Are guardians rare in higher division PvP?

in Guardian

Posted by: Reza.9046

Reza.9046

Are guardians considered to be a “free easy kill” as everyone says?

I’ve been playing my guardian since launch, and it’s about the only profession that I enjoy over all the others. I took a couple of breaks, and did some PvP on and off so I’m still trying to get the hang of PvP with my guardian.

I was doing well in the first division PvP, but when I entered the second division PvP, I got wrecked pretty bad..

Please show me some light about guardians..

in Guardian

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

DH burn isn’t that great. You have to tether someone to start, and all they have to do is roll out of the range. You can try to rely on someone to apply burns and then your synergies from traits will kick in. Traps are avoidable, and that’s the big hit for DH. If someone steps into a trap, they’re gonna be hurting if not dead. But just use your eyes and watch where the traps are being placed.

Going zerk DH leaves you squishy unless you stay at max range. Then there’s the difference between going old world and DH. Core guardians are heavily dependent on melee and the Elite classes will obliterate them. You notice the difference in PvE as well. Elite specs are kinda needed in some situations in HoT maps.

HoT is kind of it’s own game now with more damage capability and Guardian/DH isn’t top of the pack.

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

Yes this is extremely accurate. DH will always be target priority since theyre absolutely easy to destroy within 10s regardless of their cds.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Yes this is extremely accurate. DH will always be target priority since theyre absolutely easy to destroy within 10s regardless of their cds.

still many people dont believe that, and when i read on chat "healing power is to counter poison, " stuff like that, and those people talk with a assumption that know everything of the game…. i start thinking if these players aren’t the ones that are doing the feedback to Anet balance and changes…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

On my way to Legendary I’ve only seen a handful of Guardians at the upper levels and even then they are always the first to get targeted. I stopped playing Guardian and have been playing Rev the majority of this season. As a DH I was a liability most of the time, the class just has an extremely hard time competing in the current meta. I mean sure you can do well with it, but for the most part you’re better off going something else.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: InViictuZz.1705

InViictuZz.1705

My advice would be : if you like guard/DH just stick to it and play it. You will do a muxh
Better job when you play sth you like and know. I Main DH and stick to it and even if its not
The meta i do pretty good. For the most part i stay on a captured point and defend it until help is on the way or i killed the target.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kyo.5790

Kyo.5790

I have played Guardian since first beta, though I play other classis on occasion depending on the daily. But when in ranked PvP I want a sure win assuming everyone other member of the party plays decently I always play on my guard. I’m play full zerker but by no means do I feel squishy of each to kill. You just need to know how to when to trigger your skills.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I’ve been playing tempest for most of my pip farming even though guadian is my main. It’s not that guardian is bad per se, it’s just that there’s too much counter to it in the meta.

Can’t run burn guard due to diamond skin, condi revs and necros. Can’t run bunker guard due to condi revs, druids (who will solo your kitten, and chill reapers. Can’t run trap DH due to tempests.

Generally if i see the opposing team has two eles, i instantly switch to another class. No point in that match up.