Apo's Tigertank build.

Apo's Tigertank build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Apotek.2189

Apotek.2189

Hello everyone!

Thought I’d share this guide I’ve put together, enjoy!

http://buergaming.eu/guardian-build-guide/

www.buergaming.eu
Apotek – Guardian

Apo's Tigertank build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Danto.6748

Danto.6748

Use the block heal so you can stack might while blocking from the 25pt trait. Move the 10 trait points to Virtues and get 25% more retal since you’re playing with GS. Rest looks good, nice build.

[TCG] Danto – Gaurdian

Apo's Tigertank build.

in Guardian

Apotek.2189

Depends on play style in my opinion, Getting the might stack during the 2secounds the block is up for a rough 50% decrease in healing amount is in my opinion not worth it. Tried the 10pt Virtues but the gains from the might and the 25% duration retal on 1 and 5sec duration skills is for me the lesser choice since blind can be very devastating used properly.

Thank you so much for the feedback Danto! happy to see someone reading it trough

www.buergaming.eu
Apotek – Guardian

Apo's Tigertank build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Revenant.5498

Revenant.5498

I read through, Didn’t see you list armor set you use? Soldiers I’d guess?

Arthur – Guardian
Abelia – Necromancer
Revenant – Thief

Apo's Tigertank build.

in Guardian

Apotek.2189

Mainly into the sPvP part of Gw2 so havn’t checked out status in WvW yet, that’s why there is no armor link at the moment, Soldiers focuses on the main stats so that would be my choice yes

www.buergaming.eu
Apotek – Guardian

Apo's Tigertank build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Danto.6748

Danto.6748

Depends on play style in my opinion, Getting the might stack during the 2secounds the block is up for a rough 50% decrease in healing amount is in my opinion not worth it. Tried the 10pt Virtues but the gains from the might and the 25% duration retal on 1 and 5sec duration skills is for me the lesser choice since blind can be very devastating used properly.

Thank you so much for the feedback Danto! happy to see someone reading it trough

It’s not about playstyle. Shelter will provide less healing per heal, but it has a lower CD and it provides you with an excellent counter to most burst while it also grants you might. The GS symbol is not the only source of Retal that you have, there is the Combo from the Light Field + the Leap and there’s the SyG. Consider that you apply Retal to everyone with either of those 3 sources and thus you will grant them extra retal + Might/Regen/Prot from the 5pt trait. A blind is good for 1v1s and in general for small skirmishes, but you will get more benefit overall by putting those 10pts in Virtues.

[TCG] Danto – Gaurdian

Apo's Tigertank build.

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

The damage you stop while blocking can also outweigh the healing done by signet :L

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Apo's Tigertank build.

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Provide a video! Your site’s well done

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Apo's Tigertank build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

How exactly would you do against a full condition enemy ? I can see Conditionmancers and Trap Rangers having an easy time with this build, considering you have barely no condition removal other than smite condition.

Zealous Blade is also pretty broken. Its not worth it. I wouldn’t take more than 10 points in zeal without a Spirit Weapon, just for Fiery Wrath. If you want to maintain 20 to have that extra power/greatsword damage, you could get those 10 points and put 5 into virtues and 5 into honor, then get inner fire on radiance line or even just 10 into virtues like the gentleman above said

Just my thoughts though

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

Apo's Tigertank build.

in Guardian

Apotek.2189

Going to try out some changes! – see how it works out and add a gameplay video to the link when I’ve got some spare time over cheers guys.

www.buergaming.eu
Apotek – Guardian

Apo's Tigertank build.

in Guardian

Apotek.2189

And vs Condition damage : You have the cure condition ofc, the Signet of resolve (cure every 10th sec) as well as the Whirl light-field combo finisher which removes conditions.

www.buergaming.eu
Apotek – Guardian

Apo's Tigertank build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

And vs Condition damage : You have the cure condition ofc, the Signet of resolve (cure every 10th sec) as well as the Whirl light-field combo finisher which removes conditions.

I dont think the Whirl removes conditions from yourself though Not positive on this, and the Signet of Resolve isnt something i would rely on. I personally think Shelter is better specially considering you have 25 in Valor

Again, that’s just me XD

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

Apo's Tigertank build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vitu.3580

Vitu.3580

I personally prefer Signet of Resolve, but I don’t run points in Valor, so no might stacks on block for me.

q.q

Also, the last 5 points in Zeal is completely useless. Zealous Blade is so weak. If you want to leave as many traits in Zeal as you can, I would suggest only going 25 points max, and putting the last 5 points in Virtues. The added boons on Virtues is something I always get, no matter what build I’m using

Apo's Tigertank build.

in Guardian

Apotek.2189

Since symbolic mark only gives 10% increase dmg on marks and Zealous Blade truly is broken giving ~24-26 Hp per hit I will be looking into some changes, updating the page with info etc.

And cheers to the community for the suggestions.

www.buergaming.eu
Apotek – Guardian

Apo's Tigertank build.

in Guardian

Apotek.2189

I dont think the Whirl removes conditions from yourself though Not positive on this, and the Signet of Resolve isnt something i would rely on. I personally think Shelter is better specially considering you have 25 in Valor

Again, that’s just me XD

You are so right It wont affect you, but this depends on your team lineup and what other classes you play with (if you don’t just want to solo haha) but other then the signet and smite condi there is nothing to counter it solo since Leap combo light gives 4sec retal and not condi removal.

Looking to removing 10pt from valor and will update this in the guide if I do!.

www.buergaming.eu
Apotek – Guardian

Apo's Tigertank build.

in Guardian

Apotek.2189

Guide updated due to feedback and ingame footage coming shortly, enjoy

www.buergaming.eu
Apotek – Guardian