Ascended armor maths for guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Slypher.5321

Slypher.5321

Hey,

I’ve been starting to craft my ascended armor for my guard, and god know I don’t want to have to do that more than once.
It’s seems that mixing Zerker and Assassin’s armor is the best now from what I’ve gathered.

I’m using a sword/focus dps build (10/30/0/10/20) with Right-hand Strength.

If I’ve done the math correctly, a full zerker build would reach 94% crit chance (with fury, banner and 70 precision food) and a mix build would reach 97%.

Is 97% really that much better than 94% ? Is it worth the lose of power ? And there is the flat 5% crit chance sigil that could be used to reach ~100%…

Is there some theorycrafting guys here that could help me ?

Thanks

in Guardian

Posted by: Kelnis.1829

Kelnis.1829

I know the DnT folks advocate maximizing crit chance, but I personally find that crit chance tends to diminish in value relative to power after 90%~. I’ve opted to utilize full berserker for this reason The difference was reportedly very small 0.5-1% when using the 3x Assassin’s Pieces (for a warrior, math might be different on a guardian too), however that is within margin of weapon range alone so it would be difficult to accurately quantify the power difference between the two.

Regardless, choose whichever you prefer.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Best for Damage I’m assuming? Without the big math explanation, the best damage will simply come from full zerker gear. Assassins might be close but the overall damage loss due to lower power on it is higher than the damage gain from the extra precision. The only argument to mix zerker and assassin is to proc rune/sigil effects more often, but even then, it’s not that significant an increase.

This might not be directly related to your questions but it’s a good read if you are asking yourself how to balance your damage output between Power and Precision. I think this might help you out if you are able to follow the math:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Damage-Power-Precision-and-Golden-Ratios/first#post2851306

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: Sutcliffe.5491

Sutcliffe.5491

I am pretty sure that if u are focusing on one handed weapon utilizing RHS.
With max buffs(full might/fury/banner/precison food), u can easily reach 99% crit chance.
Full berserker armor is the way to go and use bloodlust stacks