Anyone think bow will be nerfed?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

I’ve not had it long but love it.

Just wondering people’s opinions on the auto attack and 2nd burst skill.

I’m hoping it stays the same and hammer gets buffed to be honest.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

I think LB#2 gets a few seconds CD increase (like 6 sec CD) I also hope they move the Knockback trait to something more specific like Distracting Shot.

AND in compensation they hopefully buff the non-DH weapons so the LB won’t be mandatory for damage….

#I no words have"

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

If it gets a nerf damage wise then it will definitely need to have #2 not root you in place anymore and could use some increase to utility provided.

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

Like others have said LB#2 could get a slight cooldown increase. Would like to see a 20% cooldown modifier trait for bow if that happens though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

They can nerf it a bit so Warriors and Thieves no longer would be able to argue that they are the worse classes in PvP…

in Guardian

Posted by: Amandil.2137

Amandil.2137

Yeah nerf bow too, like it is so amazing. Then remove guardian from game because anything guards can do, any other class can do better, lol.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

Man, I hope not. I’m just getting back into the game, and now I learn that one of my favorite classes is getting nerfed into uselessness. I am pretty sad.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

in Guardian

Kam.4092

I don’t really care if they nerf it, I’ll always use it cause I like bows

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Yeah nerf bow too, like it is so amazing. Then remove guardian from game because anything guards can do, any other class can do better, lol.

Hammer rev skill2 got nerfed , still better, and 4 of 5 skills are 5 target aoe.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Considering that the balance team thinks rev hammer 2 is in a good spot @ 4s cd (should be 5 imo), I would say trueshot would be in a good spot at 5s cd. It does seem to be a tad bit too op at 4sec (both pve and pvp), and 5s would put it at a sweet spot if you ask me. At 6s cd, it would lose its ability to pressure opponents and extract dodges in pvp, so I really hope they stop at 5s cd for now.

in Guardian

Posted by: Peregrine Falcon.5496

Peregrine Falcon.5496

Of course Longbow damage is going to be nerfed. The devs have repeatedly shown that they don’t like it when Guardians do anything well.

Paragon City refugee – “We’re heroes, it’s what we do.”

in Guardian

Kam.4092

Of course Longbow damage is going to be nerfed. The devs have repeatedly shown that they don’t like it when Guardians do anything well.

That’s a really dumb comment, but ok.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

It is kinda. But it’s also, unfortunately, what it feels like right now. No one want’s Guardians for raids (except to tank the first boss), no one really want’s guards for fractals (or dungeons, but that doesn’t matter since the Devs also made dungeons irrelevant.), and Guards are mediocre in PvP/WvW. They are only decent at it because of traps, and those are getting nerfed into the ground. After the balance patch Guards aren’t going to have a place in any game mode, provided the changes that A-net are proposing remain the same.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

in Guardian

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

It is kinda. But it’s also, unfortunately, what it feels like right now. No one want’s Guardians for raids (except to tank the first boss), no one really want’s guards for fractals (or dungeons, but that doesn’t matter since the Devs also made dungeons irrelevant.), and Guards are mediocre in PvP/WvW. They are only decent at it because of traps, and those are getting nerfed into the ground. After the balance patch Guards aren’t going to have a place in any game mode, provided the changes that A-net are proposing remain the same.

This combined with the fact that anet blatantly ignored the players for 3 years, telling us in what a good place guardian is, causes a lot of understandable frustration. Especially since it seems most of the feedback we gave went into making the revenant rather than fixing the guardian.

in Guardian

Kam.4092

I’m not far in fractals, but am at scale 51+, and have never had a problem staying in a group, and staying in a group for dungeons. Currently they are just mid tier damage wise it seems. We are way too bursty, and I’d want burst nerfed a bit for more sustain.

In reality what I’d want for a guardian class is to be more about support and less about damage. It’s in the profession name “Guardian”… The whole “damage” meta is something that has always killed some of the community aspects of GW2, and even other MMOs.

I’m just hoping our support is buffed a bit.

If I was a Mesmer, I’d probably be way more upset right now. Which is a poor balance decision in the first place.

All in all, I don’t think our class is going to be thrown in the trash like so many think. This naysayer attitude is just something that’s common in MMOs.

I do have one random want though that will probably never happen though. I wish Virtue of Resolve’s trait where it went to the party was baseline and not a major trait in a tree. Symbols should also heal a little by default for allies. These wants will never happen, but to me it would help a lot.

Take my rambling how you want to, I just am someone who always tries to be chill over class changes. I played a Hunter in WoW which went through some horrible nerf patches before over the years. I played for 7 years and quit after raiding got to me. It does really suck seeing other classes doing literally everything better than you in a game, but it’s never permanent. Wish hopefully I guess? I don’t know.

tl;dr
I woke up and said a bunch of crap that probably made me sound like an idiot, but I just try to be a happy person and enjoy the game. Negativity sucks ._.

(edited by Kam.4092)

in Guardian

Kam.4092

Also one small thing needs to be done. They NEED to separately balance PvE and PvP for real… They did in GW1

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Nerf it all they want, but they need to increase the range to match the Ranger’s LB.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Akijo.7395

Akijo.7395

Also one small thing needs to be done. They NEED to separately balance PvE and PvP for real… They did in GW1

They did it in GW2 before too I think, but they switched that back and made PvE and PvP the same

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

When you split skills you build a wall that keeps people from transitioning between play modes. Big surprise: they are powerfully disinclined to do that. It’s a lot more effective to make the critters fight with skills and tempo more like players, even if they do freak out that HoT map monsters aren’t complete rofflestomps.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

auto attack and 2nd burst skill?

God hope not!
Ya, probably skill 2……cooldown nerf.

“Death is just another path”

in Guardian

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

They did it in GW2 before too I think, but they switched that back and made PvE and PvP the same

Ya, I think it was totally seperated from the rest if the game. Can’t remember when they change that tho.

“Death is just another path”