Any viable specs that is recommended for PVP.

in Guardian

Posted by: Van.6043

Van.6043

Hey guys, I’ve been wondering after the patch, what other specs have you guys gone to other than the longbow path, I’ve been doing very little damage with the DH path right now. So for the guardians out there, what other paths have you tried that is viable for PVP right now ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

1. we r not really that viable in that we rekt baddies very well but get killed by the really good players

2. Meditrapper or variations of it- http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_Meditrapper

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

in Guardian

Posted by: Quozex.9430

Quozex.9430

Play a different class. I’d suggest Revenant/Scrapper, revenant if you wanna keep that magic feeling to combat.

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

So for the guardians out there, what other paths have you tried that is viable for PVP right now ?

I swapped to Rev.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Oh come on it cant be that bad guys.

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

This is the build I run. I hit legendary x3 in S2. If you need a screen shot feel free to ask for one…

Here is a video where I use the build

I’ve done a couple unranked matches since the season ended, and I feel like I will do alright this season as long as matchmaking isn’t fooked

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

1. we r not really that viable in that we rekt baddies very well but get killed by the really good players

2. Meditrapper or variations of it- http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_Meditrapper

This ^.

The only thing guard really counters anymore is a thief or an idiot who doesn’t know what their doing.

Save yourself a ton of hassle and roll a scrapper, ele or rev.
You will fill the same role better, have more flexibility while doing it and have either more CC, more mobility & or more condition cleanse.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vallenous.2179

Vallenous.2179

Please don’t play Guardian, it is just not fun or good. This is coming from someone who has played only Guard for 3 years with almost 10k games, after 3 years of them being a staple for pro teams, they are contend-able for the most useless/worst class in the game in this meta imo. It’s a shame, and for the first time I really have no desire to play this game anymore. Anet prefers you roll a rev.

in Guardian

Ryou.2398

Not everyone agrees they are not fun because of some pvp performance. Now im still leveling mine so maybe it wont be fun for me but really how is this helping anyone? I hear some say it sucks because of the patch and others say its still good just not op.

in Guardian

Posted by: alccode.1297

alccode.1297

This is the build I run. I hit legendary x3 in S2. If you need a screen shot feel free to ask for one…

I run a very similar build and still wreck in unranked after the new patch. Not much difference than pre-patch, frankly. Few professions scare me, and I even enter most 1v2 encounters without too much worry. The rotation is just that good, with cc and pulls to get 1+ enemies fried by the traps/GS AoE.

Revs are not that much of a challenge to this kind of DH build, on average. Of course, this is not talking about pro leagues or anything like that.

Really don’t understand the defeatist attitude in this thread.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I’m not noticing much difference in the performance of the medi trapper DH. I have noticed true shot isn’t as clutch anymore and LB 5 is harder to land, but that’s not something i absolutely NEEDED to make the build work. Ultimately, knowing when to use F3, ToF interrupts, F1 pulls and using LB5 to peel seems keeps the build useful.

in Guardian

Posted by: Van.6043

Van.6043

Thank you guys so much for the constructive advices!. I actually mained a rev when I first bought HoT, but I had a second character which was guardian and I only did pve with it. I find it really lack luster in damage compared to rev. I’ll try either a scrapper or elementalist! Thank you !

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

yeah the meta battle one is pretty good i got legend x13 solely playing on it.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in Guardian

Ryou.2398

Thank you guys so much for the constructive advices!. I actually mained a rev when I first bought HoT, but I had a second character which was guardian and I only did pve with it. I find it really lack luster in damage compared to rev. I’ll try either a scrapper or elementalist! Thank you !

I cant believe you let these guys convince you, go to reddit and youll see another side, honestly class forums arent really a good place to get an objective look at the classes. Im leveling my guardian anyways, if I discover its all true oh well ill still enjoy him.

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Not everyone agrees they are not fun because of some pvp performance.

Is NOT only the PvP performance; my toon is full zerk ascended from toe to head and I used to solo most of hero point champions in Verdant Brink and Auric Basin with a good time margins to get the tokens. Now we lost easily a couple of minutes doing the same thing. Is not like isn’t doable, but my Rev either using physical sword or condition mace does the task in much less time just spamming auto attacks.

When you reach 80 and properly gear your guardian with ascended you will be able to swich the items to a warrior or revenant and see how huge is the gap in damage in PvE. The changes didn’t only screw the class in PvP (in which already was sub-par) but also destroyed our dps in map PvE, specially in HoT areas (which monsters are way thougher than the ones from Central Tyria).

in Guardian

Posted by: dannyteo.5864

dannyteo.5864

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJASTn8cClDhVDBWdC8DhlGi6aY3yAAbCiguUe4T+oH-TZBFABAcEAY4BAIeZgGuEA1s/AA

I’ve been using this and its been working decently well, the build on meta battle is also decent. In my opinion if you solo qued with either of these 2 builds next season you’d probably be able to hit legendary still, im still averaging 400-700k dmg per game while also taking around 200-300k. I chose honor because of the team support plus Pure of Heart works well with Hunters Determination. Against condi heavy teams i might opt to using hunters fortification over heavy light but it depends.

Imprezer
Bringer of Gainz

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

There are none that will allow you to compete evenly with people your skill level imo. Sure you will be able to beat people that are worse then you and if you are very skilled that could be quite a few people but I always look at it from a perspective of how good I would do against someone at least as good as I am. That’s why playing something meta is so important because it will allow you do better then anyone your skill level playing something non meta and even some people that are better then you that play non meta. A personal example I played a Guardian in season 1 and a Chillomancer season 2. It was much easier to win playing the Chillomancer.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in Guardian

Posted by: dannyteo.5864

dannyteo.5864

There are none that will allow you to compete evenly with people your skill level imo. Sure you will be able to beat people that are worse then you and if you are very skilled that could be quite a few people but I always look at it from a perspective of how good I would do against someone at least as good as I am. That’s why playing something meta is so important because it will allow you do better then anyone your skill level playing something non meta and even some people that are better then you that play non meta. A personal example I played a Guardian in season 1 and a Chillomancer season 2. It was much easier to win playing the Chillomancer.

I think in ESL competitive play the guardian will have no place, but if you are queing ranked by yourself or solo it will still be fine, it takes a bit more skill now because there is less damage spam as before. If you line up your combos correctly though you’re going to do alot of damage. I wouldn’t be roaming around looking for 1v1s unless you have to because of your teams positioning but in a team fight you’ll be fine.

Imprezer
Bringer of Gainz