a bit, then once you draw them forward, they “inflate”.

Then again, it could be the bodystyle I chose as well, as I chose the muscular one with the huge shoulders…

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyber Valens.5148

Tyber Valens.5148

Got to be the candy cane. Nothing says merry xmas like banishing them with candy cane.

Templar Valens – Human – Guardian
Server: Maguuma

in Guardian

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

Fractal hammer is my personal favorite. It stats to drop after fractal lvl 10.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tomkatt.1684

Tomkatt.1684

This. I have one, love it. Look is simple but good, stats are exactly what I want for the hammer.

in Guardian

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

ANCHORS.

Edit:

Agree with this 100%. I grabbed the Pirate Sledge skin from the LA karma vendor the second I hit level 40 and never looked back. Something about smacking a Skritt in the face with an anchor is so very satisfying, and I like the fact that its a random item (as opposed to an normal weapon) but yet it is something that would substitute very well for a weapon.

Agreed, Punisher all the way!

I bought mine for 1g75s on the TP when my Guardian was still in his 60s. It looks wimpy on his back, but once he brings it forward, it increases in size and looks intimidating as hell.

I noticed that some Norns have that issue, you put certain weapons on your back, they shrink a bit, then once you draw them forward, they “inflate”.

Then again, it could be the bodystyle I chose as well, as I chose the muscular one with the huge shoulders…

Thats actually a game-wide thing for back-stored weapons (except shields maybe). Pretty much all of them shrink down when you stow them. I’ve noticed it with staffs on both my Sylvari and my Asura, greatswords on both my Sylvari and my Charr, hammer on my Sylvari, ect. I assume its to reduce possible clipping issues or something, though maybe the models are just using a different scale and its unintentional.

Best bet is to just not watch too closely when you stow your weapon, because its most notable the instant it “shrinks” (so at the point where it leaves your characters’ hand and clips to the back).

(edited by Electro.4173)