Anyone rekt a zerg w/ Comunal+Shattered yet?

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

I’m waiting on screenshots.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Had a friend try it out in full zerk, got a fair few numbers but it wasn’t as amazing as it sounds, 2k approx highest, and they didn’t all completely explode like we had hoped. Possibly due to the high amount of conditions to trigger ‘must block first time next to a large amount of allies, allies need to lose aegis near enemies, at the same time if possible for most effect/instagib’.

It could probs be done better or otherwise situationally, but it does seem rather circrumstancial and hard to setup perfectly. Perhaps someone else can find such conditions and post a vid with “boom headshot” when it’s procc’d. I’m sure it can happen perfectly, but it will be hard to capture.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Shattered Aegis has a range of 240, so it’s much more difficult to pull off a sea of numbers; There isn’t as much overlap as you’d expect.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

In WvW this sounds like it would be devastating. The key to all this is Communal Defenses has no target limit…which is probably a bug that will be hotfixed soon. But even if Shattered Aegis only has a 240 radius, your Communal Defenses could potentially end up on 50+ people.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

Also, how does Shattered Aegis/Pure of Heart work when multiple people apply aegis to the same person? Multiple stacks of Aegis extend the duration…but when it pops, does it trigger for each Guardian that extended that duration? Or is it only once for the last Guardian to apply aegis?

in Guardian

Posted by: whiskyjack.7962

whiskyjack.7962

I’ve been testing it out for a few days now, and it’s certainly impressive when it does go off, even if the individual aegis’ damage is a bit underwhelming (I haven’t seen more than ~1k hits).

The biggest issue is getting it to trigger when you want it to, and that when it does trigger, those that have aegis applied get into the enemy zerg to damage them. It works well if you stay in a melee train, but the risk goes up considerably, since you’ve got to survive frontline dives.

in Guardian

Posted by: whiskyjack.7962

whiskyjack.7962

Ok actually this may not be viable, I believe that the damage that’s applied from shattered aegis is affected by retaliation… Quite a few times last night the shattered+communal combination would go off in the enemy zerg, and I would instantly be downed. Nothing in the combat log indicated such a massive spike (20k+ hp).

Hopefully someone else can test to confirm.

in Guardian

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

Also, how does Shattered Aegis/Pure of Heart work when multiple people apply aegis to the same person? Multiple stacks of Aegis extend the duration…but when it pops, does it trigger for each Guardian that extended that duration? Or is it only once for the last Guardian to apply aegis?

Does Pure of Heart also affect others that have the guardian’s aegis applied? The description is a bit vague. It says: Aegis heals on removal.