Are Dragonhunters viable for raids?

in Guardian

Posted by: asher.1246

asher.1246

Q:

Hi! I want to do raids with my guard, so let me ask you if you think they are viable and what is his role in the raid?

Thanks fellow guards!

in Guardian

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

A:

i ’d say yes LB+staff Dragon hunter , combined with Rangers + sun spirit / druids Glyphs of enpowerment + frost spirit .

using staff 3 to buff all and all range users inceases the Ranged dps plus the DH’s damage at the same time , Traps wouldn’t be needed that much maybe one with a high pulse/damage low cast time only.

dragon hunter could use Sinister+vipers or a mix of power/condi stats and abuse the Sun spirits+ frost spirits and spotter buffs from the Rangers/druids/ and necros Leeching abilities Scaling them up with might .

one dedicated Ranged group and on melee two Guardains 1x dh and the other a general support/zerk guardain backed up by viper/sinister Druid+ LB power ranger + frost spirit.

im sure the addition of might ontop of all these Buffs will scale the sun spirits and Ranged damage through the roof between the melee and ranged phases keeping ongoing dps with little down time.

that is one way to look at things , just as you said " need cordination and coperation within your team mates and character roles."

this will work Very well if the comp is set up correctly.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

TLTL: Check the raids mechanics and be ready to fill up multiple roles when they appear in front of you. Expect changing out your weapons and skills, and perhaps even traits and gear several times to be efficient in raids.

While the raids are pretty new atm, and people are still trying out different things people are speculating a Raid Squad of about 2-3condi, 5-6 zerker 1 tanky and 1 support/healer group should work pretty well and be balanced.

That being said ,you should look at the raids mechanics. Some require lots of condies, some tons of dps, aoe healing is nice considering the damage the whole squad is getting constantly cant be kept up with someones self healing skill.

Also some parts require soft cc, immobilize ,cripple, chill. Even something very specific such as sylvari mesmers that can mimic their grasping vines racial skill can be extremely helpful on the final boss.

Communication and preparation with your raid squad is important as well. Specially with pugs. 10 random players cant just all take whatever they feel like and stick with the same build from start to end.

Also expect to fail, and try again and again and again and you will eventually push further and further down the path

Good luck

in Guardian

Posted by: asher.1246

asher.1246

Well, I really understand what are you trying to explain me, vukorep. It’s pretty clear to me that raids need cordination and coperation within your team mates and character roles.

That’s why I’m asking if a guard DH can fulfill a role in raids as a DPS support or just full glass. If they dmg it’s enough. If the suport they can bring it’s quite good… But not only as a Guard but as a DH.

Ty for the answer!!

in Guardian

Posted by: Jarvis.9540

Jarvis.9540

DH can still bring almost all (if not all) the utility old-school Guardian brought while still having respectable dps, so I don’t see why not.