Arah One Shot lupi Help!

Arah One Shot lupi Help!

in Guardian

Posted by: Prodiax.8645

Prodiax.8645

Just got my guardian to 80. and I’m ready to one shot lupi with Wall of Reflection.
I know that i need crit, but i’m sticking with my zerker gear instead of assassin gear.
I’m not sure what runes i should for my armor though.
Also what stats for accessories/backpiece/rings/
I have enough laurel/guild commedation to get all ascended.
I also need to know the traits, (just for lupi) I think its 5-6-0-0-3
I’m about to buy sigil of accuracy for the extra 7% crit. but i’m not sure if i should put it on the great sword or sword/focus.
I also have a warrior friend who will use For Great Justice and Banner of disipline for the fury and extra crit. And i have precision food. So I just need advice on what wep to use like gs and sword/focus?.

(edited by Prodiax.8645)

Arah One Shot lupi Help!

in Guardian

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

If you want to make sure you ohko, you may want to switch your build to 4(II, VII)/5(VI, X)/0/0/5(I, III), this way you can get both unscathed contender ( 20% damage boost with aegis) with the Ground Targeted trait . This way when you put down your wall of reflection and he uses his lupine blast thingy, use Virtue of courage/retreat/Renewed Focus. The 20% damage modifier along with the 2-4% from 5 in Virtue you should be able to one hit KO 100% of the time.

For weapons, GS with Force/Undead Slaying (or accuracy if you don’t want to get a weapon only for arah)

And Sword/Focus with Force and Energy.

Also about your 5/6/0/0/3 build, if you want to use something similar, use 6(II, VII, IX)/6(VI, VII, XI)/0/0/2(I) with GS and Scepter Focus (camp mostly the Scepter) it is the best DPS build for lupicus but you might not ohko lupicus every times with your Wall of Reflection otherwise use the one I talk about previously (4/5/0/0/5), it’s probably best for a first timer!

(edited by Trice.4598)

Arah One Shot lupi Help!

in Guardian

Prodiax.8645

i’ll switch my build to 4/5/0/0/5 seems much better
what about the runes on armor? get scholar?
what stats on accessories/trinkets/rings/backpiece? all zerker?

(edited by Prodiax.8645)

Arah One Shot lupi Help!

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNArdRlsApXo97wVI8DNR8gkZ5xW/51mKDMB-TxBBABYt/o8DgTAQe6D24QAEwTAoS1fOTJIpAeaBA-e

That’d be what I use… though Undead Slaying instead of Force and I don’t use the accuracy (should be at 97% without it, so much going to waste).

Then make sure you’re on Scepter for the reflect part, that nets you 5% more damage than the GS trait + GS equipped.

And remember, reflects only work off damage modifiers and crits, not off of power, so you’re not losing anything dropping that one point in the power tree except some dps in phase 1.

Scepter also lets you range phase 1 after you push to wall not risking getting kicked making it easy mode (just have to watch for the locusts).

I’d also change master of Consecrations for Unscathed Contender but the longer wall can prove useful.

I have Save yourself in there for self fury you can swap for retreat for another Aegis if you wanted if fury is covered. Stand your ground is nice to hit for that transition so you don’t get caught with the grub stun. Also using a Fire Elemental can be helpful as it’ll yield more projectiles to be reflected.

Also to end… don’t pass up the opportunity to actually learn the fight as intended, it’s one of the most entertaining and fun fights in the game. So I’ll leave with this other link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZZS4QIdid4&list=UUXb625IE1vjylfTRW3-B6Lg

Hope this all helps

Arah One Shot lupi Help!

in Guardian

Jerus.4350

No 6 in prec tree is dropping quite a bit of crit chance, not just from base stats but also Right Hand Strength. Scholar is ideal because it should be quite easy to be at full health when it happens. And full zerk is the meta so no reason to get ascended just for this gimmick that may be fixed in the future.

Arah One Shot lupi Help!

in Guardian

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

No 6 in prec tree is dropping quite a bit of crit chance, not just from base stats but also Right Hand Strength. Scholar is ideal because it should be quite easy to be at full health when it happens. And full zerk is the meta so no reason to get ascended just for this gimmick that may be fixed in the future.

