Ascended Healing Power Stat: I am disappoint.

in Guardian

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

Am I missing something or is the healing power stat on all the the ascended equipment terrible? Why is it half of the exotic equivalent? I run a the Flavor of the Month Crit Hammer/AH build, and like to use the cleric’s amulet for a bit extra healing power…. but I can’t even switch up two ascended rings to equal the healing power of one Exotic Cleric’s Amulet. I am disappoint.

/rant

So, I was also curious, what do you fellow guardians feel would be the best Ascended gear to get for a Crit Hammer/AH build? I am having trouble deciding what best fits the bill.

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

in Guardian

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Knight/berserker.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Guardian

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

There’s no knight either. I use berserker.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Guardian

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

I want healing stuff also had to settle for the soldier crap, though the vit feels wasted compared to what hp could give me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I want knight’s gear personally… there is/was a thread in the general section a while ago with a LOT of people asking for at least a reason for the lack of these item types.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Guardian

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

AH/Hammer crit build works IMO a lot better with knights than with clerics.
Not only you grant might to allies on crits (which I think it’s by far the best damage boost trait you can get for a group enviroment unless your party is already sitting on 25 stacks), but you also heal yourself in the process and you have a naturally high crit damage from the Valor taritline.
Crit rate also do wonders with life stealing food if you feel you need it and with some sigils out there.

You are survivable enough to swap some knight gear for berserker, which is what I’m actually doing with ascendeds, but in the long run I’m really afraid of the absence of ascended knight gear.
I have no problem with using a full berserker set of trinkets, it’s maybe even better than using emeralds with ruby jewels, but I don’t see myself on full berserkers.
Even if not that great, thoughness still adds damge mitigation which comboes pretty well with a self-healing build, and more crucial, it adds a lot of aggro control which is where I think the build shines, specially when PUGing.

Maybe the designers are just trying to nerf knight gear because they feel it’s too powerful for certain classes in PvE, but if it’s not, I hope they add a few more stats combinations in the future (knight, rampager, cleric, …).
I really don’t understand why are we lacking those stats while there are two different stat combinations for MF users (which actually means gimping your overall performance and shouldn’t be so tied to using BiS gear), specially that paired with defensive stats.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

They already posted that they are going to be adding more stat combinations to ascended gear. And no, they don’t think that Knight’s is OP…that’s ridiculous. If anything, Berserker’s is OP seeing as how mitigation stats aren’t needed that much and crit damage has such a large increase in damage output relative to precision and power.

Magi’s > Cleric’s anyway. LOL @ power when you you can be getting might stacks, vigor, and lifesteal from food. Not to mention Vitality is generally superior to Toughness because a) this game doesn’t have a steady stream of damage, it’s burst and b) Toughness doesn’t even work vs. conditions. The downside is that you do less damage than Cleric’s because Power has a much greater damage increasing effect than Precision, but your damage is miniscule compared to the real DPS anyway so whatever.

in Guardian

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

toughness is damage reduction. vitality is damage buffer. you take the exact amount of damage if you have 0 toughness so that means over time, toughness will do you more good.

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

They confirmed that they’re going to introduce more stat combos later.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

toughness is damage reduction. vitality is damage buffer. you take the exact amount of damage if you have 0 toughness so that means over time, toughness will do you more good.

Only true if a) you never get spike damage b) you take little condition damage c) you never get back to full health in a fight (wearing Vit gear) and d) the fight lasts long enough for the toughness reduction to become greater than the extra health from vitality. Considering how my health spikes from full, to low, to full, to low, while most long-term consistent damage seems to come from conditions, it isn’t readily apparent that those criteria are met. Spouting wisdom from other MMO’s where healer mana conservation is paramount does not make it the right choice in GW2.

in Guardian

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Only true if a) you never get spike damage b) you take little condition damage c) you never get back to full health in a fight (wearing Vit gear) and d) the fight lasts long enough for the toughness reduction to become greater than the extra health from vitality. Considering how my health spikes from full, to low, to full, to low, while most long-term consistent damage seems to come from conditions, it isn’t readily apparent that those criteria are met. Spouting wisdom from other MMO’s where healer mana conservation is paramount does not make it the right choice in GW2.

say player A has 2000 health and has 25 percent damage reduction and player B has 2500 health and no damage reduction. a spike damage of 2000 will leave person A with 500 health and leave person B with 500 health. Assuming that they heal for 1000. so after healing, person A will have 1500 health and person B with 1500 health. say another spike damage hits both of them with 1500. Person A will have 375 health and person B will be dead.

So I refuted your spike damage argument.

Condition damage. Not all of tyria is condition damage. Condition damage is per tick and condition removal is player discretion. Of course if you have low health and go to an area with zillion ticks of condition damage, you pack condi removal.

c.) A person with low health pool can get back to full health easily than A person with high health pool, with the same healpoints. and the one that i said first still applies.

d.) Define long enough. Coz time length is proportional to how big is the area that you’re clearing. if you face many mobs in a map, that constitutes the steady flow of damage.

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

in Guardian

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

They confirmed that they’re going to introduce more stat combos later.

Really depends on what “later” means.

They also said they’re going to introduce ascended items into WvW a few months ago (that was November last year) and look what we got. For those of us who do fractals, getting ascended amulet ASAP is necessary to get around the new and improved AgonyGate, so most of us will get it as soon as we hit 30 laurel. I do not believe they’ll release any new stat combos before that. So we’ll have to wait at least another month to accumulate enough laurels for another amulet, if they decide to release it then.

I don’t know. It’s really just adding a new item into the catalog. It takes 10 minutes…

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis