Any guardian-themed armor in this game?

in Guardian

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

Hello,

I’m not sure if this should be posted here, but I guess I will do it anyway.
Besides the tier 3 human armor, are there any actual guardian/holy themed armor sets in the game at all? Most of the armors in the game look like they belong on either a warrior or some kind of dark lord – what are your guardians wearing? I was really pleased with the addition of the Radiant set, but since that doesn’t have either a chest piece nor leggings/shoes I’m not sure what to couple it with.

And since we can’t get a halo like we could in GW1..

in Guardian

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

Not much outside of radiant, priory and the ahnk helm/sholders you get at character creation. A couple pieces from the norn dungeon work as well, I like the look of the robe pants you get from there, very monk-ish.

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

in Guardian

Posted by: PokerTuna.6170

PokerTuna.6170

no idea what ur after but I think that chest/shoulders I’m wearing are guardian-ish

http://imgur.com/geMdEgx

chest CoE, shoulder’s HotW

in Guardian

Hedge.8760

HotW armor might be a good idea, yes, for races that do not have access to the god-tier T3 human racial. I just really want something with a paragon/paladin look to it. Armor that looks clean and shiny and divine so I can shine in all my splendour whilst saving my team mates. :P

in Guardian

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I hame something like this:
Helmet: AC
Pauldrons: AC
chest: Guild heavy armor
gloves: Radiant (when farming)/Herritage (HoM – when WvW’ing)
legs: Vigils honor
feet: AC
unfrotunatelly I don’t have screenshots on this computer

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

I find the Human Tier 3 stuff to be quite Guardian-esque. Although it comes with pre-requisites….

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Jarettellis.7813

Jarettellis.7813

My take on the guardian to make it look like a “Battle-Monk” for lawls

Helm: Scale
Shoulder: Splint
Chest: HotW
Gloves: AC
Pants: HotW
Boots: AC

Attachments:

Vikings with Attitude (Zerk)

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Think everyone’s gonna copy this look soon…

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

Probably. It isn’t exactly original and Celestial dyes have been skyrocketing since the availability of Radiant Vambraces.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Copy? Then you better trademark that look soon, might get a few copper thrown your way everytime someone buys cultural T3 and slaps radiant stuff into it.

With that out of the way, Its the ONLY decent combination for radiant armor. I have spent hours trying to mix and match armor in preparation for the upcoming shoulders today and i have still to find anything remotely better.

in Guardian

Lord Trejgon.2809

@Hunter O have set that might be good but I cannot heck it until I boost my 4,2k AP to this 6k

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

@Hunter O have set that might be good but I cannot heck it until I boost my 4,2k AP to this 6k

Remember to also mail that guy (Charak) 1c after you get those shoulders. Only fair since you did copy his look

in Guardian

Hedge.8760

Generally, I am going for a holy warrior look, I think. And I’m thinking of just making a fourth guardian so they can wear the human tier 3 chest piece and maybe the HotW leggings – all dyed mithril and celestial. But I can’t believe how few armors there actually look good in celestial without looking rather dirty and odd. :/

The look I want – which I still feel is rather left unrepresented in the game – is more akin to
this here.

Here, the armor is clean and shiny without and spikes and dreadful things to make it look like the armor of a dread-lord, rather than that of a pure guardian.

Otherwise, armor which looks something to this effect would also work, though it’s still a bit pointy and sharp.

There are good suggestions here, and I think I’m really starting to warm up to the HotW leggings. xD

Still no halo, kitten you Anet!

in Guardian

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

Generally, I am going for a holy warrior look, I think. And I’m thinking of just making a fourth guardian so they can wear the human tier 3 chest piece and maybe the HotW leggings – all dyed mithril and celestial. But I can’t believe how few armors there actually look good in celestial without looking rather dirty and odd. :/

The look I want – which I still feel is rather left unrepresented in the game – is more akin to
this here.

Here, the armor is clean and shiny without and spikes and dreadful things to make it look like the armor of a dread-lord, rather than that of a pure guardian.

Otherwise, armor which looks something to this effect would also work, though it’s still a bit pointy and sharp.

There are good suggestions here, and I think I’m really starting to warm up to the HotW leggings. xD

edit: misread
and if you want paladin type armor try CM or AC armor, besides human t3 theyre pretty close, also check gw2armor.com it has all sets of level 80 armor for each class/race

(edited by Clumsy.6257)

in Guardian

Hedge.8760

this here.

if your looking for pointy and sharp try arah gloves/shoulders/chest or full armagedden

Oop, sorry, I mean “it’s still a bit too pointy and sharp”. I don’t like those things since they seem impractical and thus I dislike the visual. :P

I like low-key and elegant armor – which is difficult since I’m a minority. Sorry! xD

in Guardian

Posted by: Tim.5681

Tim.5681

“Guardian” style armor and “Dreadlord” style armor.

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

TA armor set can look quite guardian-ish with white/blue dyes

also, i’ve found that the Whispers chest and helmet piece fit quite well, look at my toon, you can swap those tier3 shoulders for radiant ones if you are not human

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Most likely.

I looked at some other armour pieces though and made this kitten.

http://i.imgur.com/WQa7h03.png

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

This is what I was rockin’:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1289341/Images/gw240.jpg

This is probably what I’ll be rockin’ when I get a few more achievements:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1289341/Images/gw254.jpg

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

you know you can upload pics from your computer instead of a site

in Guardian

Lord Trejgon.2809

Remember to also mail that guy (Charak) 1c after you get those shoulders. Only fair since you did copy his look

If 2 pieces of armor (that radiant ones) is enough to talking about copying….
(actually that would be only"copied" part because all the rest in my set (there was a typo should be “I have set that might…”) is awhole another)

@up actually he does that are links to his dropbox he have on computer :P