Just want to point out, Right hand strength in Radiance will not improve your reflects critical chance (the 50 precision from trait will though), only you scepter skills. Other than that 4/6/0/0/4 seems like a nice build, never tried it though, I’ll definitely try that!

(edited by Trice.4598)

Arah One Shot lupi Help!

in Guardian

Jerus.4350

Just want to point out, 6 in Radiance will not improve your reflects critical chance (the 50 precision from trait will though), only you scepter skills. Other than that 4/6/0/0/4 seems like a nice build, never tried it though, I’ll definitely try that!

Ahh didn’t realize that, guess an accuracy sigil may help then.

Arah One Shot lupi Help!

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Why not just fight lupi normally?

Arah One Shot lupi Help!

in Guardian

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Probably he can´t?

Well….i can see a giant "bugfix"hammer over Lupi….probably destroying this games only funny boss with uniqe animations and phases.

@Topic, gear/build and all doesn´t rly matter (zerker/assasines, perfect runes/sigils), wall on wall kills the boss. Even if u´re soloing it…

Arah One Shot lupi Help!

in Guardian

Prodiax.8645

Ty for all the response, But this is what I came up with since Right Hand Strength doesnt work for Wall of Reflection.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAR8dlsApUo97wXI8DNR8QlbKWG2+BtQlBQDA-TxBBABVcBAwa/R5HAHEg80NEwDAoS1fOTJIA-e
Ohh on the sword i’ll have superior sigil of undead slaying for extra 10% dmg

so basically, when lupi goes into invun in phase 1, i’ll swich to my sword/focus.
Then when lupi is about to use his big move. I’ll pop Virtue of Courage or Retreat for aegis. Since I have “Unscathed Contender” under virtues traits. that give 20% more dmg under the effect at aegis. also i’ll pop "save yourself " for 7 boons. If u include the aegis from before i’ll have 8 boon. Since I have “power of the virtue” trait which give 1% dmg per boon, i’ll have 8% more dmg. Also “Save yourself” gives fury for 12sec so thats 20% crit added to my 58% crit. So in total i’ll have 78% crit. and with the food i’ll have 82% crit excluding the banner of discipline from a warrior. So with the banner of discipline that will give me 8% more, so in total i’ll have 90% crit.

Overall 90% crit.
8% dmg increase with “Power of the Virtuous” trait. and “save yourself” utility skill
10% dmg increase with superior of undead slaying on the sword
10% dmg increase with Power potion of undead slaying
10% dmg increase from “Radiant power” trait
20% dmg increase from “Unscathed Contender”
I didnt include the vulnerability dmg here.
So without that i’ll have 90% crit and 50% dmg increase.
But if my health is above 90%. With superior rune of the scholar, i’ll have 60% dmg increase.

what do you guys think?

(edited by Prodiax.8645)

Arah One Shot lupi Help!

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

I think that’s a disgusting and pathetic move.

Edited because I’m a nice guy.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

(edited by oxtred.7658)

Arah One Shot lupi Help!

in Guardian

Prodiax.8645

Probably he can´t?

Well….i can see a giant "bugfix"hammer over Lupi….probably destroying this games only funny boss with uniqe animations and phases.

@Topic, gear/build and all doesn´t rly matter (zerker/assasines, perfect runes/sigils), wall on wall kills the boss. Even if u´re soloing it…

I can solo it on my warrior.
I’m trying to help my guild mates. They are all new to arah. I taught them how to dodge the grub and they got phase 1 down. but they can’t do the other phase, so I wanted to know the gears i need to one shot lupi.

Arah One Shot lupi Help!

in Guardian

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

The important part of your damage would be in phase 1 for this. Just putting up your wall and using save yourselves at the right time will finish lupi off so you don’t need to go all out dumping everything into getting a good reflect. Zerker gear is fine. The optimal setup would be 4/6/0/0/4 scepter/focus + scepter/torch with seaweed salad food + undead potion. Sigils would depend on if your bothering to get stacks. I’d say undead + strength if not since you will keep a lot up with scepter.

Arah One Shot lupi Help!

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Probably he can´t?

I can solo it on my warrior.
I’m trying to help my guild mates. They are all new to arah. I taught them how to dodge the grub and they got phase 1 down. but they can’t do the other phase, so I wanted to know the gears i need to one shot lupi.

Your guildmates are not going to learn how to do arah if you use exploitative mechanics to hold their hands through it.